2023 RB Mark Fletcher (commits to OSU* & De-Commits)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Understand where @Dwinstitles is coming from with the break away speed question but its also nice to have a guy who can break tackles and doesn't go down after the first contact.
Yea if the strength carries over and u need to punish dudes it's not bad to have that. Have that with those speedy bulky kids that break tackles and cut on a dime.

This kid epitomizes what Mario wants us to eventually be. I honestly think Young is the best back I’ve seen in the state of FL since Dalvin, so I agree with many that he is the prize but this kid is a terrific prospect in his own right. Both of them, behind the 5+ maulers we will inevitably sign up front is a heaven sent dream scenario but I have no doubt that Mario and co will give us as good of a shot as anyone.

Advertisement
I am a huge Fletcher fan. He is legit 6’2, 230 and lean. Nasty blocker who can run and catch.

Modern-day Alonzo Highsmith. Pair him with a big-time runner and you are set.
40 time?

Interesting. I thought folks said he seemed disinterested at his last visit unless I’m confusing him with someone else.

That was me.

I read on Ferman's board and 247 that the kid was walking around pretty disinterested most of the day. A few posts by folks who usually don't post a lot.

I've been around long enough to know better...

Advertisement
Why not? Doesn’t look like we’ll get one this class. If we do, I don’t think we’ll sign a game breaker. So, 2023 becomes critical to signing a stud or 2. Chaney might have one more year with us, rooster is not a starter all season long and Franklin is a serviceable backup.
I would get the one more year comment about Chaney if he was healthy. I agree that when healthy the kid is an NFL caliber back with a high ceiling but the issue is he is not and who knows when he will be able to come back and then how long it will take him to regain his pre injury form if he is even able to do that.

As far as Franklin is concerned, I think his ceiling is considerably higher than serviceable backup but we will see. I agree that Rooster isn't the feature back/carry the load type. Rooster is an elite 3rd down back and all purpose back who is extremely versatile.

Having said all that I was in favor of taking 2 RB in the 2023 class before we went out and got Parrish from Mississippi. I may still take 2 in 23 if the right 2 want in.

I love Fletcher but IMO he seems like the typical AH primadonna. Cristobal could change this but until he does I'm not exactly counting on Fletcher. It would seem as though we are going all out and putting the full court press on Richard Young who is worth the effort. I love Reuben Owens from Texas but that seems like a long shot at this point with that Texas NIL money.

I do know this. Mario is going to sign a blockbuster 2023 class and whoever we get at RB will be elite.

I would get the one more year comment about Chaney if he was healthy. I agree that when healthy the kid is an NFL caliber back with a high ceiling but the issue is he is not and who knows when he will be able to come back and then how long it will take him to regain his pre injury form if he is even able to do that.

As far as Franklin is concerned, I think his ceiling is considerably higher than serviceable backup but we will see. I agree that Rooster isn't the feature back/carry the load type. Rooster is an elite 3rd down back and all purpose back who is extremely versatile.

Having said all that I was in favor of taking 2 RB in the 2023 class before we went out and got Parrish from Mississippi. I may still take 2 in 23 if the right 2 want in.

I love Fletcher but IMO he seems like the typical AH primadonna. Cristobal could change this but until he does I'm not exactly counting on Fletcher. It would seem as though we are going all out and putting the full court press on Richard Young who is worth the effort. I love Reuben Owens from Texas but that seems like a long shot at this point with that Texas NIL money.

I do know this. Mario is going to sign a blockbuster 2023 class and whoever we get at RB will be elite.
Reuben’s recruitment will be fun to watch with the Texas and tamu NIL deals being launched back and forth like WW1 shells

Reuben’s recruitment will be fun to watch with the Texas and tamu NIL deals being launched back and forth like WW1 shells
No doubt my friend! It should be somewhat entertaining. I wish that we were in this one though. Owens is a ridiculous talent.

Advertisement
Kyle Juzszcek with better running.

Must-get.
Such a wild comp but it really works. Not many people that big can move like that. He kind of reminds me of DeMarco Murray too. I would lock in Mark if possible (easier said than done) then go after the biggest of fish (Owens, Young, etc.).

Such a wild comp but it really works. Not many people that big can move like that. He kind of reminds me of DeMarco Murray too. I would lock in Mark if possible (easier said than done) then go after the biggest of fish (Owens, Young, etc.).
Fletcher never needs to leave the field.

He’s bigger than LBs and has already shown ability as a lead blocker and pass protector. He is a hands-catcher with instincts in the passing game. And he’s a punishing runner who is especially effective in short-yardage and goal line.

Just an awesome football player with elite size.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back