How would you grade it?

• A

• B

• C

• D

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Advertisement
Here is what I'm not gonna do...rate this hire, predict our 2020 record, get excited over spring practice reports or Fr performances. I'll simply wait and see.

If they dont fix our strength and conditioning and each player's fundamentals and understanding of the game we will be here again next offseason.

By the way, Kenneth got very excited when he heard we hired “Lashley”.

He thought it was this guy:

80797012-24F8-4FC4-9487-BCB35EEBD0E1.jpeg

Advertisement
He runs the Auburn offense.

Will Manny be committed and organized enough to run with the pace and tempo this offense needs?

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Tate Martell is our starter next year given his skillset.

You mean his ability to run around in the backfield scared?

Advertisement
Advertisement
A. It's honestly about the best we could have hoped for. Other guys I would have preferred but they wouldn't have come here

Advertisement
It's a B- hire (for now). HUGE concern about the red zone offense. I don't hate the hire, but I'm uneasy about those numbers. His RZ offense was also terrible at UConn. That's now multiple schools where his offense has struggled in the RZ. Malzahn said making him OC was a mistake. Maybe it works out but there are red flags all over the place.

View attachment 107200
One important thing I want you to look at. Look at how many times they scored in the red zone. 55. Look at those ranked "ahead" of them. Nowhere NEAR 55. I think the bigger story is that they MADE it to the **** redzone so many times, even with a low percentage, they STILL scored 55 times. For example, the two teams ahead of them had 68 redzone trips combined. SMU had 72. Seventy freakin two.

B. Happy with his offensive philosophy, but we’ll see how it translates to the Power 5.

Advertisement
Back