Reason why we didnt get Seider

Seider interest was real, very real but he also wanted some things

He wanted to be either QB coach or RB coach
He wanted to be the recruiting coordinator
He wanted to be paid as the highest RC in the state
He also wanted his son to have a spot as a walk-on on the team.

Also Penn State gave him a huge raise and by judging the hires, Miami didnt have the extra money to match because they upped the budget to get Enos. His wife hates it in Happy Valley but the money he is getting paid now will keep her happy.

Its unfortunate but it is what it is.

I call BS.

He turned us down as Manny banned snow cone machines in the IPF, saying, "ain't no one got time for snow cones!"

Advertisement
everyone is saying that hickson has connections nationally. well find out soon enough. also, Cooney has done what to deserve to be pout on the staff? he was an OC in HS and a flag football HC. he did get a promotion this year when manny was hired as HC.

What has Taylor Stubblefield done but fail as a WR coach everywhere he has been?

If what OP listed is all true then all sounds perfectly reasonable to me. We obviously wanted him as RB coach and we wanted him for his recruiting abilities as well. There is always room on the scout team so that was covered. Unless Manny was worried about the guy landing us on probation or wasn’t having it with demands of any sort then I see no reason as to why he wasn’t hired. I’m wondering the same about Trooper Taylor.

Advertisement
everyone is saying that hickson has connections nationally. well find out soon enough. also, Cooney has done what to deserve to be pout on the staff? he was an OC in HS and a flag football HC. he did get a promotion this year when manny was hired as HC.
Well eventually we will lose him. He does have career aspirations and wont remain stagnant in the position he is in for much longer. And he assisted with wideouts last season behind the scenes he is doing some personal development to improve as a coach.

Advertisement
Well eventually we will lose him. He does have career aspirations and wont remain stagnant in the position he is in for much longer. And he assisted with wideouts last season behind the scenes he is doing some personal development to improve as a coach.

i agree that eventually he should be the hire but if no one is offering an on field spot for him yet (i do think the future plan is for cooney to eventually take over that WR spot), why should miami be the first to do so? i like cooney, overall, but i thought it would've been really knee jerk (similar to richt promoting banda and patke Co DCs to save the class).

Only a sissy would want to follow their daddy around as a walk-on. You can love your parents as much as anyone but I sure as **** wouldn't want them literally up my *** on-campus during my college years.

But if he isn't good enough to find a scholly somewhere, doesn't it make sense for the kid to take advantage of a nice free Penn State University education (provided that it is true that an employee's child goes for free)? That is a much better career decision than going to some podunk chit-u just to be able to play football and get away from Daddy. Perhaps you just meant walking on with Daddy around is a bit precious, which i agree with. I just was wondering, the kid would have to be some type of financial cretin to not take advantage of Daddy's position with the university - a really good university as well - if it does actually allow him to go free, which I am not sure it does but I have seen these types of policies before at colleges. If my father was a football coach at Cornell instead of a fishermen in the Keys I would have glady followed Daddy there for a free education, instead of having to strip and having my lower-buttocks being repeatedly turned-out on Brickell just to afford my Econ credits.

Initially yes it was for OC but was told Enos was the target #1 then he said how about RC/AHC but wanted to be the highest paid RC in the state.

Miami just didnt have the money

If you want to smell a rat, look for this excuse.

He doesn't have the job because there are people who we wanted to hire (and did) who don't want to work with him, plus, he wanted more money than he was worth, NOT, I repeat NOT because UM didn't have the money.

Your boy who texts with Seider is twisting things OR you're making it up, again. Let the public decide which but either case you are wrong.

PS, how we looking for Tee Martin?

Advertisement
I call BS.

He turned us down as Manny banned snow cone machines in the IPF, saying, "ain't no one got time for snow cones!"
turrible.png

Seider interest was real, very real but he also wanted some things

He wanted to be either QB coach or RB coach
He wanted to be the recruiting coordinator
He wanted to be paid as the highest RC in the state
He also wanted his son to have a spot as a walk-on on the team.

Also Penn State gave him a huge raise and by judging the hires, Miami didnt have the extra money to match because they upped the budget to get Enos. His wife hates it in Happy Valley but the money he is getting paid now will keep her happy.

Its unfortunate but it is what it is.

More money where you’re not happy.....

............or...........

...........even money where you want to be?

If you want to be a CANE, you’ll be a CANE.

Advertisement
Initially yes it was for OC but was told Enos was the target #1 then he said how about RC/AHC but wanted to be the highest paid RC in the state.

Miami just didnt have the money

No way seider was ever being considered for OC. Now if by considered you mean he told manny “I want the OC job”, then fine but I seriously doubt manny took him seriously. Seider is what he is - a recruiting position coach.

Advertisement
Back