Recruiting chat on Friday, June 3rd: Noon-1 P.M.

View as article
Advertisement
DJ Johnson just released a top 4 of Michigan, Alabama, UM, and OU

Is McFarland a take at this point? Coaches seem to prefer bigger/stronger backs such as Thompson

We have 15 commits now. There will be more than 20-22 in this class unless CMR is saving ships for next year.

Advertisement
Who do the coaches view as 5 most important recruits this cycle?

Thanks.

Not exact but I get the sense that it's something along the lines of

1) N'Kosi Perry
2) Navaughn Donaldson
3) Jerry Jeudy
4) Daniel Wright
5) Jarez Parks

They're that high on Perry?

Kid is super legit he has that tebow manziel it factor ino

I see so much deshaun Watson in N kosi perry. Maybe not quite the runner Watson is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leatherwood and Brahms.... I know you released info that they'd be at Miami's camp... Do we have a legit shot or just a pipe dream?

Advertisement
We have 15 commits now. There will be more than 20-22 in this class unless CMR is saving ships for next year.

that depends solely on attrition of non-seniors between now and the beginning of the 2017 season. we are currently capped at 17 spots. every non-senior that leaves the team between now & fall 2017 is one more spot for the 2017 recruiting class.

that depends solely on attrition of non-seniors between now and the beginning of the 2017 season. we are currently capped at 17 spots. every non-senior that leaves the team between now & fall 2017 is one more spot for the 2017 recruiting class.

Be serious, there's plenty of spots available, there's probably 5 kids committed right now that won't be in the class, more transfers, cuts, and draft.

Advertisement

Be serious, there's plenty of spots available, there's probably 5 kids committed right now that won't be in the class, more transfers, cuts, and draft.

i am serious. i also agree that there will be more than 17 spots available. but, until the transfers, cuts, & early entry draft guys leave, however, the math is the math. and guys can decommit, that wont change the total amount of spots available.

Ahh, so OSU still has a huge lead then UF, FSU, and Us? [MENTION=10844]Lutzboy247[/MENTION]

Yep, definitely looks like it'll be an OSU-Florida race, unless Florida has a bad season like most of us believe, then he should be OSUs to lose. But with Richt here, and Sam Bruce and Irvin Jr. in his ear, let's just hope for the best. Really I'd say he's OSU bound unless they have some sort of catastrophic meltdown this year.

OSU I get it but UF?? What Grimes wants to be a blocking wide reciever?? They have no QB

Lol it's more because of Jake Allen, his teammate now, is commited to play there. But ya I wouldn't want to go there right now if I was a WR.

Jake Allen sucks, His #'s are straight awful when you consider the amount of talent that has surrounded him.

Ya I'm not high on him at all, and if Grimes has any sense at all he'll stay away from Florida

Advertisement

There's only 4 potential early draftess imo. Kaaya, Muhammed, Yearby (his draft value has very little chance to rise imo), and Njoku. Best case scenario imo is there is 6-7 transfers/cuts and 2-3 early departures leaving us with a class of 26-27. 30 just ins't that realistic at this point.

Cut/Transfer watch.
Michael Jackson (Needs to take a big leap this year or the 2016 could immediatley bury him on depth chart)
Brendan Loftus (Not a true T for us)
Trayone Gray (Could quickly get buried on the depth chart even further)
Darrel Langham (Too much talent coming in , has to prove a lot this year)
Jahair Jones (P5 may not be a fit for him)
Terrance Henley (same as michael jackson)
Ryan Mayes (same as michael jackson)
Terry McCray (not miami caliber)
Mike Smith (not athletic enough to start, could see him wanting to get burn elsewhere)
James King (not miami caliber)
Ryan Fines (doesn't fit the scheme)
Chris Perry (already passed on the depth chart by shaq and pick and likely mccloud, talented but may want playing time elsewhere)

To go over 22 would probably mean that people declare early that you wish wouldn't. Be careful what you wish for.

Thank you Pete. Also, I completely agree with the above post, this is a Q and A for Pete, not for anyone else, if you would like to anwser questions please start your own threads instead of diluting this one.

We got more experts than the entire WalMart chain has suppositories.

Advertisement
Back