Confirmed RB Coach Tim Harris Jr

Advertisement
We are not discussing the same thing.

Getting non-Top 100 local backs should be the bare minimum our RB coach should be able to accomplish. Most RB Coaches we have had have been able to get them. Landing those outside of the Top 100 RBs locally isn't putting up a fence locally, either. The reason we've been getting those guys is because they aren't those highly coveted, throw the war chest at them players. ****, we had 4 of them of the roster last year and we were 95th in YPC and YPG.

Over the past 20 years, the (Dade, Broward, PBC) Top 100 RBs we've had enroll here (so I'm not out here listing Shady McCoy or Lorenzo Lingard)...

Duke Johnson, Charlie Jones, Bobby Washington, Tyrone Moss, Joseph Yearby, Lamar Miller, Mark Walton.

Just outside the Top 100, Jaylan Knighton, Don Chaney.

IMO, there are 2 that lived up to the bill...Duke and Lamar Miller. A couple others were ... fine.

Top 100 players we missed out on (using On3 consensus because 247 is being a ***** rn)...

James Cook, Dalvin Cook, Sony Michel, Kelvin Taylor, Greg Bryant (RIP), Alex Collins, Devonta Freeman (just outside the Top 100), Jamaal Berry, Armando Allen, Antwain Easterling.

Those two lists look very different to me and I can not understand how you can look at those lists and not think our RB recruiting has been spotty even locally. We've had a couple of dudes, but lots of busts and some just good players. Getting the occasional dude and then some outside the Top 100 players is just bare minimum and saying "if Tim Harris does THAT..." to me, that is the competency level...to say he is way above that (which he could be), is that he's landing Dalvin Cook, Alex Collins, Devonta Freeman locally...OR...we're getting those big ticket backs nationally AND they pan out (no Lo Lingards and other bill of goods backs).

These "we put the fence up!" backs that've landed in the past few years...Thad Franklin (outside the Top 250), Knighton and Chaney (outside the Top 100), Cam Harris (mid-hundreds). That's not good enough by any measure, two of them (maybe 3, we'll see) didn't or won't finish their career here.
Well im going to stand by prioritizing the best rbs in the tri county.

Your post even helped the cause ...you just listed 8 or 9 nfl veterans....with a few who careers arent done yet.

Thad Franklin and Jaylan Knightons are takes EVERY year to me. I still think Knioghton is an above avg player..the variables hit Thad Franklin...but i stated when we landed him...hes a VOLUME carrier...hes not a guy that will do work in a heavy run rotation. He would ALWAYS have games of 20-30 carries in high school...hes a scheme fit and a guy that should of picked a school in the big 10 or a school that he would feature at...probably why he went to Louisiana Monroe...work ethic and scheme fits are a thing though..

Ive also stated that i believe Tim Harris is a good recruiter REGARDLESS if its local targets or not...and Im not against national or other in state backs...PRIORITIZing locally at rb is a must stilll because this area is still kicking out nfl level backs yearly....My fav back in last years cycle reallyw as a so flo kid (Boynton Beach) but played at Orlando Edgewater ...CJ Baxter.

In last cycle on 247 top 25 backs in the country.........5 of them are from less than an hour n half from univ of miami. So far in this years cycle early rankings...guess what....5 of the top 25 AGAIN are from south florida.

Over the past 20 years, the (Dade, Broward, PBC) Top 100 RBs we've had enroll here (so I'm not out here listing Shady McCoy or Lorenzo Lingard)...

Duke Johnson, Charlie Jones, Bobby Washington, Tyrone Moss, Joseph Yearby, Lamar Miller, Mark Walton.
You can’t leave Lingard out and include Washington. Lingard actually logged some carries at Miami. Bobby Washington never did.

Your post even helped the cause ...you just listed 8 or 9 nfl veterans....with a few who careers arent done yet.

