REALIGNMENT MEGGGGAAAA THREAAAD

Advertisement
I know a lot of us as Canes fans have a persecution complex and that's often justified but the inferiority complex is comical. If you think we're somehow going to be left out in the cold then you're insane. IF there is massive realignment in CFB then it won't be the SEC doing it in a bubble and then everyone else is screwed. As was mentioned, there will be equal and opposite reactions. CFB isn't only played in the South and Texlahoma and the nation's most coveted TV markets certainly aren't found in those areas.

I know a lot of us as Canes fans have a persecution complex and that's often justified but the inferiority complex is comical. If you think we're somehow going to be left out in the cold then you're insane. IF there is massive realignment in CFB then it won't be the SEC doing it in a bubble and then everyone else is screwed. As was mentioned, there will be equal and opposite reactions. CFB isn't only played in the South and Texlahoma and the nation's most coveted TV markets certainly aren't found in those areas.
This and the fact that we still draw better than most schools in every game we play is why I’m not huddled in a corner with my Sebastian blanket over this. I’m more lamenting the irreverent change to the sport we all love more than anything

Maybe I’m too much of a homer, but I actually think this will work out well for Miami in the end. Either with a new conference or a better version of this **** we’re in.
Let us all hope like **** for "new conference" because no way is "better ACC" happening.

I don't know why but I just have this terrible gut feeling this isn't going to end up well for the Hurricanes.
Me too. At this point, we are in a good position so long as Clemson stays put. If they bolt, we are in trouble.

Advertisement
Any chance the sec member schools vote no? A&M is a given.. I saw rumors of Arkansas and Missouri today but that might just be fluff
The no votes don't matter. They can be removed from the conference. The SEC has the funds to terminate. They would lost TAM, but gain UT. Here's where the ACC should be making calls. If the SEC does remove the no votes, they can invite 2-4 new teams. Guess who at least 2 of those teams would be? Yep, Clemson and FSU.

The only way the ACC survives this is ND and raid the PAC 12. And the invites would have to go out rather soon. I think I read all this could become official within 3 years due to current contracts. I'd even take a shot of grabbing TAM if this were to happen. The ACC has to be both reactive and proactive to the rumors. If anyone sits on their hands on this one, I don't think the ACC will be a viable conference in 7 years.

Me too. At this point, we are in a good position so long as Clemson stays put. If they bolt, we are in trouble.

Why would we be in trouble? If Miami wanted in to the SEC, there would be a spot for us. Especially if the dominos start falling and the BIG10 makes a move like adding USC, UCLA, Oregon, etc.

IMO the BEST thing that can happen for Miami's future is for the ACC to implode and die. This conference has been horrible for us. We're a terrible fit for this basketball, tobacco road conference with its boring, stale games and garbage football.

If Clemson and/or FSU bolt, then the ACC will collapse, and our sleeping admin will be forced to do something that might end up benefitting the school

The no votes don't matter. They can be removed from the conference. The SEC has the funds to terminate. They would lost TAM, but gain UT. Here's where the ACC should be making calls. If the SEC does remove the no votes, they can invite 2-4 new teams. Guess who at least 2 of those teams would be? Yep, Clemson and FSU.

The only way the ACC survives this is ND and raid the PAC 12. And the invites would have to go out rather soon. I think I read all this could become official within 3 years due to current contracts. I'd even take a shot of grabbing TAM if this were to happen. The ACC has to be both reactive and proactive to the rumors. If anyone sits on their hands on this one, I don't think the ACC will be a viable conference in 7 years.

Why do so many of you WANT the ACC to survive? What has the ACC done for us?

Advertisement

Not directed at you, but so much stupidity on this thread. In no particular order:

1. Big ten schools are not leaving the big ten. That's laughable. As much as we think the SEC rules the universe, the Big Ten thinks they do, and up until recently, they had more money than anyone. I'm not even sure if that's changed. They have incredible huge wealthy markets and huge state schools with millions of eyeballs. The Big Ten Network is a cash machine even in the age of cord cutting.

2. Small private schools like TCU, SMU, Baylor are not in demand unless it's an absolute emergency.

3. Big public commuter schools like UCF, USF and Houston are almost as bad. They actually have potential, I admit, but they are too far behind the race to ever catch up and their big public state school brothers in the same state would do whatever they could to keep them down.

