REALIGNMENT MEGGGGAAAA THREAAAD

Advertisement
This is why when people say that the SEC would be stupid to not take Miami are talking out of their ***. Yes, playing in the ACC has devalued our brand. But the SEC would not be hurting if they didn't take Miami. Especially now that they have a strangle hold on the midwest market with adding OU and UT. If they add Clemson and FSU, they now have the entire Southeast market. Yes, a Miami vs FSU vs UF annual rivalry would be great. But it's not a backbreaker if it doesn't happen for the conference.
Facts the ACC been holding us back

Facts the ACC been holding us back
How has the ACC held us back exactly? Face it, the Canes haven't delivered on its end of the bargain. The Big East was the worst of the BCS 6 conferences at the time, but Miami was still able to win National Championships. ****, Clemson is winning and still competing for titles.

The main reason for the ACC's current situation is due to the lackluster play in recent years of its "marquee" programs - Miami, FSU, and VT. Thank God for Clemson.

Now, the ACC may soon find itself making the gap with the SEC and Big 10 too big. However, to date, Miami has dropped the ball with its own mismanagement. It could have been done as FSU in the early 10's and Clemson over the past 8 years have shown.

That being said, the basketball-centric additions of Syracuse and Pitt along with the mismanagement of ND last year have definitely hurt the ACC going forward with this albatross of a TV contract it is in.

Honest to god, I think Miami can, truly. You can for sure create a deal valuation to justify that amount of money yearly to Miami alone from a major network.

I know Miami has had multiple 4.0+ rating games every year, with a **** schedule, and a **** team.

The reason why ND continues to get respect is they don't play cupcakes. Their schedule is full of rivals and some down teams, but the vast majority are top-level power 5 teams. Always.

If Miami adopted a similar schedule, they could command a similar TV deal, because TV channels care about... MATCHUPS. Thats it. They want matchups.

The ACC provides **** *** matchups unless they have multiple top 25 teams, which they dont, ever, at least at a competitive level.

ND's playbook is not a secret, and it can be replicated... the team needs to bet on themselves to accomplish it and stop scheduling cupcakes though.

Miami cannot and I repeat cannot survive as an independent. How can our "Fanbase" be so incredibly stupid to believe this nonsense. Never mind the fact that Notre Dame gets a ton of money from their sidewalk alumni as well as their alumni, Notre Dame is the school for **** near every Catholic kid in the northeast, that's something we can't compete with . Notre Dame, even when they are awful sell out every game, Miami doesn't sell out every game even when times are good.

Never mind the scheduling issues(We won't have anyone to play, which was a huge reason why we joined the Big East in the first place, as conferences expanded, our schedules started getting pretty mediocre outside of 2-3 decent games), we would lose millions. Having some guaranteed income coming in, helps this athletic department because we can't count on a lot of the revenue sources other schools take for granted. T

This is why when people say that the SEC would be stupid to not take Miami are talking out of their ***. Yes, playing in the ACC has devalued our brand. But the SEC would not be hurting if they didn't take Miami. Especially now that they have a strangle hold on the midwest market with adding OU and UT. If they add Clemson and FSU, they now have the entire Southeast market. Yes, a Miami vs FSU vs UF annual rivalry would be great. But it's not a backbreaker if it doesn't happen for the conference.
The elephant in the room that nobody wants to talk about is a university of Miami athletic department with half of the sports as the other p5 schools getting over 60-90 million dollars a year in revenue.

Remember when Golden got fired Feinbaum said “ that program is bankrupt” alluding to we wouldn’t have the money to hire a top HC candidate.
Everyone knows the U is a national brand. We’re about to put 2 more in the HOF and have more on deck.
The sec doesn’t need us. But I guarantee that they sure is **** don’t want us to get their money.

Advertisement
Was the ACC holding fspoo back when they were winning championships under cuckbo and landing top three classes? God you guys are just typing to type

Hello, Texas Rangers, I'd like to report a murder... 👇

I haven't seen such a wholesale repudiation since 👻👻👻👻

shooting star wrestling GIF by THE WRESTLERS

Advertisement
What worked for Miami a couple of decades back isn't going to work in this climate. We've had the same conversations on facilities; the common theme was that we never had the facilities other schools did back in the day. Well, times changed and you see Miami made the effort to start competing with other school's in that area.

Miami is going to be hard-pressed to find quality competition. No school in the SEC is going to schedule Miami moving forward if Clemson and FSU bolt for the SEC. Strength of schedule is going to be a theme with every school in that conference and they're not going to be pressured for prime time OOC matchups.

Notre Dame is likely going to be in the same boat too if the remaining schools from the ACC/Big12 find their way into the Pac12 and Big 10. It's a domino effect and being independent is going to leave you scrambling to having to find quality opponents.

We'd be relying on Blake James for finding us a quality schedule from the ground up. You really want to rely on him?
Well said.

To compare how things were in the 1980's or 90's or even 2000's to where the College Sports landscape sits now is a fool's errand.

Nobody — not former thriving independents like Miami or Penn State, not deep-pocketed Texas, not national brand Notre Dame — will find going it alone to be a sustainable option.

The power has already shifted from the NCAA to the conferences and specifically the SEC and Big Ten.

ND won't have a choice once the ACC unravels and only the dead weight remains because there won't be anybody worth playing by late September through the end of the football season.

Any school that tries to fly solo and challenge this new hierarchy will learn quickly the SEC and Big Ten with their massive media war chests will make busine$$ decisions about who to play and who not to play.

Advertisement
"Ma'am now that you're done blowing off a little steam, I do want you to know Texas is still leaving behind y'all small-time operators and ain't a **** thing you can do about it.

"Have ya a nice day, sweetheart"

Bye Bye Reaction GIF by GritTV
I don't think her point was leaving B12, but rather "I'd like to point out, with your $225MM budget you can't beat TCU, how are you not going to be a dootmat in SEC?"

I don't think her point was leaving B12, but rather "I'd like to point out, with your $225MM budget you can't beat TCU, how are you not going to be a dootmat in SEC?"
And instead of hiring someone who could establish and lead a rock-solid culture for a program desperately in need of it, the Horns fell for the hype and brought in a twice-fired recovering alcoholic whose focus above all else always has been on trying to out-scheme those defensive coaches on the other sideline.

Like the saying goes, Texas gonna Texas.

Last edited:
And instead of hiring someone who could establish and lead a rock-solid culture for a program desperately in need of it, the Horns fall for the hype and bring in a twice-fired recovering alcoholic whose focus above all else always has been on trying to out-scheme those defensive coaches on the other sideline.

Like the saying goes, Texas gonna Texas.
They are going to get a healthy dose of prison shower lovin' in SEC. OU as well.

Does UT go SEC East while OU go SEC West?

Do they realign two SEC West teams into East and add UT and OU into West??

Im too lazy to look up if SEC has already put our division alignment for 2023.

Advertisement
They are going to get a healthy dose of prison shower lovin' in SEC. OU as well.

The rumor is Missouri to the West (about time), Texas and Oklahoma in the West, with Alabama and Auburn moving to the East.

FSU aint going nowhere. Clemson is comparable to OU, but no way is FSU comparable to Tx. FSU is barely making ends meet and is also a garbage program.

What difference does it make? Teams like Missouri and Kentucky will give Texas all they can handle. Just look at the murderers row of teams they lost to over the last few years.

And look at the damaged goods they have as a head coach. That’s the guy you bring in as your head coach/CEO? I don’t even understand their logic with him. Unless they got all in a big meeting and said “offense yeah that’s the ticket” and figured they needed a Charlie Weis decided schematic advantage

Advertisement
Back