Thad Franklin and Jaylan Knightons are takes EVERY year to me. I still think Knioghton is an above avg player..the variables hit Thad Franklin...but i stated when we landed him...hes a VOLUME carrier...hes not a guy that will do work in a heavy run rotation. He would ALWAYS have games of 20-30 carries in high school...hes a scheme fit and a guy that should of picked a school in the big 10 or a school that he would feature at...probably why he went to Louisiana Monroe...work ethic and scheme fits are a thing though..

Ive also stated that i believe Tim Harris is a good recruiter REGARDLESS if its local targets or not...and Im not against national or other in state backs...PRIORITIZing locally at rb is a must stilll because this area is still kicking out nfl level backs yearly....My fav back in last years cycle reallyw as a so flo kid (Boynton Beach) but played at Orlando Edgewater ...CJ Baxter.

In last cycle on 247 top 25 backs in the country.........5 of them are from less than an hour n half from univ of miami. So far in this years cycle early rankings...guess what....5 of the top 25 AGAIN are from south florida.
We're still not talking about that same thing. Of course you want the best players in your area...but we need to be prioritizing Top 100s...this is not reinventing the wheel, but we need to get more of these guys in the room and if they are from South Florida, cool. It should be a top priority, and Tim Harris should be judged based on whether he lands those types of running backs. But, getting more Knightons, Franklins, Cam Harris, Joe Yearby types is what we've already been doing for like 20 years with only few elite studs panning out at a position that had 4 studs in the same room 22 years ago.

You're talkin about guys, I'm talkin about dudes.

You can’t leave Lingard out and include Washington. Lingard actually logged some carries at Miami. Bobby Washington never did.
Of course I can leave out Lingard, we are talking about Tri County (Miami, Broward, Palm Beach) Running Backs...Lorenzo Lingard is north of Orlando, b.

If you added in Miami's Top 100 from OUT of the Tri-County Area its a blood bath, brother. Lo Lingard, Andrew Johnson, Kylan Robinson...its ******* disgusting. Gross. We got all the bad ones.

Advertisement
Of course I can leave out Lingard, we are talking about Tri County (Miami, Broward, Palm Beach) Running Backs...Lorenzo Lingard is north of Orlando, b.

If you added in Miami's Top 100 from OUT of the Tri-County Area its a blood bath, brother. Lo Lingard, Andrew Johnson, Kylan Robinson...its ***** disgusting. Gross. We got all the bad ones.
Okay, I missed the geographical point about Lingard. I get that.

But Bobby Washington never played for UM.

Agree. I was at the chaminade vs u school game. Franklin showed as much talent as Kenny McIntosh who ran w/ a worse oline than Franklin, but was an older player.

Saw Knighton in a playoff game look like a future big time player too.

need another 3 year run of prospects as prolific as Duke, Collins, Cook/Michel.

Last edited:
Cant wait to hire tim harriss the 3rd. Aka ICE ICE BABY
@CFLCane

fox tv help GIF by 9-1-1 on FOX

We’re going to have to take you in for this one. That was a bad joke pal.

tv land juvenile delinquent GIF by #Impastor

Take some time to cool off and reflect on the poor decision you made. We know you can do better.

@Science @WaterburyCane good looking out. It’s been a while since we’ve had to make an arrest.

Advertisement
Don't understand this idea that Tim Harris can recruit locally but not pull in big time players from across the country. You guys think he's going to suck at the easier job?

Advertisement
Recruiting outside of the circus that is south florida.
Ok, that's what I figured lol.

Sounds like recruiting in South Florida is something that Harris will excel in, hopefully. He doesn't have the resume or experience to suggest that he can recruit nationally at RB or at any other position.

It should be a top priority, and Tim Harris should be judged based on whether he lands those types of running backs. But, getting more Knightons, Franklins, Cam Harris, Joe Yearby types is what we've already been doing for like 20 years with only few elite studs panning out at a position that had 4 studs in the same room 22 years ago.

@BoxingRobes - excellent points. I couldn't agree with you more.

@gogeta4 - we've had 1 RB (Duke) taken on Day 1 & 2 in the last 18 NFL drafts. That's embarrassing. Why do you not want this to change?

