How would you grade it?

• A

• B

• C

• D

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Advertisement
It's a B- hire (for now). HUGE concern about the red zone offense. I don't hate the hire, but I'm uneasy about those numbers. His RZ offense was also terrible at UConn. That's now multiple schools where his offense has struggled in the RZ. Malzahn said making him OC was a mistake. Maybe it works out but there are red flags all over the place.

View attachment 107200
I get what your saying but when you look at total scores, it’s 55 to 39. Running more plays gets us more scoring opportunities and I’m good with that for now given what we could’ve ended up getting.

I'll say B, which seems to cover the majority of votes so far.

Frankly I would have preferred someone younger and more of a gamble on greatness, someone with less of a resume. I don't care so much about results as brilliance. This comes across as overly standard...focusing on someone available who has mostly positive results running the type of offense that everyone seems desperate for.

I didn't pay any attention to SMU other than the bowl game. I do remember my impressions from the bowl game. There was a thread touting Lashlee here prior to the game. Then it got very quiet and inactive once FAU was dominating matters. But I remember being impressed that virtually nothing was run from empty sets. I despise empty sets. The play fakes were vastly different than Miami's recent history because they were followed by immediate snap throws. That probably stood out more than anything. We're going to need a quick trigger. Lashlee preferred to aim lots of those quick play action throws to 7 yard and stop type of routes.

Closer to the goal line he used more running backs. That was another glaring tendency that I viewed as a positive. It was very familiar from Auburn. We're going to need one of those block-only fullbacks like Chandler Cox, now with the Dolphins.

The aspects I did not like were the overboard reliance on trick plays, and tendency to throw short of the marker on third down. One of those trick plays essentially ended the game when FAU blew it up and returned for a touchdown.
Lashlee is in his 30’s how much younger did you want to go at OC? Manny is on a hot seat hotter than Hades - he wasn’t going to take a flyer on a FCS or DII OC, he needs to win and win NOW.

B for Manny’s effort. I wanna see a different O that at least turns up on game day, and only then can one grade the quality of this hire. Also, not getting Zo done is a negative.

Wait til we see this ******* offense. It's light years ahead of what we ever had here. SoFlo recruits are going to fall in love with it. We won't need "recruiters" on offense; this kind of offense sells itself.

Advertisement
SIAP, let’s rate him after the season. I fell victim to what looks good on paper with Enos. I wanna see Lashlee prove it on the field.

Part of my concern is that Lashlee's system may begin to work in year 1 but will likely require 2 years to take hold. I doubt Diaz makes it that far. He's going to have to win the team.

Advertisement
What are your thoughts on the hire? @TheSwagger1

He’s a competent dude who will be stepping into a bad situation. Horrible OL and questionable QB room under a lame duck HC make me wonder what he was thinking, honestly. He will make them look better but I think he might only get one year with all of our issues. We have to find a QB who can do what he requires. They’re a dime a dozen in Texas. Not sure we have one on our roster at the moment. Great OCs can get it done in one year. I feel confident he’s good, we will see if he’s great.

Advertisement
Back