Recruiting chat on Friday, June 3rd: Noon-1 P.M.

View as article
We have 15 commits now. There will be more than 20-22 in this class unless CMR is saving ships for next year.

that depends solely on attrition of non-seniors between now and the beginning of the 2017 season. we are currently capped at 17 spots. every non-senior that leaves the team between now & fall 2017 is one more spot for the 2017 recruiting class.

Be serious, there's plenty of spots available, there's probably 5 kids committed right now that won't be in the class, more transfers, cuts, and draft.

There's only 4 potential early draftess imo. Kaaya, Muhammed, Yearby (his draft value has very little chance to rise imo), and Njoku. Best case scenario imo is there is 6-7 transfers/cuts and 2-3 early departures leaving us with a class of 26-27. 30 just ins't that realistic at this point.

Cut/Transfer watch.
Michael Jackson (Needs to take a big leap this year or the 2016 could immediatley bury him on depth chart)
Brendan Loftus (Not a true T for us)
Trayone Gray (Could quickly get buried on the depth chart even further)
Darrel Langham (Too much talent coming in , has to prove a lot this year)
Jahair Jones (P5 may not be a fit for him)
Terrance Henley (same as michael jackson)
Ryan Mayes (same as michael jackson)
Terry McCray (not miami caliber)
Mike Smith (not athletic enough to start, could see him wanting to get burn elsewhere)
James King (not miami caliber)
Ryan Fines (doesn't fit the scheme)
Chris Perry (already passed on the depth chart by shaq and pick and likely mccloud, talented but may want playing time elsewhere)
I disagree with a few only because they like them.. and has been reported as so....

*CB Michael Jackson good size, speed n length, needs more development..should have redshirted

* LB/S James King like his speed was moved to safety

*LB Charles Perry had a good spring and he should stay put will see PT and Mostly on Special Teams

Advertisement
scholly count at 79
11 seniors
lets say no one leaves early for the draft that would be 68 or 17 scholarships. Here's where it gets good.......pick 9-10 of these guys who won't be here next year:
Gus Edwards, Trayon Gray, Hunter Knighton, Jahir Jones, Ryan Mayes, Michael Jackson, Mike Smith, Terry McCray, Darrell Langham, Brendan Loftus, Hayden Mahoney, Ryan Fines, James King, Terrance Henly, Jamie Gordnier, Scott Patchan.

A case can be made for every one of these guys either leaving for the chance to play significanly elsewhere or getting recruited over in the next 2 classes. 10 of them leave that means we have 27 scholly's for 2017 class

I only see Edwards, Gray, Jackson, Patchan, Mahoney and Gordinier staying...everyone else will be gone

Who do the coaches view as 5 most important recruits this cycle?

Thanks.

Not exact but I get the sense that it's something along the lines of

1) N'Kosi Perry
2) Navaughn Donaldson
3) Jerry Jeudy
4) Daniel Wright
5) Jarez Parks

They're that high on Perry?

Kid is super legit he has that tebow manziel it factor ino

Perry being their number one priority in Pete's eyes confirms what I've said all along, Perry is a baller. The sky is the limit with this young man.

Advertisement
Hey Pete. Thanks for sharing your insight and sources with us. Who is at the top of our list for DT's? How many are they looking at taking this cycle?

Believe they only want one more after Ford. My hunch is they are waiting to emerge with an elite guy after the season. Don't have a name right now

I am thinking 2017 SDE James Hudson from Toledo, OH is at the top of Coach Kools list, but will be a hard pull from the B10.
Link to thread
https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/canes-recruiting/99065?highlight=Sde

I like 2017 SDE Phidarian Mathis from Louisiana a lot more than Hudson, but pulling Mathis out of $EC country will be tall task as the $EC big dogs are starting to come calling
Link to thread
https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/phidarian-mathis-2017-3*-sde-dt-miami-prospect/99093?highlight=Sde

Peter what are your thoughts on these two dlinemen and UM?

Go Canes

Advertisement
Back