Confirmed RB Coach Tim Harris Jr

Fph8JUCaQAAywvA

Advertisement
so, he's got the local recruiting down, any word on how he recruits nationally?? is he an overall relatable/trusted guy to the kids from anywhere??

I don't know the guy personally or not even from 2nd or 3rd-hand experience.
But when you consider he coached at a high-profile high school which not only played against big programs from
throughout the state but nationally as well, there is no reason why he wouldn't be able to recruit nationally if/when he
is tasked to do so.
He has worked for good coaches, coached some very productive RBs, and even earned a degree in English at the UM.
He has a story to tell recruits and at the end of the day that is important.
Back in the day my old hs coach Joe Brodsky went from coaching at Hialeah-Miami Lakes HS to recruiting nationally under
Lou Saban, Schnellenberger and Jimmy Johnson, and this was pre-internet, HUDL, 7v7, ESPN, etc days.
Similar with other local coaches Chris Vagotis, Jerry Andersen, and Don Soldinger.
Harris will do fine, IMO.

REally? Got them mixed up. Thought it was Horace Morris. Then again, the video is recorded with a potato so it's hard to tell.
Lol yeah. Ice and Mad Max have very distinct voices so I don't even need video to tell who is who. This whole doc is full of characters.

Seems that Mario has made a concerted effort to hire a more low-profile, almost humble bunch this go-round with his hires. There is a little less personality and notoriety with these latest hires. Judging from some of @Cribby's comments, it seems that Mario wants more "team-first" guys than "me" guys.

Advertisement
These are two great posts.

They don’t have to have worked directly with Dawson, but I’m certain he’s asking/vetting if the candidates can actually teach his offensive philosophy.

I personally didn’t think he’d leave UCF to come here, so this must be one sweet deal for Harris Jr

What made you think that about UCF?

Cribby being a step ahead of me here. **** work, I'm glad I can get on the toilet for a moment.

Co-OC always means you are involved in the offense. UCF has been running the kind of spread scheme that we have craved for many years. Plus, the RBs he got and developed all played very well throughout his career at other spots.

I like these hires.

Not to argue, but aren’t there current threads floating around that some titles like Co-OC are often extras and not always overly meaningful in the duties department?

This appears not to be the case for Harris Jr based on other posts in the thread.

Advertisement
We wanted a young, hungry coach who can relate to players and recruit. Feel like we got that in this guy.

I speak with a national dude very involved in coaching searches/hires and he told me last year "only concern is too many lions in the den" with the previous staff. Meaning, a lot of guys with ego who feel they're on the fast track to being promoted to either coordinators or head coaches. I think we saw a lot of that play out last season. We assembled a version of what we thought was the Avengers, but they didn't really gel, especially when **** started to go south on the field.

I think Mario is taking the opposite approach this time. Less lions. More dudes who aren't quite as power hungry. Now, this isn't to disparage work ethic at all. There's a big difference. But I don't think a guy like Tim Harris is taking this job thinking, "OK, 1-2 years here and I'll be a P5 OC, and then I can see myself as an FBS head coach in 3-4 years". I think he's totally fine where he is, if he winds up moving up, great. But he's not going to put his personal goals above the betterment of the program. Dawson strikes me as the same. Guidry strikes me as the same, and I think the fact he knows he's got more DUI's than Marshall had sacks last year tells him he already made his bed with any sort of rapid coaching ascent.

We tried the Yankees model, it didn't work. I think Mario is making a concerted effort to take the Rays model this time.

Advertisement
Seems that Mario has made a concerted effort to hire a more low-profile, almost humble bunch this go-round with his hires. There is a little less personality and notoriety with these latest hires. Judging from some of @Cribby's comments, it seems that Mario wants more "team-first" guys than "me" guys.

Mario clearly learning on the job and adapting quickly.

I speak with a national dude very involved in coaching searches/hires and he told me last year "only concern is too many lions in the den" with the previous staff. Meaning, a lot of guys with ego who feel they're on the fast track to being promoted to either coordinators or head coaches. I think we saw a lot of that play out last season. We assembled a version of what we thought was the Avengers, but they didn't really gel, especially when **** started to go south on the field.

I think Mario is taking the opposite approach this time. Less lions. More dudes who aren't quite as power hungry. Now, this isn't to disparage work ethic at all. There's a big difference. But I don't think a guy like Tim Harris is taking this job thinking, "OK, 1-2 years here and I'll be a P5 OC, and then I can see myself as an FBS head coach in 3-4 years". I think he's totally fine where he is, if he winds up moving up, great. But he's not going to put his personal goals above the betterment of the program. Dawson strikes me as the same. Guidry strikes me as the same, and I think the fact he knows he's got more DUI's than Marshall had sacks last year tells him he already made his bed with any sort of rapid coaching ascent.

We tried the Yankees model, it didn't work. I think Mario is making a concerted effort to take the Rays model this time.

image.jpeg

Advertisement
I think the last 3 classes we have landed the best rbs in dade or broward.
I dont think we been spotty at all...

We just may have to land 1 or2 national rbs but if hes the guy i dont think he would have a problem. I think if Brandon gets on he will be a fast riser as well...they are classic coaches kids...kind of like a Deriq King.

I don't agree.

We've had 2 Top 100 running backs hit in 20 years (Duke and Lamar).

We've had some good players but a lack of true elite talent/production from a position we should always be stacked with.

Well see what happens with Fletcher, Johnson, and Citizen (not SoFla...)...and the recent players we still have on the roster (Parrish/Chaney)..but none of them really qualify as those Top 100 studs...I think Tim's got to show he can not only land one...but get the expected productivity out of one.

I think he can...but can and do are two different things.

I don't agree.

We've had 2 Top 100 running backs hit in 20 years (Duke and Lamar).

We've had some good players but a lack of true elite talent/production from a position we should always be stacked with.

Well see what happens with Fletcher, Johnson, and Citizen (not SoFla...)...and the recent players we still have on the roster (Parrish/Chaney)..but none of them really qualify as those Top 100 studs...I think Tim's got to show he can not only land one...but get the expected productivity out of one.

I think he can...but can and do are two different things.

The OL is going to make a lot of RB's and coaches look pretty good IMO. Well, let's hope so anyway.

Advertisement
Back