Recruit that Miami didn't offer that makes you scratch your head?

Advertisement
Kayvon Webster was a long time commit to UM, but he and, iirc, another such commit switched to USF at the last minute.
( https://www.canesinsight.com/news/2016-db-webster-likes-miami-and-uga.3871/ )

I'd also like to remind that Butch Davis refused to offer Roscoe Parrish and Frank Gore against Coker's lobbying. When Coker got the job, among his first acts was to offer both of them. ( https://www.canesinsight.com/news/a-look-back-at-the-class-of-2001.290/ )
I cannot critize butch for evals and wht he did or didnt do or why is urban legend at this point.

And i cannot credit coker with evals because he was consistently awful and lazy at it. Maybe he was a blind squirrel that day. More likely, soldinger was the person lobbying.

In High School David wasnt better than Spence. He was a late bloomer. He was good but had no grades and what yall expected us to sign 11 from the school?.
The only reaches from MNW was Jones and Thompkins....

I think Chad's thing is more so with the "fans"...and it spread to him not really caring much for us also us sucking as well. I mean he sent both of his kids to UF so he is essentially a Gator dad now...and he like other s.fla guys buy into that..."Sec, sec" spill.
As much as an *** he may be...he likely has 2 of his sons drafted in the nfl. We should of absolutely offered Quincy. I mean they offered like 3 bum *** cbs over him....Ryan Mayes for 1 who would of told u Quincy was better than him...himself.

The crazy part is alot of posters are still around on this board now who were leading the "coaches know more than board members" brigade back then...when it was literally me and like 3 other guys harping on what would eventually occur after not gettin quincy
That goes on under all coaches, all the time. It’s goin on now. It’s the same folks, too. Wash, rinse, repeat. Maybe Manny’s flawless, but the usual suspects wouldn’t know.

Perfect staff would’ve been imo
Oc/Qb coach Enos
Rb coach Thomas brown
Wr coach Ron Dugans
Te coach Todd Hartley
Ol coach Jeff stoutland
Def coach staff
Dc Manny Diaz
DL coach Jess Simpson
Lb coach Michael barrow
Db coach Mike Rumph
Specials I believe it was brenan carrol when al was here
HC honestly mark richt in a ceo type role would’ve been deadly with this staff
If there were a vomit emoticon, this post would deserve it.

WTF?

What
the

Advertisement
Asante Samuel Sr.

Skai Moore

Al Harris (this may have been an academic issue; it is so long ago I can't remember)

Brad Banks

Santonio Holmes

ANTONIO BRYANT is still the one that ****es me off the most
Was harris the kid who was commited but lost his spot over some incident involving laws and stuff?

If there were a vomit emoticon, this post would deserve it.

WTF?

What
the
If I had a choice between a first year head coach manny and our old coaches which are all ****** except richt who I’m not saying I loved but to act like he wasn’t a good coach your crazy

If I had a choice between a first year head coach manny and our old coaches which are all ****** except richt who I’m not saying I loved but to act like he wasn’t a good coach your crazy
Richt's failure is self evident and recent. He messed up so bad he quit. How anyone can pretend otherwise is shocking. I really cannot fathom anyone woth a functional brain supposing Richt could somehow be good if only he were a CEO. There is no reason to believe that is true, and in any case, he didnt want to be one. So it’s irrelevant.

Advertisement
Richt's failure is self evident and recent. He messed up so bad he quit. How anyone can pretend otherwise is shocking. I really cannot fathom anyone woth a functional brain supposing Richt could somehow be good if only he were a CEO. There is no reason to believe that is true, and in any case, he didnt want to be one. So it’s irrelevant.
9-4
10-3
One bad year out of 3 years at Miami doesn’t wipe away almost 20 years of good coaching. Hes the one who helped put together one of the most talented canes roster in 15 years. Yea he had his faults but spare me your self righteous bull****, like your opinions are fact. Its a discussion board and this was clearly a response to d if you don’t like my list put your own together or stfu

9-4
10-3
One bad year out of 3 years at Miami doesn’t wipe away almost 20 years of good coaching. Hes the one who helped put together one of the most talented canes roster in 15 years. Yea he had his faults but spare me your self righteous bull****, like your opinions are fact. Its a discussion board and this was clearly a response to d if you don’t like my list put your own together or stfu
You put out a post on a discussion board for commentary, and you got commentary. If you can’t handle it, don’t throw it out tjere like that mext time.

As for Richt, he authored a train wreck of an offense, a sagging, declining team and he flat out quit. You may fancy him capable of winning. He himself knew he wasn’t, which is why he walked away. Moreover, the ceo theory is bunk. He fancied himself an OC but failed at it at UGA and UM, and wasn’t some ceo type in the first place. We hired him because the ceo gig failed at UGA.

He won with Golden’s kids, as well, and had one good recruiting class out of three. The idea he is on some great coach list for UM would be funny if his mess weren’t so recent. As ot is, it’s just vomit.

