Reason why we didnt get Seider

Advertisement
Seider interest was real, very real but he also wanted some things

He wanted to be either QB coach or RB coach
He wanted to be the recruiting coordinator
He wanted to be paid as the highest RC in the state
He also wanted his son to have a spot as a walk-on on the team.

Also Penn State gave him a huge raise and by judging the hires, Miami didnt have the extra money to match because they upped the budget to get Enos. His wife hates it in Happy Valley but the money he is getting paid now will keep her happy.

Its unfortunate but it is what it is.

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't we still need a recruiting coordinator? All of the other things on that list - I don't believe - should have been major stumbling blocks, which makes me believe it was something else that prevented him from working here since by all accounts, he really wanted to come here.

So now OP knows how much money Miami has. LOL. If Miami wanted to pay Seider they would have. What Seider did (if he was even contacted) was overplay his hand.

If a position coach goes too hard with demands he can turn a new HC off, and that’s especially true coming off the toxic staff situation we just put behind us.

Advertisement
So now OP knows how much money Miami has. LOL. If Miami wanted to pay Seider they would have. What Seider did (if he was even contacted) was overplay his hand.

If a position coach goes too hard with demands he can turn a new HC off, and that’s especially true coming off the toxic staff situation we just put behind us.
Precisely, he's a RB coach he was in no position to make demands or dictate terms.

Miami RB is a position that can essentially coach & recruit itself if we have a competent HC & putting a winning product out on the field. There's no secret sauce to crootin' RB's in South Fla, they literally grow on trees. You can close your eyes & throw a dart at a map of South Fla on the wall & accidentally find fast shifty RB's at just about every school in the Tri-county area lol

I believe he probably did reach out, because Coaching particularly in college football is a business where guys are almost always looking around for new opportunities & more money. Position coaches will sign a contract then have their agent continue to put feelers out see if they can get more somewhere else then wind up signing with a whole new team within 48 hours, that's just the business.

IMO he wanted Co-OC and a raise...He's happy with his son at PSU. His son has overcome a lot.

Advertisement
We are done bending over for potential hires that don't deserve it. Ron Brown didn't deserve to be co-oc, but sure as heck got paid like he did!

There is no way Miami didn’t have the money. They just didn’t think he was worth what he wanted. We’re probably around the same payroll right now that it was last year, and then you add the 1.5 they said they had for an OC. It’s bulls***

I dont think UM is at a point where we will see asst coaches making close to a mil/yr. Shoot we just got them to pony up for a real OC for the first time ever. Hopefully some wins (including a major bowl win) start changing minds and stops the cheap approach to winning football games

Advertisement
Sanders still coming?

1547847000272.gif

If true I would give him all of that. You don't need to be a technical guy to coach RBs. You either have that ability or you don't. Can't teach someone to have good vision.

Advertisement
Initially yes it was for OC but was told Enos was the target #1 then he said how about RC/AHC but wanted to be the highest paid RC in the state.

Miami just didnt have the money
I am not arguing what you say but i will say $$$$$$$ is no longer an issue fitting him and moving Cooney was the main issue........$$$$$$$$$ is not the issue .........

I do agree that Cooney should have been added to the staff.

I dont know much about Hickson but Seider would have added a National recruiter to the staff.

Dont believe you.gif

Seider interest was real, very real but he also wanted some things

He wanted to be either QB coach or RB coach
He wanted to be the recruiting coordinator
He wanted to be paid as the highest RC in the state
He also wanted his son to have a spot as a walk-on on the team.

Also Penn State gave him a huge raise and by judging the hires, Miami didnt have the extra money to match because they upped the budget to get Enos. His wife hates it in Happy Valley but the money he is getting paid now will keep her happy.

Its unfortunate but it is what it is.

I do agree that Cooney should have been added to the staff.

I dont know much about Hickson but Seider would have added a National recruiter to the staff.

everyone is saying that hickson has connections nationally. well find out soon enough. also, Cooney has done what to deserve to be pout on the staff? he was an OC in HS and a flag football HC. he did get a promotion this year when manny was hired as HC.

Advertisement
Back