Really good numbers article from the Herald

QUICK STUFF

A UM player said some of the veterans on the team don’t seem terribly interested or motivated to play this Independence Bowl game And that should be a big concern because Louisiana Tech should be highly motivated. That’s one reason why playing some of the hungry freshmen would seem to be a good idea.

The player said the offense struggled against the scout team defense during parts of practice last week - I wasn’t given an updat on this week - and Tate Martell’s performance remained erratic.”

Not surprised so many of these older dudes are leaving with Manny’s “blessing”. We’ve got to kick these dead beats off the team.
Keep blaming kids.... regime after regime.

Advertisement
This article paints a picture of an offense that runs a variety of different plays and personal, but don’t run any of them really well. These kids continually fail to pick up blocking assignments or run the correct route. It’s obvious Enos has laid a giant playbook on these players plate and I don’t think they are capable of executing a vast majority of these plays as a cohesive unit. If they arent out here half asking it, then they’re making mistakes.

Advertisement
Hate to tell you this but it'll be awhile maybe a long time before Miami fields a competitive team.my advice to Diaz and co is leave town now while you can.Need a hc who'll put his foot down get this team to play fundamental football instead of graba$$ in the weight/film room and practice field.

LaTexh is going to come ready to play. I’d imagine Skip Holtz will have a game plan with Baker in mind. We’ll get to see if Enos and his system is good enough to beat a defense Baker has been building the last few years.

Tate was a highly sought after transfer, bringing in another will do nothing as long as Enos is here running the offense he does.

Except Tate had only played once in a blowout game and Costello had a full season where he played well. You know Costello can handle P5 speed.

Advertisement
Do you think Enos telling recruits he will return is a big deal? Obviously he can’t them he’s getting fired but it’s not a good sign imo.

Do you think Enos telling recruits he will return is a big deal? Obviously he can’t them he’s getting fired but it’s not a good sign imo.

Good question. On one hand I would not be surprised if Manny already made a deal with Enos to let him go (and get a buyout) but Enos had to stay through the bowl to coach the O / call plays (literally no one else on the current O staff could do this if you fired Enos now) and to recruit through early signing day (cant afford to lose TVD after what a ****show our QB room is). Is it wrong for Enos to lie to recruits then? Yes and no. This is a business and things get messy. Recruits (im guessing mainly TVD) would likely be ****ed if they found out this was true though

It's also possible Enos is legit staying and Manny is stupider than we thought. Maybe scapegoats Barry/Stubbs instead and gives Enos a 2nd year. Not sure how Manny wouldnt realize he is hinging his entire career on Enos though and Enos has basically shown no ability to grow or prove himself...

Advertisement
Good question. On one hand I would not be surprised if Manny already made a deal with Enos to let him go (and get a buyout) but Enos had to stay through the bowl to coach the O / call plays (literally no one else on the current O staff could do this if you fired Enos now) and to recruit through early signing day (cant afford to lose TVD after what a ****show our QB room is). Is it wrong for Enos to lie to recruits then? Yes and no. This is a business and things get messy. Recruits (im guessing mainly TVD) would likely be ****ed if they found out this was true though

It's also possible Enos is legit staying and Manny is stupider than we thought. Maybe scapegoats Barry/Stubbs instead and gives Enos a 2nd year. Not sure how Manny wouldnt realize he is hinging his entire career on Enos though and Enos has basically shown no ability to grow or prove himself...
I’m leaning towards Enos leaving just off the fact that manny said in one of his interviews after the duke game that his main objective when he got the head coaching job was to fix the offense. I mean when he looks at the stats of this offense he has to tell that Enos is humongous problem. But who knows manny can go down with all the other stubborn coaches we’ve had.

But the mob wanted coach richt gone because he didnt run motion, and had his son as the qb coach, lol, GTFOH, as if that was some reason to complain. I kept telling people, coach richt knows what he is doing, all them ****'s celebrating when enos already was hired was comical to me, and when i said that ****'s resume comes nowhere near close to the resume coach richt has, people still tried to bash coach richt like he was garbage instead of realizing the coaching job he did as headcoach and oc his 2nd year with rosier as the starter was a **** of a coaching job. Now imagine this moron we got now being the oc with rosier. Had coach richt stayed, this offense would've been better and coach richt definitely knows how to get the ball out to the playmakers, he proved that in all 3 years he was here, Ahmon richards freshman all everything, and broke irvins UM record, njoku 1st round pick, herdon 3rd round, coley, berrios, jt4 consistently getting behind defenses, brevin jordan, freshman all everything.

This guy enos already is a fraud, just a good talker to those who cant see thru his bullshat, what he is, is a good qb coach that should never be trusted to call plays, how you gone be an oc(=obvious ****, whatever that means, i heard it said about somebody before, just felt appropriate) doesnt let his qb's audible, GTFOH! What this tell us is those who were calling for coach richt's head, STFU, and enjoy your new oc, you asked for em.

Arguing over **** cupcakes and **** lasagna..... Good job.

But the mob wanted coach richt gone because he didnt run motion, and had his son as the qb coach, lol, GTFOH, as if that was some reason to complain. I kept telling people, coach richt knows what he is doing, all them ****'s celebrating when enos already was hired was comical to me, and when i said that ****'s resume comes nowhere near close to the resume coach richt has, people still tried to bash coach richt like he was garbage instead of realizing the coaching job he did as headcoach and oc his 2nd year with rosier as the starter was a **** of a coaching job. Now imagine this moron we got now being the oc with rosier. Had coach richt stayed, this offense would've been better and coach richt definitely knows how to get the ball out to the playmakers, he proved that in all 3 years he was here, Ahmon richards freshman all everything, and broke irvins UM record, njoku 1st round pick, herdon 3rd round, coley, berrios, jt4 consistently getting behind defenses, brevin jordan, freshman all everything.

This guy enos already is a fraud, just a good talker to those who cant see thru his bullshat, what he is, is a good qb coach that should never be trusted to call plays, how you gone be an oc(=obvious ****, whatever that means, i heard it said about somebody before, just felt appropriate) doesnt let his qb's audible, GTFOH! What this tell us is those who were calling for coach richt's head, STFU, and enjoy your new oc, you asked for em.
Neither was or is good as an OC. Merry Christmas, Calvin!

Advertisement
I’m leaning towards Enos leaving just off the fact that manny said in one of his interviews after the duke game that his main objective when he got the head coaching job was to fix the offense. I mean when he looks at the stats of this offense he has to tell that Enos is humongous problem. But who knows manny can go down with all the other stubborn coaches we’ve had.

100% agree Manny obv knows the offense needs major changes. Question is does Enos scapegoat the offensive live, freshman QB, etc. and Manny buys it. I think Manny is much smarter than that but you never know...

“I would expect offensive changes but it’s not yet clear what they will be. Coordinator Dan Enos has told recruits he will return.”

Surprised anyone shocked by this.

Both Manny & Enos think they’re smarter than you. Funny how that Gould guy has said the same exact things most fans here have complained about. Gould must be an armchair coach too.

Advertisement
Back