Realistic season predictions and expectations. Warning: reasonable post

I already answered your question but apparently sarcasm goes over your head.

Where? If you're willing to die on the "abject failure" hill, be willing to back it up. If Manny goes 9-3 or 10-2 -- which, in your view, would be a disaster -- would you fire him or not?

LOL @ UVA being a toss up.

Virginia finished the season 8-5, lost 2 of their final 3 games by a combined 6 points, and smacked down South Carolina in their bowl game. Bronco Mendehall is a good coach, and they return quite a few starters.

Is it all that unreasonable to expect that game to be tough?

UVA he 92 passing yards.

92 passing yards.

Passing

Yards

And yet they still won. Your sole argument for us going 11-1 next season is that the offense will be improved; I'm saying it's not the magic wand you think it is. Is that all that difficult to understand?

You keep posting "horrible" offense as if this is not the case. Our offense was not horrible last year?

Yes, it was. But the defense didn't show up at BC (430 yards given up, 220 on the ground) and Wisconsin (400 yards, 300 total on the ground). That's two losses right there, regardless of how the offense plays.

The team also had losses when the offense played well (Duke). So your working theory is shaky at best.

Advertisement
Per Katzenboyer the 60th ranked offense wouldnt bring us to the 11 win threshold.

Interesting

The 76th ranked scoring offense last year had 28 points a game.

28 points a game would have put us at the 11 win threshold in 2018. Now before you get all riled up and see Miami with 28.8 points a game any RATIONAL PERSON would remove the Savannah State game which puts us at 23.5 points a game.

middle-tenn.svg
Middle Tenn.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/27/p2

Katz stop posting pal

You want to make excuses for mediocrity that is fine. Society always needs someone to fill that quota.

You acknowledge that certain games skew scoring stats by referring to the Savannah State game.

Then you post the 76th scoring offense, without referring to games that maaaaay have skewed those stats just a tad? Here, I'll help:

Middle Tennessee scored 61 points against a 2-9, FCS UT-Martin, 51 points against a 4-8 Old Dominion squad, and 48 points against a 1-11 UTEP squad. You remove those games and their highest point total of the season is 34 points.

See, stats are a funny thing. If Miami is the 75th ranked scoring offense next year, it doesn't mean they'll score 28 points each and every game (like you're arguing). They'll have point totals against crap opponents that'll skew the numbers, which is something you acknowledge in your own post, then fail to follow up on when trying to support your argument.

Nice try though!

You support mediocrity.

Diaz and I do not.

It is really that simple. Pointing to UVA as a toss up is absurd. You know it, I know it, the board knows it.

You want to die on the stats good for you. Our offense played "well" against Duke and managed 12 points. That is like saying Dnofrio's defense played well at any point in his career. Please stop.

To dumb down my answer to your question even further.

Taggart fully imploded FSU last year and did not get fired. Diaz going 10-3 will not and should not get him fired but it would be a disappointment knowing we lost games we should not lose.

Don Bailey Jr is alive and well in you.

Advertisement
Looking at our personnel early, I think this is a 10-2/11-1 regular season team. Our offensive line is too much of a liability for us to go undefeated or avoid dumb losses. Last year, had we not blown games against Duke and UVA, we'd have been 9-3 and coastal division champions. We can definitley reach that level and a bit more. QB play is going to be significantly better, and our offense won't be anemic or vanilla. No doubt, our hardest games are against UF and Virginia Tech, but the rest of the schedule is a joke. I really do think this is the year we put a beat down on FSU and get some payback against UVA and GT. FSU, in particular, is atrocious, and though we always play close, they've lost a lot of talent the past two years.

I think we get a minimum of 10 wins this season. I do see us loosing the Clemson in the ACC Championship game. I think we beat Florida and have at least 1-2 unexpected loss in the season (I hope I'm wrong about that though).

LOL... These CBS Experts ain't got nothing over you guys...

Dennis
Dodd

Jerry
Palm

Tom
Fornelli

Chip
Patterson

Barton
Simmons

Barrett
Sallee

Ben
Kercheval

Looking at our personnel early, I think this is a 10-2/11-1 regular season team. Our offensive line is too much of a liability for us to go undefeated or avoid dumb losses. Last year, had we not blown games against Duke and UVA, we'd have been 9-3 and coastal division champions. We can definitley reach that level and a bit more. QB play is going to be significantly better, and our offense won't be anemic or vanilla. No doubt, our hardest games are against UF and Virginia Tech, but the rest of the schedule is a joke. I really do think this is the year we put a beat down on FSU and get some payback against UVA and GT. FSU, in particular, is atrocious, and though we always play close, they've lost a lot of talent the past two years.

Virginia Tech imploded this offseason lest you forget.

Advertisement
Virginia Tech imploded this offseason lest you forget.
^^^
And UVA a coin flip? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The only actual good team on our schedule is UF. That will take a show out to win. Every single other game we should take as long as at least one side of the ball dominates and the other isn't shooting the team in the foot. This isn't rocket science people. It's not a promise either, it's an expectation given the facts of this team and its schedule. Anyone suggesting otherwise has grown conditioned and complacent with stupid af losses we wholly inflict on ourselves.

Edit: And lets not forget specials, which literally could not get any worse.

Don Bailey Jr has had too much influence on this fan base. Guy is a cancer for accountability.

I will never forget the day he talked down Dan Morgan saying he would support Randy Shannon until the day he died and USF proceeds to beat us and Shannon gets fired.

Comical

Some other seasons that were failures in the last 20 years because they lost a game or two to a team ranked lower during the year:

2017 Alabama that lost to a lower ranked Auburn.
2016 Clemson that lost to Pitt
2015 Alabama that lost to Ole Miss
2014 Ohio State that lost to VaTech
2012 Alabama that lost to TAMU
2008 Florida that lost to Ole Miss
2007 LSU that lost to Kentucky and Arkansas
2006 Florida that lost to Auburn
2003 USC that lost to Cal
2003 LSU that lost to Florida
2000 Miami that lost to Washington

August 24th is all that matters.

The rest of our schedule is utter trash.

Aug. 24 doesn't mean squat on the road to the ACC Champ game. Yes it would be nice to win it but not the end of the world if we don't.

Advertisement
Aug. 24 doesn't mean squat on the road to the ACC Champ game. Yes it would be nice to win it but not the end of the world if we don't.

What a heaping pile of nonsense. I can't believe we actually have fans that think like this. You think the psychological impact of how the 24th plays out will have no import on the rest of the season in terms of confidence and momentum and our chances in taking the Coastal?

Winning is everything. Every. Single. Game.

Advertisement
We've had the Dnofrio offense the last 3 years and folks still do not appreciate what our defense did most of the season. I could care less about Wisconsin. We should be FINALLY be able to pin our eyes back and murder some of these teams because Manny is going to run up the score like Jimmy used too.

Anything less than 11-1 is an abject failure.

The only team we play that had fewer than 5 losses last year is UF. We leave the state 3 times and have I believe and do not quote me on this 3 bye-weeks. 11-1. We score 28 points a game last year and we're 11-1.

Bumping myself.

I did say abject failure.

Go ******* figure.

Bumping myself.

I did say abject failure.

Go ******* figure.

it happens, people just assumed the NC was going to be terrible, well they arent, and that 1 loss may be enough to lose the coastal, cause carolina may not lose a coastal game

Advertisement
Back