Record if TVD was the Starter All Year?

Advertisement
you kidding? king is not good. thats why are offensive looks with TVD like it did with Kosi against Ok state.
You know king numbers were better vs ncstate last year right? His numbers were better than Perry vs okst too before he got hurt. King isn’t good? He had the team 8-1 last year going into the last game vs unc. Garbage players don’t have a 50td season under their belt.

Advertisement
I will say we probably still would have lost to Bama Michigan State and beaten App State. With the added game experience and less rust, we likely win one out of UVA and UNC (if not both) so maybe we're 5-2 or 4-3 instead of 3-4

Advertisement
His passer rating for his first 2 starts was 121.9 and 87.7.

Just for reference, of qualified passers nationally, of which there are 100, a rating for the season of 121.9 would rank you 91st out of 100.

And the UNC game was much worse than that.

Now, the NC State game was the highest rating we've had since King's game against NC State last year. 198.5 was his rating on Saturday. That number would rank you #2 nationally, between Grayson McCall at Coastal (who has an absurd 227.2 rating) and CJ Stroud at Ohio State. So, Saturday was brilliant. But his first 2 starts overall were not very good (had flashes in the 2nd half but football is a 60 minute game).

Bottom line, pump the brakes on this hypothetical. He's got a long way to go.

His passer rating for his first 2 starts was 121.9 and 87.7.

Just for reference, of qualified passers nationally, of which there are 100, a rating for the season of 121.9 would rank you 91st out of 100.

And the UNC game was much worse than that.

Now, the NC State game was the highest rating we've had since King's game against NC State last year. 198.5 was his rating on Saturday. That number would rank you #2 nationally, between Grayson McCall at Coastal (who has an absurd 227.2 rating) and CJ Stroud at Ohio State. So, Saturday was brilliant. But his first 2 starts overall were not very good (had flashes in the 2nd half but football is a 60 minute game).

Bottom line, pump the brakes on this hypothetical. He's got a long way to go.
I mean, the guy was making his first two collegiate starts in those games and we still could have/should have won at least one of the two

I mean, the guy was making his first two collegiate starts in those games and we still could have/should have won at least one of the two

I wasn't saying he sucks because of it or he won't turn out to be a good player. I guess you could make the argument that him getting his feet wet vs Bama and App State would have him playing better by the time the MSU, UNC, and UVA games came around. I'm just saying he's played 3 games, and he's played well enough to win in one of them (albeit VERY well). We didn't deserve to win the UVA game or the UNC game with how we played offensively in the first half. So really my point is he's played one good game. It was the last one, so we're all hopeful he's turned a corner and his performances the rest of the year will be a lot more like NCSU and a lot less like the first 2. If he goes up and beats Pitt and plays close to as well as he did last week, then maybe we can start to have discussions about the what if's. But I'd like to see him repeat that performance again a time or two before we start thinking that the only thing holding him back from being an elite player was early experience.

Advertisement
You know king numbers were better vs ncstate last year right? His numbers were better than Perry vs okst too before he got hurt. King isn’t good? He had the team 8-1 last year going into the last game vs unc. Garbage players don’t have a 50td season under their belt.
it's not about some analytics nonsense. the offense opens up when he's not on the field. Former players will tell you that too. He's a good kid but he's not a great QB. he doesnt have a good feel for the game.

This is not a king bash... he was injured playing Bama.

TVD is the goods.. Watch his feet. He is a very good QB as I can see. Quick release, can run for a 3rd down, strong arm and seems acurate.
He was great last Saturday..but the first half’s of UVA and UNC did happen..Bama would’ve had a field day with the way the oline was playing..I think this Kid will get better and more confident the more success he has. Let’s pump the breaks a little bit. Big Hats off to Lashlee for having this kid ready

Can we stop with crowing the quarterback until he finishes the season and as soon he stinks the joint up yall gonna go back to bashing the kid so let him finish the season first and then Crown him after that.. I'm still not sold like a lot you koolaid drinkers lol..

Advertisement
5-2. TVD is the truth. Took him some time to adjust to the speed of the game. I saw it in the second half vs UNC he has really good footwork. Just gotta let the kid sling it

Advertisement
Back