• C

• D

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Who would have been an A?
Paul Johnson

1578110459364.png

Advertisement
I have it at a B-//C+. If the guy was really good and revolutionary Auburn would’ve kept him. Also his offense has regressed several times. That being said he has looked pretty **** good a couple times too.

When will the madness End.

I know we’ve all been hounding for Miami to take a walk on the wild side & run actual offensive schematics that complement our local talent.

This being said until this dudes got 13 ballgames under his belt I’m neither crowning nor banding this dude.

As far as Miami Football is concerned I’m in a “ Show me “ state of mind.

8C66FD10-947C-4C3E-843A-ADBBF64464AC.gif

I’m going to say C.

Jump to newWatch
•••
[IMG alt="da truth"]https://www.canesinsight.com/data/avatars/m/8/8797.jpg?1548727135[/IMG]
da truth
Junior

JoinedOct 26, 2013Messages2,352
Jan 11, 2017
Auburn OC leaves to become OC at UConn

Thoughts/insights?

Like Reply

[IMG alt="nystateofmind"]https://www.canesinsight.com/data/avatars/m/6/6299.jpg?1548745984[/IMG]
[U]nystateofmind[/U]
Lover not a Fighter

JoinedDec 30, 2012Messages11,759
Jan 11, 2017
Edsall with a coup.

Lashlee has his flaws but he's way too good for UCONN.

Like Reply

A, he was the top guy that Miami targeted all alone and runs the system exactly what we need right now. Fast offense that gets the ball to playmakers, limits the sacks the offense takes and score anywhere on the field. MORE SPACING in the offense too which helps

Enos was the top guy Manny targeted all along too. People got to stop using that to justify that a hire was a good one. It means nothing. It’s a good hire if the guy is a good football coach, period. On that basis, I think this is a good hire. However, he might not be successful here. I’m concerned that Miami’s issues go much deeper than the OC.

Advertisement
A+
Mandy Shannon just might have saved his job. This OC and the addition of a great kicker will brings him wins. He’s going nowhere if we win 8 regular season games, plus a bowl game. That’s more than doable with our soft schedule

It's a B- hire (for now). HUGE concern about the red zone offense. I don't hate the hire, but I'm uneasy about those numbers. His RZ offense was also terrible at UConn. That's now multiple schools where his offense has struggled in the RZ. Malzahn said making him OC was a mistake. Maybe it works out but there are red flags all over the place.

View attachment 107200

this is such a juvenile way to look at stats. Do you notice anything that stands out there? Didn’t think so. Well I’ll tell you. SMU was in the redzone 72 times this season. That’s good for 3rd I’m the country behind on Oklahoma and tOSU. And, they scored 44 TD’s from the redzone. That’s good for 9th I’m the country.

Why did @nystateofmind disappear from his own thread?

I want to know why he went from "Edsall with a coup" and "Lashlee is way too good for UConn" to "he gets a C grade as a Miami hire".

Maybe it's all of Lashlee's wife's religious tweets.

Where is @nystateofmind ?

Why did @nystateofmind disappear from his own thread?

I want to know why he went from "Edsall with a coup" and "Lashlee is way too good for UConn" to "he gets a C grade as a Miami hire".

Maybe it's all of Lashlee's wife's religious tweets.

Where is @nystateofmind ?

I didn’t disappear.

I up late consoling Kenneth, he was quite upset after finding out we didn’t hire Bobby Lashley, as he initially thought.

I just woke up.

UConn and Miami have very different standards.

He’s an okay hire here.

Advertisement
I didn’t disappear.

I up late consoling Kenneth, he was quite upset after finding out we didn’t hire Bobby Lashley, as he initially thought.

I just woke up.

UConn and Miami have very different standards.

He’s an okay hire here.

You're such a bullsh!tter who is always desperate to be "first".

You didn't say he was "perfect for UConn", you said he was "way too good for UConn" immediately after he left Auburn. And since that time, he had a solid one-year turnaround at UConn, followed by a very good one-year turnaround at SMU.

Don't try to weasel out by claiming that UM and UConn have "very different standards". You liked Lashlee two years ago, he's been nothing but solid since, and now you are giving him a C grade.

Keep consoling your man, and keep your coaching evaluations to yourself. You just follow whatever trending opinion is hot at the moment.

You're such a bullsh!tter who is always desperate to be "first".

