Raul "Popo" Aguirre Film Review: Coming Home

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

music video drake GIF

We havenā€™t had Popoā€™s attitude in a long time. There is an old story that Michael Irvin was watching a UM practice his senior year of high school. When asked what he was doing, Irvin replied ā€œlooking to see whose spot I am taking next yearā€.

We havenā€™t had Popoā€™s attitude in a long time. There is an old story that Michael Irvin was watching a UM practice his senior year of high school. When asked what he was doing, Irvin replied ā€œlooking to see whose spot I am taking next yearā€.
Yes we haveā€¦ sorry for ****tin on your parade but these posts happen every single year. I think Popo is a stud but we hear this bravado talk every single class.

Advertisement
Here are the highlights of the interview:

ā€œEverything was good, I had a great visit,ā€ . ā€œComing in early in the morning, I spent time with my family and my brothers. Hard fought loss. It was a good team, but there are definitely things we can clean up. I say we because Iā€™m putting myself in that family already.ā€

- Instead of viewing the Hurricanesā€™ season negatively, he sees it as an opportunity to come in and revitalize a historic program and make an early impact.

ā€œWe all see how open the door is and what Miami is like,ā€ ā€œLike what coach Cristobal first said, when the U is on, itā€™s like no other. We all feel like we can come in here and do it. We have talent all around here, so why leave? Put all that stuff together, and we all preach and talk about it every day about what we can come in and do. Iā€™m going to be honest; weā€™re coming in to take peopleā€™s spots.ā€

-He mentions how he was so surprised, yet happy that so many fans recognized him when he got to Hard Rock.

ā€œAs soon as Iā€™m walking down in the stadium, everybodyā€™s yelling, ā€˜Raul or Popoā€™ taking selfies with me, and all of that definitely made it big,ā€ . ā€œEvery time I come to Miami, I get this feeling that itā€™s home, so thatā€™s why I committed and thatā€™s why Iā€™m coming, and weā€™re going to put on.ā€

ā€œWarren Sapp was joking around, saying this is a reunion for you, isnā€™t it? Itā€™s like a family environment. Everybody knows me and has seen me before. Itā€™s definitely just going to make me go back home and put in the work, get my body right to come in and dominate.ā€

Yes we haveā€¦ sorry for ****tin on your parade but these posts happen every single year. I think Popo is a stud but we hear this bravado talk every single class.
I think this is different. Mario is actively telling his recruits to take spots. i know all coaches make similar recruiting pitches but I think Mario is setting up an ā€œyou against themā€ mentality within the team.

Advertisement
I think this is different. Mario is actively telling his recruits to take spots. i know all coaches make similar recruiting pitches but I think Mario is setting up an ā€œyou against themā€ mentality within the team.
I think itā€™s different because Mario is recruiting at a different level but itā€™s the same story. We need to change the culture, get fresh blood. Coach told me that he expects me to come in and compete for the job etc. Randy, Golden and Richt were gonna bring back the old Miami. Diaz was the new Miami. Itā€™s basically all the same message repackaged. Nothing wrong with it but itā€™s not new or different.

I think itā€™s different because Mario is recruiting at a different level but itā€™s the same story. We need to change the culture, get fresh blood. Coach told me that he expects me to come in and compete for the job etc. Randy, Golden and Richt were gonna bring back the old Miami. Diaz was the new Miami. Itā€™s basically all the same message repackaged. Nothing wrong with it but itā€™s not new or different.
duck dynasty GIF

Advertisement
Back