Realistically, why does Cristobal need to be the HC?

Offer him same position that Golden offered:

OL Coach/Assistant Head Coach.

But do so under Butch.

Otherwise lets move on.

No. He doesn't deserve any position on the staff whatsoever you ****ing dolt. He sucks as an OL coach, as I'm sure you know from paying attention to Bama...

F*** off loser. Cristobal as OL Coach/Asst head coach is an upgrade than what we have now. Besides only under Butch would he even consider it. If no Butch, then I dont' want Mario.

Advertisement

But do so under Butch.

Otherwise lets move on.

No. He doesn't deserve any position on the staff whatsoever you ****ing dolt. He sucks as an OL coach, as I'm sure you know from paying attention to Bama...

F*** off loser. Cristobal as OL Coach/Asst head coach is an upgrade than what we have now. Besides only under Butch would he even consider it. If no Butch, then I dont' want Mario.
Thanks for admitting to CIS that you really don't pay attention to college football, much less what he has done at Bama.

OL Coach/ Special teams.

But do so under Butch.

Otherwise lets move on.

fixed it for you

But do so under Butch.

Otherwise lets move on.

This. And with the $ we save with Butch as HC (i.e., don't have to offer him $5MM+), we can afford to "overpay" him a bit to lure him back from 'Bama. He should not be the HC or even a coordinator, but it would be foolish not to have him on the staff.

Why? He is Bama's front man down here. Saban needed to replace the OL coach left over from Randy's staff, he only real good assistant, to handle delivering cash to So Fl. Bam! Suddenly dude is greatest recruiter in So Fl. HE is the reason Bama CONTINUES to get the players they want from down here. Either of us could be world class recruiter given So Fl as area and Bama as client and countless shady dudes running around with midsize brown bags full of money.

Advertisement
Mario is a terrible OL Coach - Bama fans would love for him get out of there because his unit full of 5 Star players is underachieving.

Jesus. Now we need Mario Cristobal to fix relationships with high schools.

Just when you think I think you couldn't get any dumber.

Ironic.

Throwing childish tantrums on here doesn't make your opinions any more valid. We get it. You dislike bringing back Mario in any capacity. Basically every single SoFla coach & football analyst disagree with you but sure.. if you say so.

Jesus. Now we need Mario Cristobal to fix relationships with high schools.

Just when you think I think you couldn't get any dumber.

Ironic.

Throwing childish tantrums on here doesn't make your opinions any more valid. We get it. You dislike bringing back Mario in any capacity. Basically every single SoFla coach & football analyst disagree with you but sure.. if you say so.

Yeah. If history has shown anything, it's that South Florida high school coaches are football savants.

Advertisement

But do so under Butch.

Otherwise lets move on.

This. And with the $ we save with Butch as HC (i.e., don't have to offer him $5MM+), we can afford to "overpay" him a bit to lure him back from 'Bama. He should not be the HC or even a coordinator, but it would be foolish not to have him on the staff.

Why would we consider overpaying him? Why even try to lure him back? The supposed value added in recruiting is negligible, and is not worth the tradeoff in poor coaching.

I suppose I would not be opposed to giving him a job as the TE coach - if we don't retain Scott - but don't overpay him, and sure as **** don't put him in charge of our OL.

Yeah. If history has shown anything, it's that South Florida high school coaches are football savants.

When you have to conveniently leave out the rest to make your stance sound better, odds are you're probably wrong.

No. I'm just not sure who or what a "south florida football analyst" is. Sounds like something you made up.

If you are referring to regular football analysts, such as the ESPN people, then your argument is really a bad one. The same guys who made every excuse in the world for Coker, Shannon, and Golden think Cristobal is a good choice. Wow, you really got me there.

Mario had his chance but he chose to leave. He didn't have the forethought to stay here be a good coach and take Goldens' job when he got fired. For that reason he should Neva hnic at the U.

Advertisement
Mario had his chance but he chose to leave. He didn't have the forethought to stay here be a good coach and take Goldens' job when he got fired. For that reason he should Neva hnic at the U.

Yeah, because if Saban offered you a job, you would refuse it to stay and work under Al Golden.

We don't need to hire anyone specifically for recruiting. Hire good coaches who don't suck at recruiting and we'll be fine. ****, al did a decent job of recruiting and what did he have to sell? His teams perpetually underperformed and he still got talented kids to choose Miami. Sure, he missed on a lot of kids but think about the product on the field. Given all those losses, I'd say al did a pretty good job of recruiting. Now if he had just been capable of seeing a mistake and fixing it...

Can somebody list the great recruits that Mario brought to UM. I remember Reggie Youngblood. Who are some of the others? Please don't bring up the boy wonder, a guy that no one wanted except Mario (that would be Demetri Stewart).

Advertisement
Can somebody list the great recruits that Mario brought to UM. I remember Reggie Youngblood. Who are some of the others? Please don't bring up the boy wonder, a guy that no one wanted except Mario (that would be Demetri Stewart).

While we are at it, let's also list the great recruits that Mario brought to FIU, beside TY Hilton, who he didn't even want at FIU.

While we are at it, let's also list the great recruits that Mario brought to FIU, beside TY Hilton, who he didn't even want at FIU.

Alabama's Mario Cristobal earns clean sweep from recruiting services as national Recruiter of the Year | AL.com

Alabama's Mario Cristobal earns clean sweep from recruiting services as national Recruiter of the Year | AL.com

Emphasis: The word Alabama

Change the word "Alabama" and to "FIU" and tell me if this can ever happen!

Advertisement
Back