Recruit that Miami didn't offer that makes you scratch your head?

Advertisement
Antonio Bryant
Chad Ochocinco
Lavonte David
Louis Delmas
Antonio Brown
Rakeem Cato
Devonta Freeman
Kayvon Webster
Demetrice Morley
Xavier Rhodes
Lamar Jackson
Deandre Baker
Greg McCrae
Tutu Atwell

Asante Samuel Sr.

Skai Moore

Al Harris (this may have been an academic issue; it is so long ago I can't remember)

Brad Banks

Santonio Holmes

ANTONIO BRYANT is still the one that ****es me off the most

Skai Moore (maybe we offered last minute), Devonta Freeman, Bridgewater, Lamar Jackson, Quincy Wilson, Rhodes, another WR somewhat recently I can’t think of

Edit: Isaiah McKenzie is who I was thinking of

Also, Kelvin Harmon in Richts first class (from NJ but he was waiting for an offer and we never did), Mackensie Alexander, Carlton Davis.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Skai Moore (maybe we offered last minute), Devonta Freeman, Bridgewater, Lamar Jackson, Quincy Wilson, Rhodes, another WR somewhat recently I can’t think of
Bridgewater was committed to us at one point. He backed out on his own.

Antonio Bryant
Chad Ochocinco
Lavonte David
Louis Delmas
Antonio Brown
Rakeem Cato
Devonta Freeman
Kayvon Webster
Demetrice Morley
Xavier Rhodes
Lamar Jackson
Deandre Baker
Greg McCrae
Tutu Atwell

Man.. some of those names bring me back. But a large % of them never would have qualified at Miami.

Advertisement
We've totally whiffed on a bunch of dudes over the years but some of these guys weren't on anybody's radar when they were being recruited. I mean it's not like Flowers and Jackson turned down LSU to go to USF and Louisville, respectively. Antonio Brown went to MAC school. So did Louis Delmas. Rakeem Kato went conference USA. Yes, these guys turned out to be good/great players but it's not like Miami was the only P5 school paying no interest. I really like Skai Moore at the time but was satisfied with Jermaine Grace who was pretty much an exact clone of Moore in terms of size and skill.

Perfect staff would’ve been imo
Oc/Qb coach Enos
Rb coach Thomas brown
Wr coach Ron Dugans
Te coach Todd Hartley
Ol coach Jeff stoutland
Def coach staff
Dc Manny Diaz
DL coach Jess Simpson
Lb coach Michael barrow
Db coach Mike Rumph
Specials I believe it was brenan carrol when al was here
HC honestly mark richt in a ceo type role would’ve been deadly with this staff
Cant argue many there. I'd be fine with feeley in his role & I'd put sarge as either rb coach or special teams coach. Far as dugans goes hed definitely do but his management of that room lacked alot for numerous reasons. Could do better.

Cant argue many there. I'd be fine with feeley in his role & I'd put sarge as either rb coach or special teams coach. Far as dugans goes hed definitely do but his management of that room lacked alot for numerous reasons. Could do better.
richt had is shot. he was a good man and very good coach who got burned out. we have what we have. Lets roll.

L
so who would you put at wr coach if not dugans?

Advertisement
DeAndre Baker or Devonta Freeman.

Also didn’t Shannon blow Amari Cooper’s recruitment too?

No I don’t believe so. Cooper was a 2012 recruit. I want to say RS showed him some love but he was hurt his sophomore year than started making noise his junior. I don’t Golden was ever a good recruiter or HC but I don’t even blame him for losing Amari. I don’t think Amari wanted to be here by the time he signed.

Pretty sure we offered him last week before signing day but at that point his feelings were already hurt. We shoulda recruited him the entire time.

I don’t think we recruited him. I think he was viewed as being too short for RS. I personally think he went to the right program. Kid did his thing at Purdue. Now he’s in the league after grinding on the practice squad for a couple years. We could of used him, but he made the right choice.

Advertisement
No it's not "your bad" he was committed to us under coach shannon, that the moron regime came in and want to Honor his offer, and basically told him they were looking in another direction, so you were real correct in naming him!

Yea I think they got hyped up to and started pushing for Jake Ruddock. They also took like 3 QBs that never played here.

We were late on lamarcus joyner. Quincy wilson too. Giovani bernard we missed. Janiris jenkins we were slow. Amari Cooper we were slow.

And if you go way back, marshall faulk!

No we were early on Lamarcus was just a FSU fan. He even said he didn’t care about UM until he spoke to RS then he started to think about it but he was FSU fan. I think we were saying Janoris was short too. He would have killed it here. We missed out on Giovanni. He went UNC!? Jenkins and Bernard RS definitely dropped the ball.

We whiffed on just about everyone from STA for about 6-7 years. I think Phillip Dorsett and then Anthony Moten broke the streak. Randy wanted nothing to do with any of their players.

Advertisement
Back