REALIGNMENT MEGGGGAAAA THREAAAD

Advertisement
Advertisement
Y’all haven’t seen the real Blake James - only what he’s wanted you to see. Remember when people were convinced that Dan Enos was holding back his playbook?

Dan Enos = Blake James.

06A19052-4351-46EC-B121-E72D242DCC75.jpeg

Apologies for answering your question with a question. Would you agree that jumping to the Big10 or SEC would be more revenue generating than standing pat in the ACC with Clemson and FSU gone? Would Miami have a better opportunity to get back to being Miami playing in a conference made up of UCF, Duke, BC, Vanderbilt, GT, Tulsa, etc, etc or in a conference with SEC schools or Big 10 schools?

Or, you go the independent route, but on what TV Network? Notre Dame has NBC. Miami, does not have a thing.
100% agree that the B10 or SEC would be much more lucrative but Miami can't just walk into the offices of those respective leagues, put their feet up on the coffee table and demand to be added. I have no clue how this is going to look when the dust settles or what kind of position the school will be in. Only thing we can do is sit back and wait and see how things shake out. Hopefully some type of conversations regarding potential moves are being had but until sh*t is official we're gonna be playing guessing games.

Advertisement
Any school who breaks the grant of rights and leaves the ACC owes the conference somewhere in the neighborhood of $495M. Yes, the “M” stands for Million. Four hundred ninety-five million dollars.

Sure, that number would be argued in court. But even shaving some off still wouldn’t be remotely entertained by any university brass. Nobody is leaving the ACC anytime soon.

I don't care if you are judge learned hand, an assignment is pretty absolute. Suing a conference for monetary damages and/or trying to get injunctive relief is not going to void an absolute assignment. Plus, there's zero evidence that Clemson and Florida State would pay for themselves.
IF the ACC is unable/unwilling to meet the already stated/near future demands of FSU/Clemson (UNC?)...

I guess we shall see won't we?

Advertisement

Long thread but extremely well informed

FSU and Clemson aren't going anywhere.

Yeah, I agree with this. I wonder if there could be a future where Wake Forest gives up on big football, which could be the result if they move to distributions that are not equitable but are tied to metrics like attendance and bowl games.

If you could find a way to kick Wake Forest out, The future would look a lot better. Attract Notre Dame, and it wouldn't be impossible to think Penn State or Maryland would want back in an eastern conference where the money was closer.

Yeah, I agree with this. I wonder if there could be a future where Wake Forest gives up on big football, which could be the result if they move to distributions that are not equitable but are tied to metrics like attendance and bowl games.

If you could find a way to kick Wake Forest out, The future would look a lot better. Attract Notre Dame, and it wouldn't be impossible to think Penn State or Maryland would want back in an eastern conference where the money was closer.

ND isn't going to join. ACC had an opportunity last year t force their hand a little more and they let ND do whatever they want.

I think Syracuse is a much bigger piece of fat than WF. Duke football isn't too far behind either.

ND isn't going to join. ACC had an opportunity last year t force their hand a little more and they let ND do whatever they want.

I think Syracuse is a much bigger piece of fat than WF. Duke football isn't too far behind either.
cuse sucks, But at least it's got a huge enrollment and it's got the upstate New York market to itself. We need a fourth private school in North Carolina like another hole in the head ..

Advertisement
Just a few random thoughts.

The big 12 has been on life-support ever since a former commissioner of the big 12 allowed Texas to create the Longhorn network rather than creating a big 12 network.

Once the Longhorn network was allowed to happen, Nebraska, Missouri, Texas A&M, and Colorado all left the conference. This was all but a death nail for the conference.

Then you add the fact that they decided not to expand beyond 10 teams after only adding TCU and West Virginia.

With all these poor choices by the big 12, it is no wonder Texas and OU are leaving.

Of course who is to say that Texas And OU aren’t behind the big 12’s bad decisions in order to make it easier for them to leave.

I think that Texas and OU are counting On the big 12 folding so they don’t have to pay them $70-$80 million a piece to leave the conference.

Figuring the following that both Texas and OU have, the huge revenue loss from the TV deals is going to be extremely significant. This will force all schools to consider any and all options, and quickly. More than likely this will cause teams to seek other options and the league will become defunct.

I have a crazy idea, but it will probably never happen. OK, here goes, have the ACC merge with the Big 12 and add Houston and either ND preferably or Cincinnati. There would be three 8 team pods West, Atlantic, and Coastal. Add Houston to the west, put ND/CINCY in the Atlantic and West Virginia in the coastal. The teams would play each team in there pod and one team from each of the other pods for a 9 game schedule.

WEST

Kansas
Kansas State
Iowa State
Oklahoma State
Texas Tech
TCU
Baylor
Houston

ATLANTIC

Clemson
FSU
Wake Forrest
NC State
Syracuse
Boston College
Louisville
ND/CINCY

COASTAL

Miami
North Carolina
Duke
Georgia Tech
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Pittsburgh
West Virginia

I know this is an absolutely insane idea and probably will never happen, But I’m putting it out here anyway as I’m sure everyone will rip it to shreds. So everyone fire away.

Last edited:

👆Vandy, Wake, Duke, UVA....

Lots of duct tape solutions being offered:
  • kick out sorry ol' School A
  • or tell School B to find someplace else to house its deadbeat football program
  • or hoodwink Penn State into thinking the ACC is practically as good and financially sound as the B1G
  • or lift the skirt, drop the panties and bend over for Notre Dame
  • finally, just keep repeating "things are going to be OK" over and over and over

But this league is far too much of a geographical and cultural hodge-podge to stay intact long-term

In what world do FSU and Clemson each with their three national championship trophies, 80k-seat on-campus stadiums and full-fledged $EC football recruiting tactic$ belong in a conference with Northeast private schools like Boston College and Syracuse?

Why would universities with elite academic reputations and arrogance to match like Duke, UVa, UNC and Georgia Tech want to associate -- much less be in the same conference -- with Louisville (and, ****, for that matter NC State and Virginia Tech)?

Shouldn't Wake Forest's rivals be Davidson and UNC-Greensboro?

Who gives a **** about Pitt, which has about a 1% or so chance of returning to college football relevance?

And then's there's The U, perpetually a great Head Coach backed by a fully committed and competent administration from reclaiming our glory days

What a mess of a conference

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back