REALIGNMENT MEGGGGAAAA THREAAAD

Advertisement
Yeah, he's not much for football.

If Duke, UNC and UVa would leave for the Big Ten, we'd have the basketball equivalent of what the SEC is about to become

And guys like Bilas and Dukie V would be fine with it

He’s got to be thinking mostly about Duke and basketball, but who knows. When it comes to football his opinion carries as much weight as a guy down at the end of the bar. He’s a smart guy, but I just don’t know how much actual insight he has into the game and how it operates in the bigger picture.

Advertisement
maybe now the NCAA will come down hard on the SEC? Separately I think this could backfire on the SEC. It can be a super league but at what cost? 80% of the teams will never ever have a shot at winning the SEC or a natty for that matter. Conversely this could make it easier for other teams to make it to the playoffs. Greed often leads to bad endings. Let's hope this is one such case.

maybe now the NCAA will come down hard on the SEC? Separately I think this could backfire on the SEC. It can be a super league but at what cost? 80% of the teams will never ever have a shot at winning the SEC or a natty for that matter. Conversely this could make it easier for other teams to make it to the playoffs. Greed often leads to bad endings. Let's hope this is one such case.

What good is a championship when all the great programs are in a different league? I read that the SEC wants OSU, Michigan, Clemson and FSU for their super league.

Everyone else will be left out. Including out beloved.

Why? The ACC schools are still going to make a ****load of money, just not nearly as much as the SEC or the Big Ten schools, but still a Grand canyon away and beyond from those other conferences.

If the networks are really successful then eventually Notre Dame will need to join the ACC and that will solve that problem. If the networks are not really successful because of the cord cutting or whatever, then the Delta between the ACC and the top two conferences will diminish. Just accept that your school athletic department is going to have 10-20 million less a year Than ole miss and Minnesota. Who cares?
If ACC/B1G/Big12/Pac12 do nothing while SEC goes superconference...

Those four headed to G5 status and it won't take long.

Hmmmm.....could there be a potential long-tern G5 Conferencr merger partner?? Probably too hard...

Advertisement
NCAA has even less teeth mow than 105 yr old gram-gram.

Assuming the AD has no say in these discussions like you say or think, does Julio Frenk making the decision make you feel any better?
Julio Frenk and the AD are on mute and doing crossword puzzles during the zoom calls. Some of youse guys don’t get who the players really are.

Advertisement
Lmao at ESPN college football show, guy says FSU while down “makes a ton of money”. What!?!? The same school that lost Jimbo over money!
The discussion was about the SEC going after ACC schools now, went on to mention North Carolina as well and Clemson naturally.

Advertisement
This guy probably has it right/close near term. 👇

👆They are thinking too small. ACC/PAC-12 getting to 30/32 teams would be a bold counter to SEC Super.

Markets and "national/global" reach more sense in that hook-up than with B1G teams.

Also, fück FSU*, Clemson*, Bama, and OSU.

*Don't be surprised SEC has a plan to poach both

ACC Grant of Rights:
The conference's grant of rights guarantees in the 20 years of the deal that a school's media rights, including revenue, for all home games remain with the ACC regardless of the school's affiliation. I don't think Clemson is going anywhere.

The SEC pretty much has an endless amount of resources. They would move heaven and earth to secure Clemson. It wouldn't be financial issues that stop them from moving.

Let's hope Clemson stays put. College football is better with more than just 1 or 2 conferences. Let's keep some semblance of tradition.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back