REALIGNMENT MEGGGGAAAA THREAAAD

No, Okie State is not screwed. Oklahoma law prevents OU from going to another conference without Okie State, so OU isn't going anywhere unless they can convince the state legislature to change state law.
Well then their both screwed lol Texas doesn’t need OU but OU sure as **** needs Texas.

Advertisement
Possible new division if this merger occurs:

Western Division​

• Arkansas
  • LSU
  • Mississippi State
  • Mizzou
  • Oklahoma
  • Ole Miss
  • Texas
  • Texas A&M

Eastern Division​

• Alabama
  • Auburn
  • Florida
  • Georgia
  • Kentucky
  • South Carolina
  • Tennessee
  • Vanderbilt

Supposedly 11 of 14 teams in SEC would have to vote to approve this. It's being said that TAMU and Missouri would absolutely oppose it. If two more schools vote "no" it cannot happen....
Arkansas would also oppose it. They’d only need an alliance with more 1 team to nix it.

Advertisement
It’s a wrap for the Big12 after already losing Nebraska, aTm, and Mizzou and now UT and OU. I would think the 16 team super conferences would push ND into joining the ACC and I’d think WVU would get a second look.
Yep, Let's get the band back together, and add WVU, the old Big East would be whole again with everyone in the ACC!

Advertisement
I think it's bs.

Besides more money, why in the **** would you want your trip to the playoff even harder?

If it's not bs, that's a crazy *** conference if it happened and everyone else stayed put in the SEC.

I think it's bs.

Besides more money, why in the **** would you want your trip to the playoff even harder?

If it's not bs, that's a crazy *** conference if it happened and everyone else stayed put in the SEC.
Doesn't the new proposed format have 12 teams going to the playoff? I'd bet at least 4 will be from this new $EC. ****, having $EC as your conference clearly already gives teams the tie breaker over every other conference in the eyes of the selection committee.

Did you read the post? It isn't about what the SEC wants when it comes to the Oklahoma schools.
Either way if Texas wants to leave the big 12 to the SEC I’m sure they get let in… OU probably knows it’s best for their school to follow Texas (and yes I know OU is bound politically to Okie st which might keep them as the flagship school for the now neutered Little 12)

Texas doesn’t need OU…. OU does need Texas though that’s all I’m saying.

Advertisement
It sounds "cool" to have this super conference....but HIGHLY doubt Texas and Okie go to the SEC.

Its already been said...why make it harder to get to the playoffs?....and there's nothing wrong with those teams staying in the Big 12.

Money talks, but this just doesn't pass the sniff test. If 75% of SEC teams have to vote yes....I doubt this happens

Wonder why they wanna move.
Cause the Big XII sucks.

But.... Mizzou and A&M be like eff yall

FB_IMG_1626933743669.jpg

Advertisement
They're saying A&M is the one who leaked the story. Gotta applaud the level of pettiness. Also Texas is willing to fold the LN or some type of merger with SECN.

This is going to happen, too much money is involved. Texas media contract ends 2025.

I don’t think LSU would like it that much. I see them as the 4th school
Depends… if the scenario plays out like some have said and the west and east divisions get split essentially by the Mississippi River then you move bama and auburn to the east and you get UT, OU, Mizzou, Arkie, and the Aggie

If your LSU I’m sure your thinking you can dominate that west division and avoid the Bama/auburn game that usually derails a nice season

They're saying A&M is the one who leaked the story. Gotta applaud the level of pettiness. Also Texas is willing to fold the LN or some type of merger with SECN.

This is going to happen, too much money is involved. Texas media contract ends 2025.

OU isn't going to the SEC unless the SEC takes OSU. Only way I see the OU legislature letting OU head to the SEC without OSU is if OSU is assured of getting into the BIG 10, but that isn't going to happen ever.

Advertisement
Back