Recruiting chat on Friday, June 3rd: Noon-1 P.M.

View as article
Who are the remaining high priority targets on our board?

These seem to be the names we hear the most:

RB: McFarland/Felix
WR: Jeudy/Buckley/Njoku
OL: Brahms/Leatherwood/Minor/Herbert/Slaton
DL: Wright/D.J. Johnson/Garvin/Carney/Kane Taylor/Parks?
LB: Wilder/Jennings/Miller/Houston
DB: Brini/Wilson/Bandy/Davis/Brad Stewart/Edwards/Daniel Wright/Carter/Burgess/Delpit?

Pretty much answered your own question, that's a good list. Except Slaton and Houston, the staff isn't really pursuing them.

Advertisement
Possibility of Jobe reclassifying to 2017? I read on this board he wouldn't be able to play his senior year due to age. Would be great to bring in all the Columbus boys together.

Going to be very tough for him to reclassify. He would need to do two years worth of course work in less than a year. Not impossible, but he needs to be working on it NOW, which is not the case from what I've been told.

Advertisement
Where are we standing with Trevon Grimes since hearing how much his mother loves this staff?? Rivals released a article yesterday saying we were still in the recruiting picture

Miami is in the picture but they feel much more confident about Jeudy.

Who are the remaining high priority targets on our board?

These seem to be the names we hear the most:

RB: McFarland/Felix
WR: Jeudy/Buckley/Njoku
OL: Brahms/Leatherwood/Minor/Herbert/Slaton
DL: Wright/D.J. Johnson/Garvin/Carney/Kane Taylor/Parks?
LB: Wilder/Jennings/Miller/Houston
DB: Brini/Wilson/Bandy/Davis/Brad Stewart/Edwards/Daniel Wright/Carter/Burgess/Delpit?

Pretty much answered your own question, that's a good list. Except Slaton and Houston, the staff isn't really pursuing them.
I would actually replace slaton With Adrian Ealy

Advertisement
Possibility of Jobe reclassifying to 2017? I read on this board he wouldn't be able to play his senior year due to age. Would be great to bring in all the Columbus boys together.

Going to be very tough for him to reclassify. He would need to do two years worth of course work in less than a year. Not impossible, but he needs to be working on it NOW, which is not the case from what I've been told.

It's not two years in less than a year, that makes no since. It is two full school years that need to be done in one full school year plus a summer. Still a lot, but possible.

Who in your opinion are our top non committed targets and our realistic chances of landing them?

Are there any currently committed players you think might decommit in the future?

Where do you see this class ending up in terms of numbers and commits at each position?

Possible decommits - Rodney Scott, Nick Roberts, Bentavious Thompson...might be drops for different reasons.

Will get to the other two later in the chat

[MENTION=4648]Pete[/MENTION]rariz Do you think recruiting services will start to factor age into their recruiting ranking? Seems there is a growing trend of 19+year old kids being deemed "all stars" yet in a lot of cases they aren't able to compete their full senior season and in some cases won't arrive on campus till they're 20 years old.

What is our most likely pull at rb? Seems pretty clear thompson is not a take and that Burns may be wavering.

They want Burns. Thompson may be a grades casualty.

I think it will be McFarland and Burns. Felix very possible too.

Advertisement
Bandy update?

I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up at Miami. Just too many things working in their favor and it's not like they offered right before signing day. I just don't think the flip will come "soon" like most of you are hoping. It could take some time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back