Reason for Sony leaving....

According to multiple sources close to American Heritage head coach Mike Rumph, Sony had us as a frontrunner for a long time and was close to committing. However, Sony was constantly harassed by Miami fans on social media and in real life. According to the sources someone created several social media accounts posing as Sony, posting pro-miami content, and claiming he had committed to the U.

Real Shame.

Oh well we can not live in the past.

:neonu:

Lol at believing it.

Bottom line - shady shenanigans with sony. I'll let you do the math.

Advertisement
If Shannon were still here he'd be a Cane

That's probably true. But with Shannon we probably would have signed no cornerbacks.

Oh wait.

Valentine and Rudolph would be a Cane's also

too bad we didnt hire shannon in 06
He might have been able to get Sam Young, Pat Robinson, and Geno atkins

from 07-10, IM sure these players would have been canes had Shannon been here
Devine, Deonte thompson, Major Wright, B.Rolle, Easterling, Josh Bynes, Armando Allen, Paterick Peterson, Patcham, Sabino, Bryant, Liuget, Jenoris Jenkins, Mccray, Orsen Charles, Debose, Bostic, Geno Smith, Denarfd Robinson, X.Rhodes, Elam, Lamarcus Joyner, Lemenier, Nix, RIggs, Sticks, G.Benard, Mich Harris, Q.Dunbar

Had he been here are recruiting all of 2010 we would also have had

Yeah

He didn't want to play Wake Forest in front of 18,000 people. He's enamored with the big stage of the SEC and the gameday atmosphere at UGA.

Pretty sure that was when we lost him for good.

It's funny when people around here try to create conspiracies in regard to his recruitment. Kid said he was shutting it down after he committed to UGA, but we still got him to take an unofficial for the Wake game.

That may seem insignificant, but outside of his official to UGA, that was the only visit he took. Pretty sure he was the only kid in Dade and Broward that didn't head to Tallahassee to watch FSU kick our ***.

Point is, I always thought his interest was real and that was signified by the unofficial visit he took. But the atmosphere at the Wake game combined with the fact we made it a nail-biter probably sealed the deal.

The problem is our brand. Al Golden has dropped the ball big time. In every premier game he has coached at Um on national TV we have been crushed.

Hard to fault a recruit for having doubts.

And yet Mark Richt has seemingly reeled in top 5 and top 10 classes for 11-12 years at UGA, has a terrible record vs. his rival in UF, and only won 2 SEC Titles in 13 years with 1 BCS bowl win.

How is our record in that same time frame vs. Fsu? And how many Acc titles/bcs bowl wins do we have?

Record vs FSU: 7-7
BCS bowl wins: 2
ACC / Big East titles: 3
National Titles: 1

Last edited:
I mean....I have a hard time believing every fan base is as bad as Miami's....you mofos are unsupportive and evil....The fuggin "Mommy dearest" of fans.

Yall can tell recruits all day whats a bad reason for them picking other schools, but they are 18 and younger. What type decisions are you expecting ??

You're right, most fanbases are actually worse than Miami's. That's a fact as I live in the middle of Tennessee/UGA/Alabama fans in Chattanooga. They are 10X worse than Miami fans.

Advertisement
I mean....I have a hard time believing every fan base is as bad as Miami's....you mofos are unsupportive and evil....The fuggin "Mommy dearest" of fans.

Yall can tell recruits all day whats a bad reason for them picking other schools, but they are 18 and younger. What type decisions are you expecting ??

You're right, most fanbases are actually worse than Miami's. That's a fact as I live in the middle of Tennessee/UGA/Alabama fans in Chattanooga. They are 10X worse than Miami fans.

I laugh when people (mostly Canes fans themselves) say we have the worst fanbase in the country. They have no idea what's out there.

Watch the documentary on HBO "breaking the huddle", and tell me about those wonderful SEC fans.

James Coley and his family-like relationship with Yearby is why Sony isn't here. Was going to be hard to convince a kid he'd get a fair competition when the other RB in his class was basically under the OCs wing.

