Reason why we didnt get Seider

"I'll come to Miami, but first I have a list of demands..."
*unravels a 10ft long scroll*

ED5FB322-8885-49DF-B11D-FA6EE05B4839.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Thank you. Who cares what this buffoon says.
Yea like it's the running back position like its really hard to recruit running backs in South Florida like really we have like 5 backs on our roster that were either 4 or 5star coming out of high school with a loaded 2020 class next year like how can we survive without Seider

I do agree that Cooney should have been added to the staff.

I dont know much about Hickson but Seider would have added a National recruiter to the staff.
Yes Rock star caliber but how do you fit him in Diaz loves Simpson and he is AHC , don't want to lose him , we need Cooney big time and he has been very valuable........would love to have him pay him 800k as a RB coach ..........i don't know.........my best would be to have him come in and work under Enos and learn what it takes to be an OC.........some coaches just can't coordinate they are just simply position coaches .......some coordinators can just be that and cannot be Head Coaches.......this came down to fit..........from what i hear and read the guy he hired is really tied into South Florida......

Seider interest was real, very real but he also wanted some things

He wanted to be either QB coach or RB coach
He wanted to be the recruiting coordinator
He wanted to be paid as the highest RC in the state
He also wanted his son to have a spot as a walk-on on the team.

Also Penn State gave him a huge raise and by judging the hires, Miami didnt have the extra money to match because they upped the budget to get Enos. His wife hates it in Happy Valley but the money he is getting paid now will keep her happy.

Its unfortunate but it is what it is.
Meh, we won't know if it was unfortunate for many months

Roll the dice again.

I am not arguing what you say but i will say $$$$$$$ is no longer an issue fitting him and moving Cooney was the main issue........$$$$$$$$$ is not the issue .........
Probably should have moved Cooney to Wr coach and got Seider in as RB coach and RC. Him, Cooney, Field, our on field results smh. We would own CFB sooner than later. Especially with a real QB coach and OC.

Advertisement
Everyone wants a Cadillac, now we have VW.

Lesson here: let’s be thankful that we have a car. Do you realize how many people do not have a car!!!

Seider interest was very real and close to happening. I'm not sure about all of what the OP said but the continual call out of people with connections and insights is really annoying.
Well said, man. The daily ****ing contest around here about who has legit sources and who doesn't is tired as ****.

Interesting....

UGA published Hartley's salary on their 247 board. He is getting $300k as TE coach. It goes up 33% as of June 2020 to $400k. He is charged to expand their recruiting in Florida.....

( someone posted that he took a cut in pay because we were paying $500k. No idea how he knows that or if it's even accurate.)
That would be a lot of money for essentially a junior-level coach (TW/ST, not even RC)

Advertisement
Well said, man. The daily ****ing contest around here about who has legit sources and who doesn't is tired as ****.
I used to, but now I have to rely on some Old Testament prophets. They are always accurate but deadly slow. Get what you pay for, I guess.

Kind of a bummer but I like Hickson and think he can be a really good recruiter Down here. Plus I don’t think they could have taken the recruiting coordinator away from Cooney since they just gave him the promotion to it. I dont think manny wants to get the rep as an Indian giver. And for all you SJW idiots out there “Indian giver” is just a figure of speech and nothing more. Smh
Yes. Cannot be derogatory about Native Americans. Even if there's no such thing as an Indian Fire Drill.

Advertisement
Considering that Cooney has been on staff for 2 years now and has been recruiting hard for us. he deserves a shot for an on field position.

what does off the field recruiting have to do with being a great teacher and instructor in football? how do you know that he'd be a great on the field coach? those are two different skill sets.

what does off the field recruiting have to do with being a great teacher and instructor in football? how do you know that he'd be a great on the field coach? those are two different skill sets.

A school like Marshall would pick him up as an on field WR coach.

**** we did it with Dallas Baker. He is killing it for us.

But if he isn't good enough to find a scholly somewhere, doesn't it make sense for the kid to take advantage of a nice free Penn State University education (provided that it is true that an employee's child goes for free)? That is a much better career decision than going to some podunk chit-u just to be able to play football and get away from Daddy. Perhaps you just meant walking on with Daddy around is a bit precious, which i agree with. I just was wondering, the kid would have to be some type of financial cretin to not take advantage of Daddy's position with the university - a really good university as well - if it does actually allow him to go free, which I am not sure it does but I have seen these types of policies before at colleges. If my father was a football coach at Cornell instead of a fishermen in the Keys I would have glady followed Daddy there for a free education, instead of having to strip and having my lower-buttocks being repeatedly turned-out on Brickell just to afford my Econ credits.

Hahaha! I salute your "do whatever it takes" attitude to get those econ credits!

I'm in general agreement with you. I guess I was just looking at it as Seider demanding that his son be able to follow him to Miami as if Penn State was going to kick him off the team if his dad left. In that situation, I probably just stay a walk-on in Pedo Valley without having to see my parents everyday. But you're right in that if the kid wasn't going to be able to sniff even being around a big time program and he loves football then I absolutely don't fault him for going to Pedo State initially and getting a free education too.

Probably should have moved Cooney to Wr coach and got Seider in as RB coach and RC. Him, Cooney, Field, our on field results smh. We would own CFB sooner than later. Especially with a real QB coach and OC.
Something like that .....Yes .......we should have asked him how could it work best for him and see if we could then do it........but i agree i would have loved to have him.......

Advertisement
Back