REALIGNMENT MEGGGGAAAA THREAAAD

I am in no way in favor of this SEC mega conference. It only benefits the top 4-5 teams in the country. It’s very obvious the SEC wants to control the entire narrative of CFB. However, it’s wild to me how little blame this fan base takes, or even shares with the University of Miami. The funniest thing to me is that this board is so blind to how little our team contributes to our own current conference. Many people are so left in the past that our lack of ACC championships, off campus stadium, abysmal commitment to football (outside of recent years with IPF), lack luster seasons since joining, and slump into mediocrity - that you believe we are even worthy of being offered a spot in this so-called mega conference. We aren’t. FSU is committed to winning. Texas is committed to winning. Are they winning right now? No. But they are finding and allocating resources 10 fold our own.

And to make things worse I’m reading that RUTGERS is a better get than UCF if we were to stay in the ACC and realign amongst the teams that are left. This fan base is ******* delusional lol.
746021CF-B1A6-41E7-A2FB-5139FB45EEDF.gif

Advertisement
idk why yall keep asking for the ACC to MAKE A MOVE...they dont have any right now. The big pieces at play were Texas/OU and Notre Dame. Notre Dame has a comfy gig w the ACC as is and the ACC is locked in for over the next decade barring monster buyouts.

Now everyone sits back and waits for the next move...which I assume is a 4x16 and that starts when the remnants of the Big XII get picked apart.

When Ohio State, Michigan, and ND jump to the SEC then we can talk about that one super mega conference...until then...it sounds like fan fiction.

Advertisement
I know a lot of us as Canes fans have a persecution complex and that's often justified but the inferiority complex is comical. If you think we're somehow going to be left out in the cold then you're insane. IF there is massive realignment in CFB then it won't be the SEC doing it in a bubble and then everyone else is screwed. As was mentioned, there will be equal and opposite reactions. CFB isn't only played in the South and Texlahoma and the nation's most coveted TV markets certainly aren't found in those areas.

They are the most coveted areas for football and television revenue as noted by their insane revenues and following.

No disrespect to those of you who say television markets, like that means something. It does, but hate to tell you that it doesn't mean much as to who follows football. Football is like a religion to the big schools which typically aren't in large television markets. They break the rules as there's fans in rural areas as much as they are in the city. Most of the schools followed the hardest don't even crack a top 25 market.

No conference is strictly looking at television market. They're looking at fans, followers, and like I said above, they're everywhere or entire states essentially.

Me too. At this point, we are in a good position so long as Clemson stays put. If they bolt, we are in trouble.
I just don't see Clemson pulling the cord and bailing. For all the "...but they play in a joke conference" talk by the national media, do they even care? Every year they are in Charlotte, and every year they are contending for chips and they don't have to worry about playing 9 SEC teams during the season to get there. Obviously they recruit well and they have a very recognizable national brand that has emerged over the last 10 years. What do they gain by moving? What are they missing out on now in the ACC that they could obtain in the SEC?

As an aside, let's just get a few statements out there into the ether:
--Texas and Oklahoma need the SEC more than the SEC needs Texas and Oklahoma. The SEC has leverage.
--The BIG10 does not have leverage. If Texas and Oklahoma move out the worst thing to happen to the BIG10 is that those two schools go to the SEC--any other conference or staying put would be ideal. The BIG10, coming from a position of weakness, needs to do whatever they can financially to prevent that move to the SEC. Josh Pate 247sports suggest they put up the $300 million to pay off both schools buyouts from the BIG12.

2) Big 12 will still slob UT/OU **** like the good little cucks they are

How is the BIG VII a bunch of Cucks?? They have no choice but to capitulate, because UT's & OU's membership in the BIG VII is effectively creating a situation where a rising tide is lifting all boats, as was the case with TCU. The biggest Cucks in this situation is the NCAA, and that's where the majority of the blame should be placed. Through negligence, and because it's run like a cabal organization, the NCAA allowed a handful of teams to become more powerful & influential than the sport itself. CFB is no longer about the pageantry, traditions & rivalries. It's about brands. And in this era you build your brand through investment. MIA was able to become one of the most recognizable brands in the sport, during a time when there was much greater parity & competitive balance. Trying to emulate that feat in today's era would be virtually impossible.

