Realistic coaching candidates

There's a 99.9% chance Larranaga doesn't resign any time soon. Only way Larranaga doesn't come back for next season is if he gets fired and that doesn't seem likely at this point. This staff is telling everyone they aren't going anywhere and they're looking to turn things around.

Not so fast my friend.
Have you noticed that only Coach L is speaking to transfers.
Also, there was no mention of who would be replacing Fisher?
I think they are trying to jump ship!

Advertisement
I don't think anyone asked him about Fisher because our media coverage is a joke.

They asked him to give a statement about how great Fisher was, yet didn't ask him about who might be replacing him, or to give a timeframe for when that decision might be made.

In other words, they asked the question nobody gives a rat's a$$ about, while also failing to ask the actually pertinent question.

Advertisement
Lots of boosters at Texas have wanted Shaka out for some time now. He's been feeling the pressure since he got there. The lost to Abilene just exasperated things and it looks like Texas is ok to see him go. Texas is losing a lot next season and this seems like a good time for Shaka to make a move.

By the way, it's a done deal. Shaka is going to Marquette.

I don’t think Texas cared he was leaving.

I was fine with Coach L’s staff when he began coaching at UM. I liked operations guy James Johnson too. But I have never been a fan of their current operations guy Lamont Franklin, and current assistant coaches from Caputo on down.

Coach L has pretty much said that he has no interest in recruiting Florida, only the Northeast. What has that gotten us? three straight losing seasons and the bottom of the ACC. I look at the current Canes roster, and I am not optimistic about the future. I am not impressed with these players, and the players are not being developed like they once were. This team wasn’t good enough to compete in the ACC for the last three years and will not be competitive looking forward into the foreseeable future

Last edited:
Advertisement
What about Wayne Tinkle? Don’t think he’d ever leave the west coast...but he’s done a great job at OSU and was great at Montana.

Advertisement
I was fine with Coach L’s staff when he began coaching at UM. I liked operations guy James Johnson too. But I have never been a fan of their current operations guy Lamont Franklin, and current assistant coaches from Caputo on down.

Coach L has pretty much said that he has no interest in recruiting Florida, only the Northeast. What has that gotten us? three straight losing seasons and the bottom of the ACC. I look at the current Canes roster, and I am not optimistic about the future. I am not impressed with these players, and the players are not being developed like they once were. This team wasn’t good enough to compete in the ACC for the last three years and will not be competitive looking forward into the foreseeable future

When you look at his body of work and the current state of the program, making a coaching change is quite obvious.
I really laugh at the idea of Kam McGusty coming back to Miami because Coach L is going to help him improve his draft stock.
That whole Coach L press conference was the equivalent of politics.
A lot of lies and promises that will not come true.

Man with what Juwan is doing at Michigan, I’d love to hire another one of those heat assistants whether it be Malik Allen or Chris Quinn. **** maybe James Jones wants to get out of scouting and into coaching? Who knows

Advertisement
Man with what Juwan is doing at Michigan, I’d love to hire another one of those heat assistants whether it be Malik Allen or Chris Quinn. **** maybe James Jones wants to get out of scouting and into coaching? Who knows

I always worry about NBA guys coming to college because you never know how they'll recruit. Will be interesting to see how Mike Woodson does at Indiana. My guess is it'll be a disaster.

Juwan Howard did it right by hiring Phil Martelli. Couldn't have had a more experienced right hand man.

Coach L has done some great things for this program but his time is done. This upcoming year will probably be his last year you can be a tournament team at Miami. Hopefully Blake James won’t be making the next hire.

In case you all have not noticed, it is more important to be a great recruiter and have NBA ties right now in college coaching.
I want a staff with 4 great recruiters and atleast 3 guys with NBA ties or experience.
Player and skill development is bigger than most fans realize.

Advertisement
Back