You put out a post on a discussion board for commentary, and you got commentary. If you can’t handle it, don’t throw it out tjere like that mext time.

As for Richt, he authored a train wreck of an offense, a sagging, declining team and he flat out quit. You may fancy him capable of winning. He himself knew he wasn’t, which is why he walked away. Moreover, the ceo theory is bunk. He fancied himself an OC but failed at it at UGA and UM, and wasn’t some ceo type in the first place. We hired him because the ceo gig failed at UGA.

He won with Golden’s kids, as well, and had one good recruiting class out of three. The idea he is on some great coach list for UM would be funny if his mess weren’t so recent. As ot is, it’s just vomit.
So his 17 class was trash your crazy if you think that and that lets me know how biased you are right there. He failed at Georgia because they think they are a championship program and he didn’t deliver one of those meanwhile his replacement hasn’t either so. My post is up for discussion you haven’t said a thing about who you would choose out of the 4 but claiming my takes asinine. When none of them are some great choice but out of the four with that staff and his experience that I picked out without a doubt he’s the most capable of stringing together winning football from past history. The jury’s only still out on manny the rest can’t get a hc job anywhere richt could still get a job as a hc today. He quit because he put himself in a bad position with nepotism and couldn’t fire his son, but wouldn’t hold his alma mater over the coals. He walked away without a fuss so we can try to build on what he left behind. Imo which is a great foundation for a acc championship team with proper coaching. I respect that you have your own opinion and I have mine but I’ll trust my eyes and knowledge of football any day before I listen to someone who clearly can’t even acknowledge the mans accomplishment but only find solitude in bringing up his failures. Also I’m not a richt fan or apologist I’m a realist he was a very good coach and solid program builder but he couldn’t get over the hump and was a bad playcaller at Miami

Cant remember his name...a few years back maybe the same year we got Redwine.
CB that ended up going to South Carolina. We struck out on most of the CB targets that year and AG didn't recruit him until signing week.
I remember the board going crazy because we didn't recruit him.

Advertisement
Was harris the kid who was commited but lost his spot over some incident involving laws and stuff?
Don't remember. He played for the Packers for a long time. I don't recall him being pursued by us or any of the Florida schools.

Advertisement
So his 17 class was trash your crazy if you think that and that lets me know how biased you are right there. He failed at Georgia because they think they are a championship program and he didn’t deliver one of those meanwhile his replacement hasn’t either so. My post is up for discussion you haven’t said a thing about who you would choose out of the 4 but claiming my takes asinine. When none of them are some great choice but out of the four with that staff and his experience that I picked out without a doubt he’s the most capable of stringing together winning football from past history. The jury’s only still out on manny the rest can’t get a hc job anywhere richt could still get a job as a hc today. He quit because he put himself in a bad position with nepotism and couldn’t fire his son, but wouldn’t hold his alma mater over the coals. He walked away without a fuss so we can try to build on what he left behind. Imo which is a great foundation for a acc championship team with proper coaching. I respect that you have your own opinion and I have mine but I’ll trust my eyes and knowledge of football any day before I listen to someone who clearly can’t even acknowledge the mans accomplishment but only find solitude in bringing up his failures. Also I’m not a richt fan or apologist I’m a realist he was a very good coach and solid program builder but he couldn’t get over the hump and was a bad playcaller at Miami
He failed. He was supposed to be an offensive mind, innovative coordinator, and he ran the worst offense we’ve ever seen. He was supposed to be this legendary qb whisperer, and he spent his last two seasons working with golden’s plan b back-up, because he couldn’t recruit anyone better or get them ready, and the guy he worked with was awful and definitely did not progress.

Richt was stubborn and refused to make changes. He was a lazy recruiter who refused to even fill the roster. He didnt care about winning. It was about him and his ego. His way. His son. Heck, he left his son in a job he was clearly unqualified for, at the expense of the team. That right there is awful.

As for his ‘17 class, you have low standards if you’re praising it. It was okay. We have two real UM quality players, a few others who may get there, and a few more contributors. Not awful, but certainly not what it takes to get back to where we want to be. Here’s what it gave us:

- standouts: garvin (kul found him, not richt); bandy (rumph)
- solid contributors with upside: dallas, donaldson, thomas, gaynor, ford
- we’ll see: steed, perry, burns
- depth: Harley, dean, herbert, d. Smith, jennings, carter, njoku, hillery, polendey, wilder
- paging al golden: weldon, feagles, DJJ, dykstra

Last edited:
Antonio Bryant
Chad Ochocinco
Lavonte David
Louis Delmas
Antonio Brown
Rakeem Cato
Devonta Freeman
Kayvon Webster
Demetrice Morley
Xavier Rhodes
Lamar Jackson
Deandre Baker
Greg McCrae
Tutu Atwell

Brown had issues when he was coming out. Grades if I remember correctly.

Advertisement
Back