How would you grade it?

• A

• B

• C

• D

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Advertisement
He needs to find a QB that can run his O.

TVD can run it and so can Kosi truthfully. Jarren I believe will transfer. My guess is Rhett will see who is in the portal as well. I didn't not say it above, but he's got to toughen up the players on the offensive side of the ball.

Here are some highlights of SMU from this past season that show some of what he does on offense.

Advertisement
Route concepts alone is night and day from auburn. Malzahns o has third grade route concepts and it’s no secret.

Lashley has worked with pat sullivan and dykes, I promise you you won’t see what auburn does all game. He does use the power run aspect but his pass game is night and day more advanced over Gus.

**** , Auburn finished below us in passing lol, there’s a reason Auburn qbs always struggle under Gus as a hc, everyone has caught on to his madden 99 route combinations.

You’ll see a mesh of all the guys he’s learned under , and that’s how it should be. Not just running what your mentor taught you. You should always be learning and picking up new philosophies to offense. Which he has.

As long as they keep it simple and go fast, I think it can work here.

It's a B- hire (for now). HUGE concern about the red zone offense. I don't hate the hire, but I'm uneasy about those numbers. His RZ offense was also terrible at UConn. That's now multiple schools where his offense has struggled in the RZ. Malzahn said making him OC was a mistake. Maybe it works out but there are red flags all over the place.

View attachment 107200
My concern as well. A lot of people's reasoning have been that at least it's not Anae

This is a homerun hire guys,

he runs thw kind of offense all you crave.
he is foward thinking and innovative
And with the current state of the program, it was gonna be hard for manny to lure any big name or upcoming OC.

Advertisement
Call KJ Costello YESTERDAY please ...

I’d feel much better about the hire and our overall situation if we get a proven veteran QB in here cause right now I feel like we are going to be stuck with TVD and only ONE of the ******* dorks we have at QB currently.

1578093753552.png

Advertisement
At the very least it will be more exciting that this last season.... I never miss a game but I struggled to get through the end of this year.

About the same as LSU, Ohio State, Oklahoma. His offense just doesn't seem efficient in the RZ.

SMU's 3rd down conversion rate was No. 30 nationally. Which is a very good stat! Generally speaking, any 3rd down rate No. 30 or higher leads to good offensive numbers. Enter the total offense and points per game listed already. I don't know why SMU's red zone percentage was so low and what not. Nevertheless, I HAVE A GOOD FEELING about where Miami's offense is going next season. And it isn't anywhere near this season's pathetic offensive offensive display.

Advertisement
SMU's 3rd down conversion rate was No. 30 nationally. Which is a very good stat! Generally speaking, any 3rd down rate No. 30 or higher leads to good offensive numbers. Enter the total offense and points per game listed already. I don't know why SMU's red zone percentage was so low and what not. Nevertheless, I HAVE A GOOD FEELING about where Miami's offense is going next season. And it isn't anywhere near this season's pathetic offensive offensive display.
That 3rd down stat is promising. It's just that the RZ stat is a huge concern. He makes a lot of trips there (as much as LSU/OSU/OU) but can't convert way too often. He seems to be an upgrade over Enos on paper. But gotta remember how the media was saying Enos was a homerun hire as well. I don't think he's enough to save Manny's job because there is a cultural problem with the team.

Advertisement
Back