Watch the documentary on HBO "breaking the huddle", and tell me about those wonderful SEC fans.

James Coley and his family-like relationship with Yearby is why Sony isn't here. Was going to be hard to convince a kid he'd get a fair competition when the other RB in his class was basically under the OCs wing.

Advertisement
Lol. Talk about bull****.

Regardless of whether you believe it or not this isn't the first time that we have heard this. The fact of the matter is that there are "fans" stalking alot of these prospects on social media. I feel embarrassed for these adults reacting and badgering these kids with every post or tweet. I just don't understand the obsession with these prospects to the point of bashing or threatening them to try to convince them to play football for your team. Have a little perspective.

I dont do the twitter stuff but my point is it's bull**** because if true, how does he even know that it was really a miami fan? Plus, this nonsense isn't exclusive to miami. I'm an auburn grad and follow auburn(and others) extremely closely. That **** happens everywhere. Not saying it's right, but instead just saying fans from all teams are doing it. it's like breaking up with kim kardasian because she's a ho but then dating paris hilton.

I don't disagree that if a ridiculous reason to not attend a certain university. I just can't imagine having enough time on my hands to scour the pages of 16, 17, and 18 year old kids twitter feeds or facebook pages trying to get an inclination as to where they may or may not go to school to play football. I would hope that I would be able to find something more constructive to do with my time.

Cane1775, I hope that you didn't take my post to include you in the group of people that do partake in stalking these kids. My reply wasn't directed at anybody in particular.

Nah I figured it wasn't directed at me, but put in the "I don't do twitter" just in case. I try not to knock those that do twitter because here I am on a message board talking about teenagers that I don't even know, but yeah I gotta say that trying to actually interact with these kids on a personal level is definitely not my thing.

Lol. Talk about bull****.

Regardless of whether you believe it or not this isn't the first time that we have heard this. The fact of the matter is that there are "fans" stalking alot of these prospects on social media. I feel embarrassed for these adults reacting and badgering these kids with every post or tweet. I just don't understand the obsession with these prospects to the point of bashing or threatening them to try to convince them to play football for your team. Have a little perspective.

I dont do the twitter stuff but my point is it's bull**** because if true, how does he even know that it was really a miami fan? Plus, this nonsense isn't exclusive to miami. I'm an auburn grad and follow auburn(and others) extremely closely. That **** happens everywhere. Not saying it's right, but instead just saying fans from all teams are doing it. it's like breaking up with kim kardasian because she's a ho but then dating paris hilton.

I don't disagree that if a ridiculous reason to not attend a certain university. I just can't imagine having enough time on my hands to scour the pages of 16, 17, and 18 year old kids twitter feeds or facebook pages trying to get an inclination as to where they may or may not go to school to play football. I would hope that I would be able to find something more constructive to do with my time.

Cane1775, I hope that you didn't take my post to include you in the group of people that do partake in stalking these kids. My reply wasn't directed at anybody in particular.

Nah I figured it wasn't directed at me, but put in the "I don't do twitter" just in case. I try not to knock those that do twitter because here I am on a message board talking about teenagers that I don't even know, but yeah I gotta say that trying to actually interact with these kids on a personal level is definitely not my thing.

276.jpg

I hear ya on that!

The problem is our brand. Al Golden has dropped the ball big time. In every premier game he has coached at Um on national TV we have been crushed.

Hard to fault a recruit for having doubts.

And yet Mark Richt has seemingly reeled in top 5 and top 10 classes for 11-12 years at UGA, has a terrible record vs. his rival in UF, and only won 2 SEC Titles in 13 years with 1 BCS bowl win.

Mark Ritch may lose some games but at least they are close. On the other hand every prime time game UM has played in under Golden we have been crushed. Our brand is taking a hit because we don't perform when the entire nation is watching which includes recruits

Last edited:
Advertisement
i was talking about their program for last 30 years. i don't remember attacking richt

Advertisement

This is just laughable.

Advertisement
Back