Confirmed RB Coach Tim Harris Jr

It hurt watching the FIU highlights vs UM.
I had forgotten how cringe-worthy bad we looked on that day, especially in that sht-hole baseball stadium.
& never forget, Adidas giving FIU a special jersey for that night themed….”Miami Nights.” The silver lining in those highlights were seeing a RB taught good patience, vision, & hard running….but, I got sick watching that all over again.

Advertisement
Problem is - he's listed at 6-0 175. That's like Mark Pope playing RB. He's got A LOT of filling out to do. Hard to project a RB with WR frame.
Christopher Johnson graduated at a listed 5'11, 178lbs. Blazing speed but still. This kid won't graduate for another 15 months. He won't see the field for 2 1/2 years from now at earliest. (R-Fr). Think he can put on 15-20 lbs in that time.

Thank you my Cane Brother
No problem man. It's the only way I can watch Youtube now a days with all the **** ads they're putting before and during videos. Plus it blocks cookies and trackers from any other sites you might be browsing. Just as good if not better than Chrome, Firefox, or any other of the big name internet browsers.

Liberace
Rock Hudson
Mark Harris
Tennessee Williams

You know, the usual NYSOM suspects.
listening nod GIF by HUANG'S WORLD

Advertisement
Christopher Johnson graduated at a listed 5'11, 178lbs. Blazing speed but still. This kid won't graduate for another 15 months. He won't see the field for 2 1/2 years from now at earliest. (R-Fr). Think he can put on 15-20 lbs in that time.

CJ I see as a RB/WR hyrbid utility type player. I don't know if he's a straight up RB and think him filling out is pretty iffy.

Guys like Pope, Parrish, Knighton, Yearby, etc - they just never filled out much and IMO it limited the ceiling of what they could be. Some dudes just stay lanky.

Even if CWH puts on 15 lbs to get to 6-0 190, that's still really thin for a RB. I'm not saying he can't or won't add some bulk - I'm just saying his body type makes him harder to project.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Mines to.

Just wanted to say...folks locally speak on south florida coaches climbing the ladder int he coaching world....this is one of the ones you would want to be put in the position from a coaching prespective.
Respected his dad for years now. Great football family!

I dont agree with your take either.

You cant really say recruiting in the rb room is a problem when you have put up a fence locally and landed the best backs coming out in your area going on 3 classes.

Now what they do after they come to your school is a different variable (OL, OFFENSIVE PLAYCALLING, INJURIES) but its no question we have landed them..**** the only questioned one as of recent was Henry parrish when folks were wondering should we have taken 3 of them...and we STILL ended up getting him back in the portal.

S.FLa pumps out backs yearly...a competent coach can land them...Tim Harris locally is wayyyy above competency level. In state he can do well there too...From being around Brandon a lil bit and knowing how Ice is/was i dont think he would have any difficulty nationally recruiting either or helping us recruit at other positions.
We are not discussing the same thing.

Getting non-Top 100 local backs should be the bare minimum our RB coach should be able to accomplish. Most RB Coaches we have had have been able to get them. Landing those outside of the Top 100 RBs locally isn't putting up a fence locally, either. The reason we've been getting those guys is because they aren't those highly coveted, throw the war chest at them players. ****, we had 4 of them of the roster last year and we were 95th in YPC and YPG.

Over the past 20 years, the (Dade, Broward, PBC) Top 100 RBs we've had enroll here (so I'm not out here listing Shady McCoy or Lorenzo Lingard)...

Duke Johnson, Charlie Jones, Bobby Washington, Tyrone Moss, Joseph Yearby, Lamar Miller, Mark Walton.

Just outside the Top 100, Jaylan Knighton, Don Chaney.

IMO, there are 2 that lived up to the bill...Duke and Lamar Miller. A couple others were ... fine.

Top 100 players we missed out on (using On3 consensus because 247 is being a ***** rn)...

James Cook, Dalvin Cook, Sony Michel, Kelvin Taylor, Greg Bryant (RIP), Alex Collins, Devonta Freeman (just outside the Top 100), Jamaal Berry, Armando Allen, Antwain Easterling.

Those two lists look very different to me and I can not understand how you can look at those lists and not think our RB recruiting has been spotty even locally. We've had a couple of dudes, but lots of busts and some just good players. Getting the occasional dude and then some outside the Top 100 players is just bare minimum and saying "if Tim Harris does THAT..." to me, that is the competency level...to say he is way above that (which he could be), is that he's landing Dalvin Cook, Alex Collins, Devonta Freeman locally...OR...we're getting those big ticket backs nationally AND they pan out (no Lo Lingards and other bill of goods backs).

These "we put the fence up!" backs that've landed in the past few years...Thad Franklin (outside the Top 250), Knighton and Chaney (outside the Top 100), Cam Harris (mid-hundreds). That's not good enough by any measure, two of them (maybe 3, we'll see) didn't or won't finish their career here.

Advertisement
Back