REALIGNMENT MEGGGGAAAA THREAAAD

They can't make it a regional sport. Dumb and untrue.

College Football national champions since 1998:

1998: Tennessee
1999: FSU
2000: Oklahoma
2001: Miami
2002: đź–•
2003: LSU/USC
2004: USC
2005: Texas
2006: UF
2007: LSU
2008: UF
2009: Alabama
2010: Auburn
2011: Alabama
2012: Alabama
2013: FSU
2014: Ohio State
2015: Alabama
2016: Clemson
2017: Alabama
2018: Clemson
2019: LSU
2020: Alabama

There are the Trojans in 2003 (co-champs) and '04 and the Buckeyes in '14.

Every other team is either from a Southern state or, in the case of OU, bordering a Southern state.

CFB already is thoroughly dominated by one region of the country for the many reasons that have been well-documented.

Nothing will change in that dynamic due to the SEC adding a few more traditional powerhouses.

Advertisement
Bringing Clemson and Florida State (and please God the Canes, too) to the SEC serves a dual purpose that an assistant program director in the greater Greenville-Spartanburg radio market may not fully grasp — verified Twitter account or otherwise.

SEC plus Clemson/FSU/UM = another major boost and even bigger share of the College Football universe. This is very good for the SEC/ESPN.

ACC minus Clemson/FSU/UM = immediate collapse of the conference with the better brands life-boating it to the Big Ten and the rest headed to a second-tier type league (or worse). This is much, much better than very good for SEC/ESPN.

Whatever it costs ESPN to cut bait with the ACC, the sad-sack ACC Network and those deadbeat programs like Wake, BC, Pitt, etc. that bring little to the table will be financially beneficial in the long

a) I’m pretty sure this wasn’t just the opinion of some assistant radio program director in GSP...he is at least saying that he heard it from an SEC insider. No idea whether he's making **** up, or whether the SEC insider is legit, or whatnot...but I'd have to give that guy an edge over some message board dudes like you or me.

2) There comes a point at which you have the market covered in the southeast, and poaching a couple more teams--even if they are top-tier/name brand teams--gives you diminishing returns. You'd have to cut FSU, Clemson, and Miami in on a full share of everything, as well as cover the massive exit buyout for us to leave the ACC. I don't know the math--and I'm willing to bet you haven't run the numbers either--but there's a very real likelihood that it just isn't worth it to the SEC, at least not right now.

F). Which is why the supposed SEC source threw out ND as a big fish that would potentially be worth it. They're not wedded to the ACC grant of rights like UM/FSU/Clemson, and they have a different regional/national footprint, so it might be more financially feasible for them to poach ND.

17) Regardless of whether UM, FSU and Clemson ever end up in the SEC or not, the college football powers that be aren't going to let any of the three of us just fall by the wayside, any more than they'd let USC or Washington or Michigan or any of about 25 other schools. IMO, the SEC has definitely fired the first major shot, but this is the beginning of major changes, not the end. Don't get so worked up--we're going to be fine.

Advertisement
a) I’m pretty sure this wasn’t just the opinion of some assistant radio program director in GSP...he is at least saying that he heard it from an SEC insider. No idea whether he's making **** up, or whether the SEC insider is legit, or whatnot...but I'd have to give that guy an edge over some message board dudes like you or me.

2) There comes a point at which you have the market covered in the southeast, and poaching a couple more teams--even if they are top-tier/name brand teams--gives you diminishing returns. You'd have to cut FSU, Clemson, and Miami in on a full share of everything, as well as cover the massive exit buyout for us to leave the ACC. I don't know the math--and I'm willing to bet you haven't run the numbers either--but there's a very real likelihood that it just isn't worth it to the SEC, at least not right now.

F). Which is why the supposed SEC source threw out ND as a big fish that would potentially be worth it. They're not wedded to the ACC grant of rights like UM/FSU/Clemson, and they have a different regional/national footprint, so it might be more financially feasible for them to poach ND.

17) Regardless of whether UM, FSU and Clemson ever end up in the SEC or not, the college football powers that be aren't going to let any of the three of us just fall by the wayside, any more than they'd let USC or Washington or Michigan or any of about 25 other schools. IMO, the SEC has definitely fired the first major shot, but this is the beginning of major changes, not the end. Don't get so worked up--we're going to be fine.
Neither Clemson nor Florida State add enough revenue to go from 16 to 18 and grow the pie. I would love to see some honest reporting on which schools were considered that a plus list other than Texas and Notre Dame. And other than Big Ten schools that would never ever ever leave the big ten.

