2023 RB Mark Fletcher (commits to OSU* & De-Commits)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Too early to tell...

I would guess yes, but there will be questions if Mastro is the RB’s coach how he’ll fair given that he’s never recruited in FL in his career, but maybe Mario & BMac will handle the RB recruiting idk.

If Hickson is retained as our RB’s coach I think we’d definitely land 1 or 2 of’em, but if not, we should get still get one.

But it’s too early to know off the bat where we stand with any of them, but I would imagine with Mario being the recruiter he is that we’ll figure out how to get one of them, we’ll see.
Hickson was one of the maybe 3 coaches I thought should get a fair look, recruited very well and RB has not been the problem area on this team.

CORAL GABLES, Fla. - Plantation American Heritage Top247 running back Mark Fletcher has been high on Miami in the past, and it sounds like despite the coaching changes that will continue to be the case.

At Elite Prospect Day on Saturday, Fletcher, who claims to be 6-foot-2, 230-pounds right now, got a chance to meet Kevin Smith for the first time. His early impressions were positive.

“Oh man, he’s cool,” Fletcher told InsideTheU after the visit Saturday. “All I’ve been hearing is great things about him from multiple people, even people I’ve known for a long time like my running backs coach. Everybody is telling me great things about him. I’m excited.”

It didn’t take long for Smith to contact Fletcher after he took the UM job.

“As soon as he got hired I heard from him. As soon as he got hired, a couple hours later he had hit my phone,” Fletcher said. “He said I’m a freak and he likes my speed and I can catch out of the backfield. Anybody can get better and that’s what he wants to help me do.”

The junior also came away liking what he saw and heard from Mario Cristobal. “That man is funny. He looks a little more intimidating. That man is a jokester. You can tell he’s really serious about changing things around here. I’m excited to see what he does with it this following year,” Fletcher said. The nation’s No. 11 running back was close with Eric Hickson, who is now at FIU coaching running backs for the Panthers, but his departure doesn’t impact the way he’s feeling about the hometown school.

“Miami is forever going to be in the top. I’m just excited to see what they’re going to do this year because it’s almost about that time for me to make a decision,” Fletcher said. It sounds like the tailback could sit back and wait until the very end of next recruiting cycle before announcing where he wants to go. What Fletcher saw this off-season with coaches moving around plays a huge role in that decision.

“I’m going to wait it out until Signing Day and wait it out because coaches get new jobs and all that and make sure everything is set in stone first before I make a decision,” Fletcher said. As of now, Fletcher doesn’t have any other visits in mind.

Last edited:
CORAL GABLES, Fla. - Plantation American Heritage Top247 running back Mark Fletcher has been high on Miami in the past, and it sounds like despite the coaching changes that will continue to be the case.

At Elite Prospect Day on Saturday, Fletcher, who claims to be 6-foot-2, 230-pounds right now, got a chance to meet Kevin Smith for the first time. His early impressions were positive.

“Oh man, he’s cool,” Fletcher told InsideTheU after the visit Saturday. “All I’ve been hearing is great things about him from multiple people, even people I’ve known for a long time like my running backs coach. Everybody is telling me great things about him. I’m excited.”

“As soon as he got hired I heard from him. As soon as he got hired, a couple hours later he had hit my phone,” Fletcher said. “He said I’m a freak and he likes my speed and I can catch out of the backfield. Anybody can get better and that’s what he wants to help me do.”

The junior also came away liking what he saw and heard from Mario Cristobal. “That man is funny. He looks a little more intimidating. That man is a jokester. You can tell he’s really serious about changing things around here. I’m excited to see what he does with it this following year,” Fletcher said. The nation’s No. 11 running back was close with Eric Hickson, who is now at FIU coaching running backs for the Panthers, but his departure doesn’t impact the way he’s feeling about the hometown school.

“Miami is forever going to be in the top. I’m just excited to see what they’re going to do this year because it’s almost about that time for me to make a decision,” Fletcher said. It sounds like the tailback could sit back and wait until the very end of next recruiting cycle before announcing where he wants to go. What Fletcher saw this off-season with coaches moving around plays a huge role in that decision.

“I’m going to wait it out until Signing Day and wait it out because coaches get new jobs and all that and make sure everything is set in stone first before I make a decision,” Fletcher said. As of now, Fletcher doesn’t have any other visits in mind.
Sounds like a good kid. Feels like we will try and add 2 RBs in the 2023 class.

Advertisement

Smart decision and great reason to hold out and wait until signing day.

I am a huge Fletcher fan. He is legit 6’2, 230 and lean. Nasty blocker who can run and catch.

Modern-day Alonzo Highsmith. Pair him with a big-time runner and you are set.
Any player that forces IMG to adjust their gameplan to stop them is the player I want.

I think Richard Young is significantly better than Mark Fletcher.

I like Samuel Singleton more than Fletcher too.

But all 4 are great, take whichever one we can get.
I agree I dont want Fletcher though those AH boys like to fuq us and give us regular kids not the stars. Bring me Young and Singleton and let those kids have there dik in their hand and try to circle back. U know me I like the speed and those other 2 run away from people, no more of the days of guys getting chased from behind. I hate that sometimes we are back up plans for kids so im hoping for Young then Singleton, Fletcher looks good as a HS back but I just have concern about that type of burst at this level. I wouldnt be mad if hes in the class but I have those 2 higher on the board but what do I know I could be wrong. Maybe im biased cause of our previous relations with AH which I kind of get, let me be in my emotions lol.

Advertisement
I agree I dont want Fletcher though those AH boys like to fuq us and give us regular kids not the stars. Bring me Young and Singleton and let those kids have there dik in their hand and try to circle back. U know me I like the speed and those other 2 run away from people, no more of the days of guys getting chased from behind. I hate that sometimes we are back up plans for kids so im hoping for Young then Singleton, Fletcher looks good as a HS back but I just have concern about that type of burst at this level. I wouldnt be mad if hes in the class but I have those 2 higher on the board but what do I know I could be wrong. Maybe im biased cause of our previous relations with AH which I kind of get, let me be in my emotions lol.
I bet you liked Lingard a lot.

Modern-day Alonzo Highsmith.

Wow, if this comes to be anywhere remotely true... To this day, I think the Bratton-Highsmith backfield is the best ever at the U. But I'm biased to this era since this is when I really got into the Canes.

Fletcher is exactly the type of back we need as we build this OL. Big back like Bama and UGA usually tout on the field

Advertisement
Fletcher is exactly the type of back we need as we build this OL. Big back like Bama and UGA usually tout on the field
If we do end up going after 2 backs this cycle he is exactly the type of change of pace back you want for a speed/shifty guy. Then when 4th quarter comes, you absolutely beat the **** out of the other defense.

Young seems like the type that is going to bounce OOS. I like Young better but obviously Fletcher isn’t anyone to sneeze at either. Maybe he’s the one that starts rebuilding that AH relationship for us

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back