Recruiting chat on Friday, June 3rd: Noon-1 P.M.

How many are we taking at ea. position. 2 QB , etc.

2 QB
2 RB
4-5 WR
1 TE
3-4 OL
1-2 DE
1-2 DT
2 LB
2-3 S
2-3 CB

Pretty much this. maybe another TE

What's your take on Marco Wilson's landing spot and is he a priority for the staff given his talent level?

Marco is 100% a priority for Miami. It is tough to say if he will ultimately pick Miami, but I know that there is a very realistic chance here.

Advertisement
Where do they plan to use Deejay Dallas I see you did't list him amoung WRs you see in this class? Also do you see CJ Henderson sticking?

Hey Pete. Thanks for sharing your insight and sources with us. Who is at the top of our list for DT's? How many are they looking at taking this cycle?

Believe they only want one more after Ford. My hunch is they are waiting to emerge with an elite guy after the season. Don't have a name right now

[TWEET][/TWEET]who do you view as 2018 top receivers we are after

Daqurius Wiggins (Commited)
Elijah Moore
Jacob Copeland
Brian Hightower
Warren Thompson

Mark Pope
Xavier Williams
and Dominick Watt are also names to watch

Yea there are so many including eskridge so I'm curious as to how many we take and who are the top ones for our staff

Nice list here. Eskridge is not a take right now though. Dee Wiggins is so good.

I know right, Wiggins looks the part, he has it all, and that was just from what we saw on a lack luster Killian team. Hope he sticks I know teams are going to come hard at him and I know we might take a decent amount of WR this class hopefully that doesn't scare him away either.

Hey Pete. Thanks for sharing your insight and sources with us. Who is at the top of our list for DT's? How many are they looking at taking this cycle?

Believe they only want one more after Ford. My hunch is they are waiting to emerge with an elite guy after the season. Don't have a name right now
I actually do [MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION], Elijiah Conliffe of VA. Not a elite guy though

Advertisement
Where do they plan to use Deejay Dallas I see you did't list him amoung WRs you see in this class? Also do you see CJ Henderson sticking?

Yes, Dallas will play receiver but they plan on using him all over the place. They will use him in the return game and plan to have some packages in the offense with him. They will move him around

Daqurius Wiggins (Commited)
Elijah Moore
Jacob Copeland
Brian Hightower
Warren Thompson

Mark Pope
Xavier Williams
and Dominick Watt are also names to watch

Yea there are so many including eskridge so I'm curious as to how many we take and who are the top ones for our staff

Nice list here. Eskridge is not a take right now though. Dee Wiggins is so good.

Do you think Dee Wiggins sticks?

Yes, but he needs to stay working in the classroom.

Where are we standing with Trevon Grimes since hearing how much his mother loves this staff?? Rivals released a article yesterday saying we were still in the recruiting picture

Same position as we were before, Rivals just needed something to write about.

Ahh, so OSU still has a huge lead then UF, FSU, and Us? [MENTION=10844]Lutzboy247[/MENTION]

Yep, definitely looks like it'll be an OSU-Florida race, unless Florida has a bad season like most of us believe, then he should be OSUs to lose. But with Richt here, and Sam Bruce and Irvin Jr. in his ear, let's just hope for the best. Really I'd say he's OSU bound unless they have some sort of catastrophic meltdown this year.

OSU I get it but UF?? What Grimes wants to be a blocking wide reciever?? They have no QB

Advertisement

I actually do [MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION], Elijiah Conliffe of VA. Not a elite guy though

They want elite. There's a bunch of guys the same caliber as Conliffe such as Kane Taylor, but they don't want to settle

Where are we standing with Trevon Grimes since hearing how much his mother loves this staff?? Rivals released a article yesterday saying we were still in the recruiting picture

Same position as we were before, Rivals just needed something to write about.

Ahh, so OSU still has a huge lead then UF, FSU, and Us? [MENTION=10844]Lutzboy247[/MENTION]

Yep, definitely looks like it'll be an OSU-Florida race, unless Florida has a bad season like most of us believe, then he should be OSUs to lose. But with Richt here, and Sam Bruce and Irvin Jr. in his ear, let's just hope for the best. Really I'd say he's OSU bound unless they have some sort of catastrophic meltdown this year.

OSU I get it but UF?? What Grimes wants to be a blocking wide reciever?? They have no QB

Lol it's more because of Jake Allen, his teammate now, is commited to play there. But ya I wouldn't want to go there right now if I was a WR.

They want elite. There's a bunch of guys the same caliber as Conliffe such as Kane Taylor, but they don't want to settle

:U5PyXda:

Advertisement

Well I do know they went out and offered Jay Tufele of Utah, maybe that's the name your looking for?? [MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION] . Deejay Dallas seems to have already followed him to help recruit him

Jay Tufele, Bingham, Defensive Tackle

Advertisement
I think that this class will have anywhere from 20-22

Why so little?

we currently have 79 total.

11 seniors graduating after this year would give us 68 returning for 2017.

that allows us a 2017 class size of 17(85 max = 68 +17). so for any recruit you'd want to add to the 2017 class, we'll need attrition.

20-22 means anywhere from 3-5 guys currently on the team and not seniors will either transfer or go pro early.

http://canerage.tripod.com/DepthChart.html

Last edited:
Who are the major DB targets in 2018 besides Blades? seems like a very deep class and i doubt we can take them all.

Advertisement
Back