You didn't say he was "perfect for UConn", you said he was "way too good for UConn" immediately after he left Auburn. And since that time, he had a solid one-year turnaround at UConn, followed by a very good one-year turnaround at SMU.

Don't try to weasel out by claiming that UM and UConn have "very different standards". You liked Lashlee two years ago, he's been nothing but solid since, and now you are giving him a C grade.

Keep consoling your man, and keep your coaching evaluations to yourself. You just follow whatever trending opinion is hot at the moment.

You seem quite upset, friend.

Perhaps a sponge bath will do the trick.

:)

Who knows??

No way anyone can rate this hire right now

If you could..... you'd have won the lottery several times already.

I'LL RATE IT AFTER THE SEASON IS OVER NOT BEFORE

Advertisement
When will the madness End.

I know we’ve all been hounding for Miami to take a walk on the wild side & run actual offensive schematics that complement our local talent.

This being said until this dudes got 13 ballgames under his belt I’m neither crowning nor banding this dude.

As far as Miami Football is concerned I’m in a “ Show me “ state of mind.

View attachment 107307

Rating a hire is not "crowning: anybody. This is a message board and there's nine months until football. You can say something positive without building a statue for said person

You seem quite upset, friend.

Perhaps a sponge bath will do the trick.

:)

I'm not upset at all, I just find your "change of heart" unconvincing and illustrative of your true nature.

You're entitled to an opinion. But a positive opinion 2 years ago, followed by a negative opinion 2 years later after strong performance, is pretty funny.

A, he was the top guy that Miami targeted all alone and runs the system exactly what we need right now. Fast offense that gets the ball to playmakers, limits the sacks the offense takes and score anywhere on the field. MORE SPACING in the offense too which helps
Agreed Brock. Given the state of TNM, I don’t know who the board thought was coming here with this toxicity. Brady probably sent Manny straight to voice mail - if Manny even thought to call him at all. I’d also give the hire an A, especially since he checks most, if not all the boxes we all hoped would be checked given the offensive woes we continually have dealt with for years now. Now, can he work his magic with teaching and developing a QB? That’s the main question have right now. I’m not sold on the 2 who played this season, nor is Tate the answer I believe either. That leaves Matocha and TVD unless we bring in a grad transfer. I’d like to see this be a completely open competition regardless of seniority. Pick THE best one to run Lashlee’s spread offense and let’s get the ball rolling on that side. I’m giving Manny a pass somewhat on defense if only because he’s proven, against our schedule, that he can field a Top 20 defensive unit. Lashlee gets us to a Top 35ish offense, we roll the Coastal and play in the ACCCG easily.

Advertisement
I'm not upset at all, I just find your "change of heart" unconvincing and illustrative of your true nature.

You're entitled to an opinion. But a positive opinion 2 years ago, followed by a negative opinion 2 years later after strong performance, is pretty funny.

I said “He has his flaws” three years ago.

It wasn’t a ringing endorsement.

My point was more about UConn getting an SEC coordinator.

I said “He has his flaws” three years ago.

It wasn’t a ringing endorsement.

My point was more about UConn getting an SEC coordinator.

Just stop selectively quoting yourself and stop lying.

You said it was a "coup". You said he was far too good for UConn. I'm just pointing out your hypocrisy.

It was absolutely a ringing endorsement.

Now you want to get in tight with the fire-Manny crowd by giving a C grade to an OC hire that you endorsed two years ago.

Hilarious.

Just stop selectively quoting yourself and stop lying.

You said it was a "coup". You said he was far too good for UConn. I'm just pointing out your hypocrisy.

It was absolutely a ringing endorsement.

Now you want to get in tight with the fire-Manny crowd by giving a C grade to an OC hire that you endorsed two years ago.

Hilarious.

No.

It was not.

You’re grasping at straws in a desperate attempt to engage in a fight.

Did my religion thread upset you that much?

Poor baby.

No.

It was not.

You’re grasping at straws in a desperate attempt to engage in a fight.

Did my religion thread upset you that much?

Poor baby.

Grasping at straws? Funny, I'm just directly quoting you.

I don't care to fight with you, nor does your "religion thread" upset me.

Your passive-aggressive flirty-***** routine does not change the fact that you are a "goes-whichever-way-the-wind-blows" fraud.

Or maybe it just proves it.

Your schtick is only amusing in small, rare doses.

Advertisement
Back