Rankings

Got ya - the way I read the determination of seedings for the ACC Tournament, the highest winning percentage will be regular season conference champs and #1 seed, next highest percentage #2 seed, etc.
Correct winning percentage is first and foremost. After that comes head to head, etc. for tiebreakers

Advertisement
Ok, which one of you was this?

Chris
12:33
Hey guys, new subscriber here!! Love the content, Wanted to get your opinion on Miami, what do they need to do from here in our to host and also for a national seed? Also Do you think this roster is built for Omaha? Thanks again!!

Kendall Rogers
Chris -- if the Hurricanes split their final two regular season series, they'd still finish ACC play at 20-10 -- that'd be pretty impressive to go with a Top 10 RPI. That would likely get it done. As for the 'Canes, I really like the one-two punch, and having the best closer in college baseball certainly helps. Miami would be a tough team to knockout.

Ok, which one of you was this?

Chris
Hey guys, new subscriber here!! Love the content, Wanted to get your opinion on Miami, what do they need to do from here in our to host and also for a national seed? Also Do you think this roster is built for Omaha? Thanks again!!

Kendall Rogers
Chris -- if the Hurricanes split their final two regular season series, they'd still finish ACC play at 20-10 -- that'd be pretty impressive to go with a Top 10 RPI. That would likely get it done. As for the 'Canes, I really like the one-two punch, and having the best closer in college baseball certainly helps. Miami would be a tough team to knockout.
Idk who the caller was, but Kendall basically copied and pasted our analysis from this board and passed it off as his own.

Advertisement
Idk who the caller was, but Kendall basically copied and pasted our analysis from this board and passed it off as his own.
Very possible since they can tell we have some pretty analytical posters here (smiley face inserted). It is logical though - if we win ACC or finish within % pts of 1st with a Top 10 RPI, we'd better get a super-seed.

Very possible since they can tell we have some pretty analytical posters here (smiley face inserted). It is logical though - if we win ACC or finish within % pts of 1st with a Top 10 RPI, we'd better get a super-seed.
That’s what I think too. Top 2 in a P5 conference with a top 10 RPI is basically a guaranteed national seed. It would take a bad tourney showing and then VT, Louisville or ND to win the tourney to jump us and someone else who is top 15-20 RPI to win their tourney as well, to keep us out. A perfect sh*t storm if you will.

That’s what I think too. Top 2 in a P5 conference with a top 10 RPI is basically a guaranteed national seed. It would take a bad tourney showing and then VT, Louisville or ND to win the tourney to jump us and someone else who is top 15-20 RPI to win their tourney as well, to keep us out. A perfect sh*t storm if you will.
I think the last ew years have proven the selection committee doesn’t care about the end of season tournaments.

Advertisement
I think the last ew years have proven the selection committee doesn’t care about the end of season tournaments.
I promise you if Auburn, or Vandy or even A&M, ran through the SEC tourney, they’d get national seeds. Same with VT, ND, or Louisville. Assuming all things hold to where they are today. I don’t think you can play your way out of one, but you can steal one.

I promise you if Auburn, or Vandy or even A&M, ran through the SEC tourney, they’d get national seeds. Same with VT, ND, or Louisville. Assuming all things hold to where they are today. I don’t think you can play your way out of one, but you can steal one.
I agree - the tourneys give the Committee the opportunity to shaft someone based on 2 - 3 recent games vs 55 prior. And don't assume this is an enlightened Committee like football and basketball (no disrespect if some of you know some Committee members, but I have yet to be impressed).
Not to mention the geographical bias that is inherent in baseball - of course southern teams are better, but that doesn't mean they won't throw in an undeserving Pac 12 or Big Ten school every other year.

ACC RPIs
7 Miami
8 Virginia Tech
11 Notre Dame
12 Louisville
14 Virginia
18 Clemson (9-14 ACC record)
24 Wake Forest
25 North Carolina (9-14 ACC record)
27 North Carolina
29 Georgia Tech (12-15 ACC record)
31 NC State
51 Pitt (12-11 ACC record)
98 Boston College
107 Duke

ACC Standings
1 Miami
2 Louisville -1.5
3 Virginia Tech -2.0
4 Notre Dame -2.5
5 Virginia -3.0
6 Florida State -4.0
7 NC State -4.5
8 Pitt -4.5

That's crazy. Over 35% of the top 31 RPI teams are from the ACC.

I agree - the tourneys give the Committee the opportunity to shaft someone based on 2 - 3 recent games vs 55 prior. And don't assume this is an enlightened Committee like football and basketball (no disrespect if some of you know some Committee members, but I have yet to be impressed).
Not to mention the geographical bias that is inherent in baseball - of course southern teams are better, but that doesn't mean they won't throw in an undeserving Pac 12 or Big Ten school every other year.
It’s much more about 9-16 host spots rather than top 8. That’s where *most* of the movement comes from. They love to give a northern team and a western team host spots. So one of them making a run is really what they look for.

Advertisement
It’s much more about 9-16 host spots rather than top 8. That’s where *most* of the movement comes from. They love to give a northern team and a western team host spots. So one of them making a run is really what they look for.
Oh, I know. But I also know our record hosting regionals and supers vs on the road, and I hope we aren't the P5 conference sacrificial lamb this time in at #9 or #10.

Oh, I know. But I also know our record hosting regionals and supers vs on the road, and I hope we aren't the P5 conference sacrificial lamb this time in at #9 or #10.
Or like two year ago when we were supposedly 18ish and got sent to Starkville. I’m still pounding the table for a 1-64 ranking. ***** regionality.

Advertisement
Rosario vs good teams and Rosario vs bad teams.
What about good Rosario vs good teams vs good Rosario vs bad teams vs bad Rosario vs good teams vs bad Rosario vs bad teams?

It's basically a Punnett square. Is there anyone in here who passed AP Bio that can tell us what will happen if Rosario has to start a game in the regional?

What about good Rosario vs good teams vs good Rosario vs bad teams vs bad Rosario vs good teams vs bad Rosario vs bad teams?

It's basically a Punnett square. Is there anyone in here who passed AP Bio that can tell us what will happen if Rosario has to start a game in the regional?
Ha - not a biology guy, but his dominant trait seems to be inconsistency. So, do we let him tank game #2 in the ACC tourney (and maybe even give Palm or Ligon an extra week off in the process) and hope he then has a quality start in the post-season if he's needed?

Advertisement
Back