CFB isn't only played in the South and Texlahoma and the nation's most coveted TV markets certainly aren't found in those areas.

Typically the biggest media markets have diverse alumni networks from all over the country. For example earlier in this thread people were discussing adding Houston to the ACC. The issue is in order to earn a bigger share of that market it's going to require converting many non-alumni into UH Football fans. Which is a very tall order in this current highly fragmented & stratified era of CFB. The reason why it happened in MIA's heyday, aside from on-field success, is because of how charismatic the players & coaches were on those teams. As a result a very strong connection was formed between the team & S.FLA community.

Advertisement
With the Espn denying the Big 12 a contract renegotiation recently, and all this talk about the CFP expansion...this major programs are going to make a move quickly, and I am sure Bill Hancock is in the works, orchestrating one of the biggest takeovers in college athletics in history.

I have a strange feeling that Emmert and Co at the NCAA are on high alert, because College Football rules college sports, and all of the potential money behind a CFP expansion, combined with a realignment of all of these major conferences could mean a great deal to the NCAA.

CFP is actually positioning itself to takeover, and that is honestly a real possibility!

Look out for all of these things to take place on or around 2025, and many of these current contracts expire (BIG12, PAC12)

The biggest concern that I have, is what will happen when the SEC has literally all of the biggest and richest schools in the country, in it's conference. Will the pendulum swing even more heavily their way? Will they be in s position to push the rest of college athletics, regardless of who's supposedly in charge (CFP, NCAA)? Will there be play for more scholarships?

The other question, is will Miami stay in the ACC. There are conversations about FSU and Clemson...and where will they land. BIG10, SEC? Not a lot of talk about UM, but remember when we left the Big East along with Va Tech...the Big East was done! Everyone in the country know that the biggest brands in the ACC are Clemson, FSU & Miami, however the BIG10 wants to only go after the AAU school, and none of the three I mentioned are AAU members.

One thing I think is safe to say....BIG12 and PAC12 are in a really bad position right now, and honestly the ACC is not exactly in the best position IF you start seeing the BIG10 make plays for some west coast schools.

It is going to get even more crazy in the next couple of years...and this all started with the beginning of CFP, then NIL came around. Money has always driven college football, but it almost about to get sickening!

Advertisement
Read an interesting perspective on B1G universities. They are all Association of American Universities (AAU) members* and highly desire any new adds to be the same. That eliminates several ACC**/Big12/PAC12/SEC partners, including OU, but not UT.

Why a big deal? Mountain out of molehill? Perhaps.

For context, AAU status brought in $10B to B1G schools while their football teams rang up $800MM.

If push comes to shove, who are they going to pick? With that said, it is a false choice because there is no reason a B1G school must have AAU status (cough.. cough.. Cornhuskers) other than an academic-centric snobbish view of those members institutions that don't.

*minus Nebraska who lost it in 2011-ish (I think)
**Miami is not AAU

Advertisement
Why would Clemson leave? The have the ACC by the nuts right now. They have all the leverage and an easy path to the playoff every year. They use the opening weekend as a big test, ala UGA this year. Why would they jeopardize that success? Don’t forget they have negative value across every other sport. Idk that they are worth the money it would take them to leave.

Read an interesting perspective on B1G universities. They are all Association of American Universities (AAU) members* and highly desire any new adds to be the same. That eliminates several ACC**/Big12/PAC12/SEC partners, including OU, but not UT.

Why a big deal? Mountain out of molehill? Perhaps.

For context, AAU status brought in $10B to B1G schools while their football teams rang up $800MM.

If push comes to shove, who are they going to pick? With that said, it is a false choice because there is no reason a B1G school must have AAU status (cough.. cough.. Cornhuskers) other than an academic-centric snobbish view of those members institutions that don't.

*minus Nebraska who lost it in 2011-ish (I think)
**Miami is not AAU

How does AAU status bring in 10 billion?

Looks like Texas and OU won't happen til 2025 at the earliest, per their joint statement.

Advertisement
Back