4. I see a ton of speculation, but I still don't see any solid reporting where it makes sense for the SEC or the Big Ten to go beyond 16 teams. I guess of schools 17 through 20 are Notre Dame, Clemson and North Carolina, Maybe the numbers work but I don't know. Are you going to have one championship game or two? It only makes sense if the pie gets so huge that each piece gets bigger.

5. Notre Dame is sitting pretty as always. I don't see why they would give up independence. Of course the ACC is going to try. Maybe if the ACC was truly in danger of falling apart, or there was truly going to be four 16 team super conferences, then Notre Dame could join to save the ACC. But they were still negotiate a bull**** unfair deal.

6. Forgot this one, it would be almost impossible for an ACC school to leave anytime soon. The grants of rights are enforceable. Clemson isnt paying $300mm plus to leave.

Last edited:
I am in no way in favor of this SEC mega conference. It only benefits the top 4-5 teams in the country. It’s very obvious the SEC wants to control the entire narrative of CFB. However, it’s wild to me how little blame this fan base takes, or even shares with the University of Miami. The funniest thing to me is that this board is so blind to how little our team contributes to our own current conference. Many people are so left in the past that our lack of ACC championships, off campus stadium, abysmal commitment to football (outside of recent years with IPF), lack luster seasons since joining, and slump into mediocrity - that you believe we are even worthy of being offered a spot in this so-called mega conference. We aren’t. FSU is committed to winning. Texas is committed to winning. Are they winning right now? No. But they are finding and allocating resources 10 fold our own.

And to make things worse I’m reading that RUTGERS is a better get than UCF if we were to stay in the ACC and realign amongst the teams that are left. This fan base is ******* delusional lol.

Advertisement
Not directed at you, but so much stupidity on this thread. In no particular order:

1. Big ten schools are not leaving the big ten. That's laughable. As much as we think the SEC rules the universe, the Big Ten thinks they do, and up until recently, they had more money than anyone. I'm not even sure if that's changed. They have incredible huge wealthy markets and huge state schools with millions of eyeballs. The Big Ten Network is a cash machine even in the age of cord cutting.

2. Small private schools like TCU, SMU, Baylor are not in demand unless it's an absolute emergency.

3. Big public commuter schools like UCF, USF and Houston are almost as bad. They actually have potential, I admit, but they are too far behind the race to ever catch up and their big public state school brothers in the same state would do whatever they could to keep them down.

4. I see a ton of speculation, but I still don't see any solid reporting where it makes sense for the SEC or the Big Ten to go beyond 16 teams. I guess of schools 17 through 20 are Notre Dame, Clemson and North Carolina, Maybe the numbers work but I don't know. Are you going to have one championship game or two? It only makes sense if the pie gets so huge that each piece gets bigger.

5. Notre Dame is sitting pretty as always. I don't see why they would give up independence. Of course the ACC is going to try. Maybe if the ACC was truly in danger of falling apart, or there was truly going to be four 16 team super conferences, then Notre Dame could join to save the ACC. But they were still negotiate a bull**** unfair deal.
1. I agree with all of the above. Both the SEC and BIG 10 put a more consistent product on the field. No team is leaving the Big 10.
2. I think there is a small niche for the "private school conference" concept if we're talking USC, Stanford, UCLA.....which also tout good basketball teams. ( Which is the ACC's bread and butter if we're being honest.)
3. I'm against adding any schools that don't add value to the TV contract or the football product.
4. Speculation, unfortunately is what the entire country runs off of these days. This is all arm chairing thoughts for the time being....but I'd throw some things out to see if something sticks every once in a while if I were Jim Phillips.
5. I dislike ND either way and hate that they pretty much have to be involved with every expansion rumor. It's maddening.

I am in no way in favor of this SEC mega conference. It only benefits the top 4-5 teams in the country. It’s very obvious the SEC wants to control the entire narrative of CFB. However, it’s wild to me how little blame this fan base takes, or even shares with the University of Miami. The funniest thing to me is that this board is so blind to how little our team contributes to our own current conference. Many people are so left in the past that our lack of ACC championships, off campus stadium, abysmal commitment to football (outside of recent years with IPF), lack luster seasons since joining, and slump into mediocrity - that you believe we are even worthy of being offered a spot in this so-called mega conference. We aren’t. FSU is committed to winning. Texas is committed to winning. Are they winning right now? No. But they are finding and allocating resources 10 fold our own.

And to make things worse I’m reading that RUTGERS is a better get than UCF if we were to stay in the ACC and realign amongst the teams that are left. This fan base is ******* delusional lol.
You suck at trolling.

Advertisement

Cool story bro

Advertisement
Back