Realistically, why does Cristobal need to be the HC?

Advertisement
We did offer him a good job as assistant head coach. He left after six weeks.

What has he done as a head coach?

Christobal might have...and I mean MIGHT HAVE been a better option than Shannon.

But thats about it. We dont need anymore projects. We need a winner, that wants to win right now.

If Miami really has 4 million to spend on a coach, why are we so eager for Mario?

Mario is 12 or more on my list. Butch is in the top five and would work for less. Really our problem is the defense. Fix the defense you fix the big problem.

You could probably put a good DC in and we'd win at least 9 games with Larry Scott. [emoji14]

Advertisement
Can somebody list the great recruits that Mario brought to UM. I remember Reggie Youngblood. Who are some of the others? Please don't bring up the boy wonder, a guy that no one wanted except Mario (that would be Demetri Stewart).

While we are at it, let's also list the great recruits that Mario brought to FIU, beside TY Hilton, who he didn't even want at FIU.

Alabama's Mario Cristobal earns clean sweep from recruiting services as national Recruiter of the Year | AL.com

Do you know how to read?

Holy crap, Mario was the national recruiter of the year at the biggest football program in college football for the last 5+ years!!

Now show me the great recruits he brought in at FIU not names TY Hilton who he didn't even want.

I think having him as Assistant HC/OL coach would be ideal under Butch. Butch's eye for talent, and Mario's recruiting and strong ties to So Fla HS scene would greatly benefit our recruiting. Lets face it, his best asset is as a recruiter. That's why Saban has him on staff.

He should not be HC, he should be brought in as Asst HC/OL coach under Butch to focus on recruiting.

Why can't Miami offer a good position to Cristobal but not the HC job? I don't see why everyone's HC or bust on the guy, you're saying he wouldn't love to come back and coach the U?

"you're saying he wouldn't love to come back and coach the U?"

Well....he didn't.
I don't care he left the Golden clown show after a month but he did.
So why would he go from being Alabamas OL coach to UM's OL coach??
The only other jobs that are a promotion are OC or HC and that would not work for us.

Advertisement
I think having him as Assistant HC/OL coach would be ideal under Butch. Butch's eye for talent, and Mario's recruiting and strong ties to So Fla HS scene would greatly benefit our recruiting. Lets face it, his best asset is as a recruiter. That's why Saban has him on staff.

He should not be HC, he should be brought in as Asst HC/OL coach under Butch to focus on recruiting.

That's all I was saying yet I was blasted for it..

Having a head coach whose greatest strength is recruiting/evaluating and an assistant HC (possible HC in waiting) whose greatest strength is also recruiting. Hey, why not keep Coley around too since he's another great recruiter? What could go wrong?

If only we could actually have a coaching staff.

Kansas hired TAM WR coach/Texas recruiting genius 2 years ago

Recruiter bro
Been around Sumlin bro

Advertisement

That's all I was saying yet I was blasted for it..

No you said coach in waiting. As in waiting to be HEAD COACH

I wonder if all these idiot fans that want Corchiball would be clamoring for him the same way if his name was Peter Smith.

Advertisement
Can somebody list the great recruits that Mario brought to UM. I remember Reggie Youngblood. Who are some of the others? Please don't bring up the boy wonder, a guy that no one wanted except Mario (that would be Demetri Stewart).

While we are at it, let's also list the great recruits that Mario brought to FIU, beside TY Hilton, who he didn't even want at FIU.

Alabama's Mario Cristobal earns clean sweep from recruiting services as national Recruiter of the Year | AL.com

Do you know how to read?

Holy crap, Mario was the national recruiter of the year at the biggest football program in college football for the last 5+ years!!

Now show me the great recruits he brought in at FIU not names TY Hilton who he didn't even want.
Clint Hurtt was national recruiter of the year and for a team that was pretty ****** at the time.

Lets hire him!

I can't see how Mario even has an argument..
If he was such a hot commodity why are other teams even lower tier teams taking a chance on him.
If he didn't have ties to UM does he get a look?

So every High School in South Florida is wrong that basically says Mario is the best recruiter in the Dade/Broward area? Can't we just be objective and see that Mario brings great value wherever he goes, regardless of whether you want him as HC? Saban does not hire idiots and Mario was a genius for leaving Golden where he would learn squadoosh for a chance to mentor under Saban.

Mario will get a job either here or some place making 2 mill a yr as a head coach. I understand the hesitancy making him HC, and he is not my top choice, but nevertheless is a good candidate.

So every High School in South Florida is wrong that basically says Mario is the best recruiter in the Dade/Broward area? Can't we just be objective and see that Mario brings great value wherever he goes, regardless of whether you want him as HC? Saban does not hire idiots and Mario was a genius for leaving Golden where he would learn squadoosh for a chance to mentor under Saban.

Mario will get a job either here or some place making 2 mill a yr as a head coach. I understand the hesitancy making him HC, and he is not my top choice, but nevertheless is a good candidate.

I guarantee you that there is no other school besides UM that thinks Mario should be a legitimate candidate as a Head Coach.

Advertisement
Back