Realistic coaching candidates

What's worse for HS recruiting? To have actual head coaching change, or to be hobbled by a lame duck coach who is unlikely to be around for the next few years?

Lame duck by far.
For example, a new coach at Miami could talk to kids from "The State of Miami" about "making the crib great" in Coral Gables on the hardwood. He could call it "The New Miami" and a sign of the times changing. Players, parents and fans would buy into it.
If Coach L tries to recruit kids now, everyone will be thinking like us, this is probably your last year. Plus, why now when you have been here for 10 years.
Make the change.

Advertisement
A new name that hasn't been mentioned that I would have some interest in - Joe Golding from Abilene Christian. This is my first time getting a chance to watch them play, and they are absolutely ferocious defensively. Top turnover forcing team in the country this season, was 2nd best in that category last season, and top 10 the season before that. All of those numbers are weighted for competition.

ACU was a D2 program when he first took over and they made the transition to D1 in 2014. They were trash the first two seasons in D1 before becoming midpack in 2016-18 before taking a jump forward in 2019. They have gone 42-11 in conference play the past three seasons, with two tourney appearances. Now the Southland is a horrendous conference, and he hasn't quite done in the league what Underwood did when he was at Stephen F. Austin, but it's not far behind.

He's another guy where he wouldn't be my top choice for this season, but since the job isn't opening this year, he'd be on my list to track for a year or two down the road when it does open.

Lame duck by far.
For example, a new coach at Miami could talk to kids from "The State of Miami" about "making the crib great" in Coral Gables on the hardwood. He could call it "The New Miami" and a sign of the times changing. Players, parents and fans would buy into it.
If Coach L tries to recruit kids now, everyone will be thinking like us, this is probably your last year. Plus, why now when you have been here for 10 years.
Make the change.
Well, if Blake J were to make a change, he better do it quick as jobs will be getting filled every day.

Lame duck by far.
Make the change.
Really glad you don’t do this for a living

Well, if Blake J were to make a change, he better do it quick as jobs will be getting filled every day.

Absolutely. I think the major domino to fall is Caputo getting the George Mason job and taking Bill Courtney with him. That will make it easier for Coach L to "mutually agree to part ways" with Miami as he will get paid for the rest of his contract and his assistants will have jobs.

Advertisement
I like Beard from Texas Tech and Mussleman from Arkansas.

Yeah not realistic because we don’t have great AD, nor financial support right?

Advertisement
I like Beard from Texas Tech and Mussleman from Arkansas.

Yeah not realistic because we don’t have great AD, nor financial support right?

Musselman actually is the blueprint of what you want the next coach to do and why you should make the coaching change now.

Musselman took over Arkansas and added one year transfers two season ago then added 5 freshman from the state of Arkansas which has lead them to the Sweet 16 this season.

With 3 players currently on the Miami roster, adding 5 grad transfers, 2 regular transfers with 2 years of eligibility left along with 1 regular transfer with 3 years of eligibility left and two 2021 high school seniors would be the best way to fill out the roster for this season.

This gives Miami the opportunity to rebuild their future roster with some talented in-state kids.

Which kids, go to the 2022 recruiting thread as I will post it soon.

And insert an actual AD who is competent, passionate and has autonomy. Hiring another potato to be a puppet will only further our rich tradition in leading the nation in apathy, having zero accountability and employing the unemployable.
Do you have the same templated reply ready to go at all times?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back