Reason for Sony leaving....

Advertisement
I'm pretty sure that the OP's story is false and I'm sure this had nothing to do with the staff. It's likely that Sony felt it was in his best interest to just get away from Miami in general. The more and more I hear about some elite South Florida athletes having handlers down in South Florida, I can only imagine how many were trying to make a quick buck off of Sony. Either way, he's not a Cane and I've already moved on.

Why don't we sign up as other teams' fans and ***** with their recruits. Seems easy to do.

Advertisement
Who is this Soft shouldered Sony person U speak of? Is he on our commit list? Zero ***** given? ZERO!

Who is this Soft shouldered Sony person U speak of? Is he on our commit list? Zero ****s given? ZERO!

That's the spirit! Who needs a five star back that could step in immediately and provide some much needed depth. I'm much happier that we now have to rely heavily on both Duke and Yearby, with each coming off significant ankle injuries!

It is the same reason Bridgewater went to Louisville. Call it soft if you want but the pressure these kids face staying home goes away when they leave. Never understood why grown men feel a need to trash kids.

Advertisement
If you believe that's why he went to UGA then....

273.gif

Lol. Talk about bull****.

Regardless of whether you believe it or not this isn't the first time that we have heard this. The fact of the matter is that there are "fans" stalking alot of these prospects on social media. I feel embarrassed for these adults reacting and badgering these kids with every post or tweet. I just don't understand the obsession with these prospects to the point of bashing or threatening them to try to convince them to play football for your team. Have a little perspective.

I dont do the twitter stuff but my point is it's bull**** because if true, how does he even know that it was really a miami fan? Plus, this nonsense isn't exclusive to miami. I'm an auburn grad and follow auburn(and others) extremely closely. That **** happens everywhere. Not saying it's right, but instead just saying fans from all teams are doing it. it's like breaking up with kim kardasian because she's a ho but then dating paris hilton.

Advertisement
The problem is our brand. Al Golden has dropped the ball big time. In every premier game he has coached at Um on national TV we have been crushed.

Hard to fault a recruit for having doubts.

And yet Mark Richt has seemingly reeled in top 5 and top 10 classes for 11-12 years at UGA, has a terrible record vs. his rival in UF, and only won 2 SEC Titles in 13 years with 1 BCS bowl win.

How is our record in that same time frame vs. Fsu? And how many Acc titles/bcs bowl wins do we have?

I have heard it straight from players and parents mouth, that our fans are a concern.

Is that why Sony left? I dont know?

Do others leave because they like the $EC? Probably.

Have we effed up recruiting several players? Probably.

However, none of that excuses this fan base from their negative role in recruiting. Period.

Advertisement
I have heard it straight from players and parents mouth, that our fans are a concern.

Is that why Sony left? I dont know?

Do others leave because they like the $EC? Probably.

Have we effed up recruiting several players? Probably.

However, none of that excuses this fan base from their negative role in recruiting. Period.

I agree with this. Every fanbase can say the same though. What makes it tougher on us is that we don't show up to games either. At least at the majority of the other schools that we are recruiting against, they are putting 70k or more on average in the stands every week.

He didn't want to play Wake Forest in front of 18,000 people. He's enamored with the big stage of the SEC and the gameday atmosphere at UGA.

He didn't want to play Wake Forest in front of 18,000 people. He's enamored with the big stage of the SEC and the gameday atmosphere at UGA.

yeah. 6-0 and we could fill 25% of stadium. My friend coached Knowshown Moreno in HS. He was believed to be going to Florida but was blown away by georgia game day experience and facilities and when to gerogia knowing he would redshirt when florida promised he would play as true fresh. it happens

Sony, basically wants to be adored in a stadium full of rednecks a couple times a year at georgia, instead of playing in front of his own family down in miami.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back