NFL Ravens fans

Absolutely LOVE the Charlie Kolar & Isaiah Likely picks!

Both were incredibly productive in college & tested very well athletically.

Kolar at 6’6 260 ran a 4.63 at the combine & had the highest yards per catch against Man coverage by any TE in the draft. He’s freaking route magician with excellent hands, only had 2 drops over the last two seasons at Iowa ST.

Likely had high level production with phenomenal athletic upside, big time pickups!

Advertisement

The Good:
- Highly productive; Had 21 PBU’s & 163tcks in 3 years as a starter, plus had 7INT’s in JUCO
- Experienced; played Juco ball & started for 3 years at Houston after transferring
- Gritty/Tough; Plays with aggression in Press man, gets up underneath WR’s & agitates all game long
- Good footwork; quick shuffle when closing out & changing direction, plays with his eyes & not his body
- Good football IQ/Smart; understands routes & anticipates breaks, plays football based on his film study & not just athleticism, understands the game
- Sound technique, especially in short area coverage & intermediate routes
- Willing tackler

The Bad:
- Undersized, being 5’10 is fine, but has small hands & still hasn’t filled out his physical frame yet
- Lacks raw speed; is a mid 4.5 kid, quick in short area, but lacks long speed/extra gear
- Due to lack of speed will struggle covering deep routes
- Due to lack of athletic traits tends to overcompensate in coverage by giving away too much leverage; Allows WR’s to get too much depth in routes before engaging, but makes up for it with good anticipation & physicality
- Can get grabby sometimes (Call HR lol j/k)
- Gets frantic in coverage due to over aggression

Overall is a solid Nickel Corner, good depth piece & replacement for Tavon Young

The Good:
- Prototype length, he’s a legit 6’1/6’2 197lbs kid with good physical frame
- A+ Speed, ran a 4.39 40 at the combine
- Upside player, only started one year in college
- Has good close out speed in covering distance on deep routes, good route recovery
- Active hands in phase
- Good tackler
- Has quick feet
- Good ball skills
- Excels in off Zone coverage

The Bad:
- Inexperienced, only started one year
- Despite his natural speed & quick feet, sometimes has Hip stiffness in transition having to open & track down the field
- Has the raw foot speed to never get beat, but gets beat because his technique is sometimes undisciplined
- Plays off balance sometimes, needs to be more concise with recognition in Press man
- Needs to clean up his steps coming out of the gate, too many unnecessary false steps in his backpedal

Overall is a good upside pick, poor man’s Carlton Davis to his game, better than Anthony Averett was coming out of Bama who was also a 4th round pick by the Ravens & that’s basically who he’s replacing.

Rushed 1,604yds & 14TD’s with 54rec 330yds & 4TD receiving last year.

He’s an undersized kid at 5’8 195, but ran a 4.45 40 at the combine, which was in the top 3 fastest among the RB’s.

For a 6th round pick, we basically just picked up a 3rd round talent, he will THRIVE in the Ravens offense.

The difference between him & Justice Hill, is he runs way harder & has far better contact balance. Hill was a speedster who is a finesse runner, Badie is a speedster who is a physical downhill runner that runs towards contact.

This was a really good pick for us.

Okay. I really like the Jones and Ojabo picks in those spots. I'm amending my grade to a C+.

You have no WRs so call Pittsburgh if you want one of ours for a 1 next year.

Advertisement
Okay. I really like the Jones and Ojabo picks in those spots. I'm amending my grade to a C+.

You have no WRs so call Pittsburgh if you want one of ours for a 1 next year.
Go Away Leave GIF by Martin

Edit: we'd take a receiver actually

Advertisement
This is a Ravens draft class.

After every pick, you're like "yup, that is exactly what the Ravens would do."

First five picks will start football games for Baltimore before their rookie deals are up.

Wanted my squad to get Travis Jones badbad by R3. He's a dude.
All we were missing was a WR & I would have liked for us to get a CB earlier, but I can’t complain too much.

I really like the Jags picks of Lloyd & Muma, both are two very high grade LB’s who should fit well in Caldwell’s Defense.

Lloyd has skill parallels to Lavonte David who Caldwell is familiar with, but he’s the same size as Alec Ogletree physically.

All we were missing was a WR & I would have liked for us to get a CB earlier, but I can’t complain too much.

I really like the Jags picks of Lloyd & Muma, both are two very high grade LB’s who should fit well in Caldwell’s Defense.

Lloyd has skill parallels to Lavonte David who Caldwell is familiar with, but he’s the same size as Alec Ogletree physically.

They swung for the fences with Walker...we'll see how it turns out. In theory he should be a high floor guy with his versatility and ability against the run. Wouldn't have been who I'd have taken, but after seeing their draft strategy...again, wouldn't have been mine, but...I at least respect what they were doing, which was finishing the front seven. A guy on Twitter lined up the Buccaneer defense and the Jacksonville defense with personnel, and this draft finished up the holes that were left. So, I get it. Also, after Walker, they went safe contributors or better, IMO. Lloyd is a Day 1 starter on a lot of NFL teams. Fortner is a day one starter, but thats a by product of having nothing at LG/C. I thought Fortner was a bit of an overdraft, but he'll probably be a starter almost immediately, so we'll see. Muma isn't a Day 1 starter, but he'll contribute sooner rather than later.

Wouldn't shock me if Snoop Conner makes the team, too. The player from nowheresville Arkansas is supposedly a good corner, too. Junior. Haven't seen him play at all.

He basically played in the same offense at Coast Carolina as what Greg Roman runs, so he’s going to really thrive in BMore.

Advertisement
Advertisement
3 canes with hugely pivotal roles on that D.
Ed Reed wasn’t on the 2000 Defense, but your point still stands further down the line because his addition to the team solidified & continued on what was built in 2000 & extrapolated it out until the 2010’s.

Broncos fan…He’s on the back end of his career of course but still a high IQ guy, I remember hearing he’s a super film junky so that should add to the db room. His long speed isn’t there anymore, he got beat on a deep ball i wanna say 3 of the first 4 games of the year but would tighten up for the rest of the game most of their times. PS2 ended up moving into his spot when Darby got back. Then he moved to nickel when bryce got hurt late in the year and was surprisingly solid there after never playing nickel in the league before. He has great awareness and is a good tackler, if he has any athleticism left he can provide solid snaps if needed

Advertisement
Back