I'll put it this way - a legit RB should average 5.5+ ypc in college (Of course this stat isn't 100% accurate - but it's right 85-90% of the time).

Since Duke left, here's our Tri-County RB's ypc We're hitting at 10%

Homer - 6.0
Yearby - 5.4
Cam - 5.3
Thad - 5.2
Walton - 5.1
Choc - 4.9
Parrish - 4.9
Burns - 4.6
Chaney - 4.6
Knighton - 4.3

Advertisement
We're still not talking about that same thing. Of course you want the best players in your area...but we need to be prioritizing Top 100s...this is not reinventing the wheel, but we need to get more of these guys in the room and if they are from South Florida, cool. It should be a top priority, and Tim Harris should be judged based on whether he lands those types of running backs. But, getting more Knightons, Franklins, Cam Harris, Joe Yearby types is what we've already been doing for like 20 years with only few elite studs panning out at a position that had 4 studs in the same room 22 years ago.

I hear you now.

Its kinda moot though (my point) cause Mario is offering rbs from every **** where already...i remember around this time one or 2 offers else where would usually be out to national guys etc....

We need DUDES....Fletcher to me is a dude.....Baxter and Young were dudes i get it...The early hype on Citizen was that he looks different.

I personally think folks are selling tim harris short as just a s.fla guy...he has cache in s.fla and should focus here..but like i said meeting and hanging around the brother last year almost daily. int he spring..they are pretty cool dudes like you can just tell their coachs kids cause they seem to kind of do everything in a professional way.....i think he can lock up some kids at the rb spot.

What also wasnt posted either that we could/should always be a portal destination as well...just dont think we may need much portal rbs as we fill the room unless we get jr draft entries with the way he is building up his lines.

Every cycle is different the reasons we got Joe Yearby, Cam Harris types each had their own variables. I always LOL when folks said we "missed" on Dalvin Cook.....we NEVER had a real shot....Dalvin early int he game committed to Clemson of all places ..does that sound like a kid UM bound?..Yearby was taken because Coley knew Cook was headed to FSU so he made sure he landed someone...Yearby rushed for 1k here to i believe. Sony Michel bought..we MISSED on Devonta Freeman though because Uncle Luke tried to deliver him to us and we slow played an basically passed...which goes back to my point...we passed because we likely thought he was the regular degular s.fla rb until he wasnt.

@BoxingRobes - excellent points. I couldn't agree with you more.

@gogeta4 - we've had 1 RB (Duke) taken on Day 1 & 2 in the last 18 NFL drafts. That's embarrassing. Why do you not want this to change?

I'll put it this way - a legit RB should average 5.5+ ypc in college (Of course this stat isn't 100% accurate - but it's right 85-90% of the time).

Since Duke left, here's our Tri-County RB's ypc We're hitting at 10%

Homer - 6.0
Yearby - 5.4
Cam - 5.3
Thad - 5.2
Walton - 5.1
Choc - 4.9
Parrish - 4.9
Burns - 4.6
Chaney - 4.6
Knighton - 4.3
The nfl is drafting rbs differently at this time. Me personally i dont care where running backs get drafted in the nfl as long as they hit over that 5 ypc and over 1k rushing for the year for us.

I know RB is your specialty...OL/DL is mine. But rb and OL kind of go hand in hand imo.

I hear you there too though..

Chaney , Knighton, Thad, Parrish careers arent over yet so they are unfinished with over 2+ years of play time.

Homer, Walton were nfl backs. Walton likely would have been one for longer if not mental health. Cam for whatever reason i always thought without injury he would be drafted. His avg would be close to your numbers but for whatever reason dude would bust long runs here...and had he finished his year im thinking that would of ended up with him getting drafted in the later rounds if we going for draft.

I dont mind a mix of s.fla best with complete DOGS if your going out of state. We aint been hitting well when we go out of state as of late either.. DEEJAY Dallas was a dawg to me though.

Advertisement
Back