Notre Dame will never join the SEC. That's an impossibility.

ACC has ironclad grant of rights.

So, as I see it, no ACC school will be welcome in the SEC. No ACC school can leave anyways during the grant of rights term. If an ACC school did ever leave towards the end of that term, it would be to the Big Ten to get them to 16. So that said, I hope the Big ten and the PAC 12 pick up schools like Kansas, Oklahoma State, etc, to protect the ACC a bit more from any future poaching and to force ND to join. At this point, what we want is four 16 team conferences.

So what are we going to do? I see Miami leadership has been asleep at the wheel. Holding out in a basketball conference where college basketball has been dead since high school players started leaving for the NBA.

SMDH

So what exactly are you hoping/expecting Miami to do in this particular situation? Are you expecting the school to announce tomorrow a jump to the SEC or BIG10?

When the sauce pulled Notre Dame from his *** it turned a fantastical hypothetical into a comical one with zero validity, imo. The SEC as constituted including Texas & Oklahoma would have a less than zero chance of convincing Notre Dame to join. In fact, I think they'd muchhhhh sooner join a merged Big Ten/Pac 12 or the ACC even if it adds nobody else and all this other movement happens. The only way I think Notre Dame everrrrr even considers "slumming" it academically and culturally with the SEC is if the SEC somehow were to first pry away Ohio State, Michigan & Penn State- which won't happen.

I think you're pretty much right about everything else though.

Advertisement
When the sauce pulled Notre Dame from his *** it turned a fantastical hypothetical into a comical one with zero validity, imo. The SEC as constituted including Texas & Oklahoma would have a less than zero chance of convincing Notre Dame to join. In fact, I think they'd muchhhhh sooner join a merged Big Ten/Pac 12 or the ACC even if it adds nobody else and all this other movement happens. The only way I think Notre Dame everrrrr even considers "slumming" it academically and culturally with the SEC is if the SEC somehow were to first pry away Ohio State, Michigan & Penn State- which won't happen.

I think you're pretty much right about everything else though.
To be fair, my reading was that the sauce was basically saying ND was the only ACC school that would make financial sense for them to pursue…he wasn’t saying they were actually pursuing them.

I agree that ND wouldn’t deign to sully their golden ***** by associating with the rubes in the SEC.

Last edited:
So what exactly are you hoping/expecting Miami to do in this particular situation? Are you expecting the school to announce tomorrow a jump to the SEC or BIG10?
Apologies for answering your question with a question. Would you agree that jumping to the Big10 or SEC would be more revenue generating than standing pat in the ACC with Clemson and FSU gone? Would Miami have a better opportunity to get back to being Miami playing in a conference made up of UCF, Duke, BC, Vanderbilt, GT, Tulsa, etc, etc or in a conference with SEC schools or Big 10 schools?

Or, you go the independent route, but on what TV Network? Notre Dame has NBC. Miami, does not have a thing.

Advertisement
Real G’s move in silence. That’s what I’m hoping is going on here….
RICHT_RETIRES_DAV04.JPG

Fooling us all by pretending to be clueless

ACC grant of rights runs through 2035. MUCH different animal than the Big 12. I don't think this can happen. I do not believe the ACC will add or lose any members for a long time.
Can happen. Painful, but can happen.

FSU/Clemson will press ACC in court on failirel

Notice what is missing from denial: SEC or another intermediary.

Advertisement
At this point there should just be a commissioner of NCAAF and take the top 40 and form it’s own league and leave the conference crap to CBB and other non/low revenue sports.
You must be in Sankey's head.

That is EXACTLY a long-term goal on the board.

ACC grant of rights runs through 2035. MUCH different animal than the Big 12. I don't think this can happen. I do not believe the ACC will add or lose any members for a long time.
100% can happen if they contest ACC for failure of fudiciary duty.

It will be ugly, but shĂŻt gets pretty really quick over millions of ducats.

Wouldnt surprise me if the SEC floated them the buyout and they paid back.

My question would UF want FSU in conference with them.

I honestly think everyone would try and squeeze us out. We rustled so many Jimmies over the last 40 years they would love nothing more than to send a mega f*ck you to Miami
I don't think it matters what individual SEC teams want.

Sankey has the command of the room amd is swinging 15" of limp dĂŻck.

For the time being, what Sankey wants, Baron Von Sankeyheimerton is going to get.

Its almost worth watching Jim Delaney* stare in disbelief like the fĂĽcktardo he is.

*Essentially single-handedly vetoed CFPO to protect garbage BCS for over a decade

Advertisement
Back