Record if TVD was the Starter All Year?

Advertisement
This is not a king bash... he was injured playing Bama.

TVD is the goods.. Watch his feet. He is a very good QB as I can see. Quick release, can run for a 3rd down, strong arm and seems acurate.

Miami was 1-2 when Van Dyke took over.

Canes still lose to Bama, beat App State a little more convincingly and lose to Michigan State—as the 30 missed tackles and crap defense was the killer there.

In short, same record.

Advertisement
If he doesn't suck with those bad first halves vs VA and UNC because of a lack of inexperience, confidence, whatever, we could be 5-2. Despite the crappy defense.

Wins are not a QB stat post his performance numbers in those 7
1-7 if you count Michigan State. ;) 1-8 if you consider Oklahoma State was ranked after beating us in the bowl. Need I go on? He is not built for big time college ball. Listen, I like the guy, but he is not a P5 QB.

As for stats, I will stick with what I said before last season. If he doesn't break Rosier's record for TDs, which is putrid considering the way football is played now, then he wouldn't live up to the hype. He didn't come close.

Now if you wish to cherry pick some stats and try to make it look like someone else's fault we lost those games, go for it. Our O looked like dog crap in most of those losses and you know it. I don't care what his stats were when we are down 28 and a D doesn't give two poops about him completing 80% of his 5 yard throws.

Last edited:
Most of our losses this year were on the Defense...

So the QB has actually been inconsequential this season.

I would even argue that Kosi Perry would’ve played well in a few games this year too, but it wouldn’t have mattered when our Defense is paper mache thin trying to stop rolling rocks coming downhill.

Not to mention the Head Coach is still Manuel Diaz, no QB could overcome his ineptitude.

Advertisement
So he is experienced now? Lmao
More than he was. Remember, he did well in the second half of those two losses. It was the first half he sucked. Whether it was Lashlee or him. We scored on the first drive vs NC State, he's getting used to this

1-7 if you count Michigan State. ;) 1-8 if you consider Oklahoma State was ranked after beating us in the bowl. Need I go on? He is not built for big time college ball. Listen, I like the guy, but he is not a P5 QB.

As for stats, I will stick with what I said before last season. If he doesn't break Rosier's record for TDs, which is putrid considering the way football is played now, then he wouldn't live up to the hype. He didn't come close.

Now if you wish to cherry pick some stats and try to make it look like someone else's fault we lost those games, go for it. Our O looked like dog crap in most of those losses and you know it. I don't care what his stats were when we are down 28 and a D doesn't give two poops about him completing 80% of his 5 yard throws.
The O has looked like crap for years vs ranked opponents. The o-line usually gets smashed in those games and wrs can’t get open. But let’s blame king for that

More than he was. Remember, he did well in the second half of those two losses. It was the first half he sucked. Whether it was Lashlee or him. We scored on the first drive vs NC State, he's getting used to this
We will see what he does vs that pitt pass rush

Advertisement
Nothing against TVD's realllll nice performance on Saturday but if we're playing hypotheticals then what's our record and the prevailing mood if Devin Carter doesn't have absolute stone hands against us too? That dude lost that game more for them than TVD won it for us.

We will see what he does vs that pitt pass rush
Sure, but he was facing suspect defenses in UNC and VA. He's gained a lot of confidence after those two games, he might have been able to pull them into wins. Even so, VA had a miracle TD play and missed FG to win, UNC was on our defense for not tackling Howell. We outscored them in the second half and had a fluky int at the end.

Nothing against TVD's realllll nice performance on Saturday but if we're playing hypotheticals then what's our record and the prevailing mood if Devin Carter doesn't have absolute stone hands against us too? That dude lost that game more for them than TVD won it for us.
Then let us get Pope's drops back, or Wiggins'.

Advertisement

TVD is the goods.. Watch his feet. He is a very good QB as I can see. Quick release, can run for a 3rd down, strong arm and seems acurate.
Not sure but the ol was horrible early on. last couple games they have come around a bit

Not only what you said but under pressure he was really good this game. That first pass to Harley, deep balls down the middle & first passing TD to Rambo where insane.

Advertisement
Back