Realistic season predictions and expectations. Warning: reasonable post

Advertisement
Miami Schedule
BOLD - HOME
(Opponent Previous week game)

8/24 - UF “Orlando” *when was the last time Miami beat a top-10 team while unranked?
8/31 - BYE
9/7 - @UNC (S Carolina). *2018 worst team in the coastal
9/14 - BCC (SE LA)
9/21 - CMU (Akron)
9/28 - BYE
10/5 - VT (Duke). *after bye week, at home, many of their best players transferred
10/11 - UVA (BYE) *Friday Night Game
10/19 - GT (Duke). *First year coach; personnel for new scheme?
10/26 - @Pitt (Syracuse). *Manny remembers 2017
11/2 - @FSU (Syracuse). *because …
11/9 - L’VILLE (BYE) *2018 worst team in ACC
11/16 - BYE
11/23 - @FIU “Miami” (BYE)
11/30 - @Duke (Wake)

- UVA and Louisville are the only teams with a BYE week before playing Miami. Both are Miami home games.
- Both Pitt and FSU play Syracuse the week before Miami.

Just beat UF and look at that three bye weeks. I completely forgot we play Louisville lol.

Win the Coastal and win the Orange Bowl is what I am expecting. Defense should be good. Special Teams hopefully will be better (can't be much worse), Offense should be a breath of fresh air.

The main thing that has me the most hyped up is that we seem to finally have an offensive staff that will make adjustments and tailor the offense to the talent, situation and opposing defensive schemes.

Also, we all know that Manny Diaz has done a good job the last few years at making adjustments at halftime. If the Offense can do the same then the sky is the limit.

1st year HC, coming off a terrible offensive season, another schedule that should be manageable, we need to win 9-10 games to consider the season a success.

Advertisement
I dont think you get how hard it is to go undefeated OP. And we dont really have top-5 or even top-10 talent. More than everyone but UF/FSU but still in the 15-20 range.

I think we'll be well-coached and get good QB play, but our depth is very thin at a lot of positions, so injuries will really hurt us.

I think we should go 10-2, but I'd set the realistic over/under at 9.5
We don’t need top 10 talent to run the coastal. This team should not lose more than one game based on its schedule and talent, even considering lack of depth in places. More than 2 is a disappointment.

Think we handle Pitt and Virginia. FSU is obviously always a dogfight no matter how bad they are. I could see Florida, FSU, and maybe Ga Tech as tough ones.
I think what made Tech a tricky game was they were running the option, IMHO. I'm holding the horses on the optimism until I see the Florida game, I drank the kool aid last year. The schedule is really easy though, we should be playing Clemson.

Advertisement
Our schedule this season is trash. We have no excuses not to win 11 games . I think we might drop the game to UF but beyond that game it is hard to see us lose again til Clemson in the ACCTG. If we were to lose a 2nd game it would be UVA IMO .

Miami Schedule
BOLD - HOME
(Opponent Previous week game)

8/24 - UF “Orlando” *when was the last time Miami beat a top-10 team while unranked?
8/31 - BYE
9/7 - @UNC (S Carolina). *2018 worst team in the coastal
9/14 - BCC (SE LA)
9/21 - CMU (Akron)
9/28 - BYE
10/5 - VT (Duke). *after bye week, at home, many of their best players transferred
10/11 - UVA (BYE) *Friday Night Game
10/19 - GT (Duke). *First year coach; personnel for new scheme?
10/26 - @Pitt (Syracuse). *Manny remembers 2017
11/2 - @FSU (Syracuse). *because …
11/9 - L’VILLE (BYE) *2018 worst team in ACC
11/16 - BYE
11/23 - @FIU “Miami” (BYE)
11/30 - @Duke (Wake)

- UVA and Louisville are the only teams with a BYE week before playing Miami. Both are Miami home games.
- Both Pitt and FSU play Syracuse the week before Miami.

Thanks for the breakdown mate. I’m still seeing an 11-2 season with one regular season loss (which we shouldn’t lose, call it a lack of focus game), and then to Clemson in the ACCCG. Which leads to a NY6 bowl game we finally win, setting up 2020 as a preseason Top 10 team.

Advertisement
Beat Florida and FSU and anything else is just gravy.
I use to think this and then we did beat FSU and lost to many others.

QB's that could not beat out Rosier. A transfer QB that can not beat out those 2 QB's. OL's are the same weak players from last year. Freshman are complete projects. Learning a new offense.

History over the past 15 years says that 9 wins is a big season. We are averaging 7.6 wins per season over the past 15 years. Diaz in a 3 year rebuilding mode. 9-3

2 losses one to UF and someone else is what I expect.

This is my thought process but I’m having trouble figuring out who the 2nd loss will be to.

I’d assume a letdown would be on the road so that limits it to FSU (who I can’t see beating us with Taggart), Pitt, Duke, and UNC.

This is my thought process but I’m having trouble figuring out who the 2nd loss will be to.

I’d assume a letdown would be on the road so that limits it to FSU (who I can’t see beating us with Taggart), Pitt, Duke, and UNC.
i know we win the coastal though but dont know who we will cough up that second loss too

Advertisement
We've had the Dnofrio offense the last 3 years and folks still do not appreciate what our defense did most of the season. I could care less about Wisconsin. We should be FINALLY be able to pin our eyes back and murder some of these teams because Manny is going to run up the score like Jimmy used too.

Anything less than 11-1 is an abject failure.

The only team we play that had fewer than 5 losses last year is UF. We leave the state 3 times and have I believe and do not quote me on this 3 bye-weeks. 11-1. We score 28 points a game last year and we're 11-1.

Think you're underestimating the lack of quality depth on the offensive line. Expectation that 11+ wins being an "abject" failure is just completely unrealistic.

The team has talent, but the ACC won't be as garbage as it was last year (I expect UNC, UVA, Ga. Tech and Louisville to all be better), but Manny has been tasked with a complete cultural change PLUS some glaring holes on the roster. Even if the schedule is not the toughest, this isn't as easy as you're making it out to be.

Best we can hope for with this Oline is a coastal championship and respectable showings in the bowl/conf champ game.

Advertisement
Back