2023 RB Mark Fletcher (commits to OSU* & De-Commits)

Status
Not open for further replies.
None. I take one HS kid and one ready to contribute portal player. Portal > HS recruit.

If Fletcher chose to go elsewhere, I'd look at Young, Trey Webb, and Having Simpkins at Norland. There's a kid at Killian but I don't know much about him so I can't really say much about him and his ability.

Sedrick Irvin's kid is also a name to know but he's committed to ND.
I was talking strictly high school recruits. Had no idea that Sedrick Irvin's kid was committed to Notre Dame. For me at RB my No.1 is Richard Young. That kid is a man amongst boys. Dude is just a beast. He's a load to tackle with great vision and the ability to make razor sharp cuts on a dime. All that and speed too. No.2 would be Fletcher.

Advertisement
No one thinks Richard Young might be better? Feel like Young has a little bit more of a higher ceiling.
Both have ridiculous ceilings. Two completely different players. Young looks like Sony Michel. Fletcher has some Willis Mcgahee/Najee Hariss to his game

Advertisement
I doubt they take two this class but it would be nasty. Stacking chips.

Why not? Doesn’t look like we’ll get one this class. If we do, I don’t think we’ll sign a game breaker. So, 2023 becomes critical to signing a stud or 2. Chaney might have one more year with us, rooster is not a starter all season long and Franklin is a serviceable backup.

Chaney should stay longer, although his injuries are a concern. Knighton is a speedster who, after a probably good season, probably leaves to the pros. Both Brown and Franklin are big brusiers, but neither of them have gamebreaking speed.

Miami also just offered Trevonte Citizen, RB out of Lake Charles College Prep in LA. 6´0, 217 lbs. LSU decommit.

I doubt they take two this class but it would be nasty. Stacking chips.
They have to take 2 - we only have 5 RBs on the roster and there's a possibility that Rooster and Chaney leaves next year. Even if one of them returns for senior year, having 4 on the roster is brutal. Need to take 2 in 2023 class no matter what.

Advertisement
Both have ridiculous ceilings. Two completely different players. Young looks like Sony Michel. Fletcher has some Willis Mcgahee/Najee Hariss to his game
It's like the who's the best 2023 wr argument when the real answer is you want all of the top guys. They're both studs and you can't lose taking either or

Why not? Doesn’t look like we’ll get one this class. If we do, I don’t think we’ll sign a game breaker. So, 2023 becomes critical to signing a stud or 2. Chaney might have one more year with us, rooster is not a starter all season long and Franklin is a serviceable backup.
I don't we'll take two HS recruits. One HS kid and one portal is more realistic in my opinion.

They have to take 2 - we only have 5 RBs on the roster and there's a possibility that Rooster and Chaney leaves next year. Even if one of them returns for senior year, having 4 on the roster is brutal. Need to take 2 in 2023 class no matter what.
Agreed. One HS kid and one portal player

Stop with rooster, he can start all game. He showed that this year. Just stop using him in goal line. He’s electric and should be on field in some capacity most of the offensive snaps

Advertisement
Mario likes a run first offense so need to stack backs

This dude is Chaney type recruit. Going to have every program after him and we have to convince him to stay home

Last edited:
Advertisement
Looks like Brian Robinson from Bama in limited clips I watched

We have a chance with any of these guys?
Can we stack ol first? Getting talent at the RB position has never been an issue but with Mario run first o, we need a ol to move the los

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back