Record if TVD was the Starter All Year?

The O has looked like crap for years vs ranked opponents. The o-line usually gets smashed in those games and wrs can’t get open. But let’s blame king for that
Oh he isn't the only one to blame, no doubt about it. However, when a D knows good and **** well you can't push the ball down the field, it sort of limits your entire O. Good teams feast on an O that they don't fear deep.

Advertisement
Miami was 1-2 when Van Dyke took over.

Canes still lose to Bama, beat App State a little more convincingly and lose to Michigan State—as the 30 missed tackles and crap defense was the killer there.

In short, same record.
The 4 turnovers by the QB and dropped TD pass by the TE didn’t help MSU???

I'm going to go out on a limb and say 5-2, with 6-1 upside. The Hurricanes are averaging nearly 35 points per game with TVD. The offense is simply more explosive with him in the passing game; with King we seemed to have too many handoffs to the running back.

Alabama was going to punish Miami, and we could have had prime RGIII or Vince Young back there and we still would have lost.

Michigan State proved a lot to handle, but Miami was within a TD in the 4th quarter before it fell apart at the end. Not certain if TVD makes the difference.

Virginia was almost won by TVD making his first start against a FBS opponent. It's reasonable to think that if TVD was making his fourth FBS overall start versus his first, it's a win.

UNC was TVD's second FBS start and he did a lot better. What if it was his fifth FBS start? Again, reasonable to think that a 3 point loss becomes a 4-10 point win.

A TVD who is starting his sixth FCS game against NC State might perform even better.

Of course, the counter to this is that this gives our opponents more time to scout TVD.

Advertisement
1-7 if you count Michigan State. ;) 1-8 if you consider Oklahoma State was ranked after beating us in the bowl. Need I go on? He is not built for big time college ball. Listen, I like the guy, but he is not a P5 QB.

As for stats, I will stick with what I said before last season. If he doesn't break Rosier's record for TDs, which is putrid considering the way football is played now, then he wouldn't live up to the hype. He didn't come close.

Now if you wish to cherry pick some stats and try to make it look like someone else's fault we lost those games, go for it. Our O looked like dog crap in most of those losses and you know it. I don't care what his stats were when we are down 28 and a D doesn't give two poops about him completing 80% of his 5 yard throws.
Got it. For the record it’s just as easy to pull stats at the point in the game where it was still considered competitive but I feel you

Advertisement
This is not a king bash... he was injured playing Bama.

TVD is the goods.. Watch his feet. He is a very good QB as I can see. Quick release, can run for a 3rd down, strong arm and seems acurate.
3-4; Manure and co. still screws it up

Most of our losses this year were on the Defense...

So the QB has actually been inconsequential this season.

I would even argue that Kosi Perry would’ve played well in a few games this year too, but it wouldn’t have mattered when our Defense is paper mache thin trying to stop rolling rocks coming downhill.

Not to mention the Head Coach is still Manuel Diaz, no QB could overcome his ineptitude.
Disagree here. Most of our losses were on the Offense.

Bama - Clemsonesque 3 and outs
MSU - offense turned it over four times, which turned an even game into a rout.
UVA - Did nothing in the first half against a miserable D. The game turned when the offense turned.
UNC - Same

Doesn‘t matter. He wasn’t.

At least this thread is a change of topics from the usual chatter about Diaz and James.

Id say Big **** Van Dyke would maybe have made a difference in the UVA game. UNC we still scored 35, which should typically be enough to win most games. Even if TVD has one more game worth of experience it still is an L. So best case 4-3, but most likely the exact same record.

Advertisement
At least this thread is a change of topics from the usual chatter about Diaz and James.

Id say Big **** Van Dyke would maybe have made a difference in the UVA game. UNC we still scored 35, which should typically be enough to win most games. Even if TVD has one more game worth of experience it still is an L. So best case 4-3, but most likely the exact same record.
With the actual DVD, if we kick the FG there, we're in OT. DVD just had to improve one throws worth. I mean, he had three picks and we still were right there.

Same record. Issues run much deeper than one QB..
Possibly on same record. Defense is still the worst since 2012.

But a much more prolific offense increases the likelyhood of a flip in the UNC and Virginia games. Yes, he started both in reality. But what if he entered Virginia starting his fifth game, and UNC his sixth game?

This is not a king bash... he was injured playing Bama.

TVD is the goods.. Watch his feet. He is a very good QB as I can see. Quick release, can run for a 3rd down, strong arm and seems acurate.
With j williams and kitchens starting, no suspension for tae Williams or rooster and starting arroyo and LT...

Prob same. Coaching is still terrible, st outside kicking/punting is a F

Advertisement
Oh he isn't the only one to blame, no doubt about it. However, when a D knows good and **** well you can't push the ball down the field, it sort of limits your entire O. Good teams feast on an O that they don't fear deep.
He threw the ball downfield a lot vs clemson

He threw the ball downfield a lot vs clemson

Which is why he is hesitant to do it.

We been wasting drives throwing deep incompletions for years. He had no confidence in the receivers.

This year the injuries and soft coverage made him hesitant to chuck it deep. Teams play us way off including Bama. If your receiver isn’t even or past the db at the time to release, you don’t throw it. Our receivers were hardly ever at least even for an on time deep throw.

Combined with how horrifically awful the line was it disrupted King’s poise and timing. The contention about his height is wayyyy overblown.

Van Dyke has gotten MUCH better protection and Lashlee is calling a better short passing game. Since we are actually using the stop route consistently, teams are bringing their corners up more and opening more downfield opportunities.

It’s crazy. Van Dyke finally has a good game and people want to act like he is only his best plays. Then they want to reduce King to his worst plays. The ironic thing is, King had a way better game against this same team at their house last year. He had better games against unc and Virginia too. But CIS gonna CIS.

Which is why he is hesitant to do it.

We been wasting drives throwing deep incompletions for years. He had no confidence in the receivers.

This year the injuries and soft coverage made him hesitant to chuck it deep. Teams play us way off including Bama. If your receiver isn’t even or past the db at the time to release, you don’t throw it. Our receivers were hardly ever at least even for an on time deep throw.

Combined with how horrifically awful the line was it disrupted King’s poise and timing. The contention about his height is wayyyy overblown.

Van Dyke has gotten MUCH better protection and Lashlee is calling a better short passing game. Since we are actually using the stop route consistently, teams are bringing their corners up more and opening more downfield opportunities.

It’s crazy. Van Dyke finally has a good game and people want to act like he is only his best plays. Then they want to reduce King to his worst plays. The ironic thing is, King had a way better game against this same team at their house last year. He had better games against unc and Virginia too. But CIS gonna CIS.
Every **** thing you said sir

Advertisement
Back