Rankings

Ha - not a biology guy, but his dominant trait seems to be inconsistency. So, do we let him tank game #2 in the ACC tourney (and maybe even give Palm or Ligon an extra week off in the process) and hope he then has a quality start in the post-season if he's needed?

If we finish the regular season strong, yes, tank the ACC tournament and go home to rest.

Advertisement
RPI:

Canes win tonight, as does the rest of the ACC. Wake, UVA, UNC, VT, and GT who came back from down 12-5 to walk off in the 9th to beat a good Georgia Southern team 13-12.

D1 baseball has us holding strong as the #5 national seed.

FSU isn't great but they do have them as a #2 seed, so I think with tonight's win, winning the series at Howser this weekend 100.0% keeps us well in the thick of a national seed and maybe even a 1-2 weekend does as well. I think we are in really good shape for a Top 8.

D1 baseball has us holding strong as the #5 national seed.

FSU isn't great but they do have them as a #2 seed, so I think with tonight's win, winning the series at Howser this weekend 100.0% keeps us well in the thick of a national seed and maybe even a 1-2 weekend does as well. I think we are in really good shape for a Top 8.

We take the series this weekend and we're a lock for a top 8 seed unless we completely collapse and go 1-3 or worse against FGCU/ND. Even if we go 1-2 this weekend I think we'd be in good shape as long as we beat FGCU and take 2 of 3 from ND.

Bottom line is we control our own destiny and that's all you can hope for this late in the season.

Just win baby, when you control your own destiny, that is the easiest way to get to where you want to be.

I see us taking 2-3 from FSU this weekend.

Our bats are hot as **** right now

Advertisement
If we finish the regular season strong, yes, tank the ACC tournament and go home to rest.

I'm not saying that the ACC tournament means anything, but I'd think you would want to give the starters a chance to throw, instead of having some of them sit idle for nearly 2 weeks.

I wouldn't "tank", but I wouldn't put the pitchers into high pitch-count/high stress situations either.

1652393286192.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
ACC RPIs
5 Virginia Tech
8 Miami
11 Louisville
14 Notre Dame
15 Virginia
17 Florida State
21 Wake Forest (12-15)
22 Clemson (10-16)
23 North Carolina (12-15)
26 Georgia Tech (12-15)
34 NC State (14-12)
55 Pittsburgh (13-13)
100 Boston College
101 Duke

Standings
1 Miami
2 Virginia Tech -1.0
3 Louisville -1.5
3 Notre Dame -1.5
5 Virginia -2.0
6 Florida State -3.0

Advertisement
ACC RPIs
5 Virginia Tech
8 Miami
11 Louisville
14 Notre Dame
15 Virginia
17 Florida State
21 Wake Forest (12-15)
22 Clemson (10-16)
23 North Carolina (12-15)
26 Georgia Tech (12-15)
34 NC State (14-12)
55 Pittsburgh (13-13)
100 Boston College
101 Duke

Standings
1 Miami
2 Virginia Tech -1.0
3 Louisville -1.5
3 Notre Dame -1.5
5 Virginia -2.0
6 Florida State -3.0
Despite gagging all over themselves against FSU, still control their own destiny and will be a Top 8 if they take care of business.

So we just need to take 2 of 3 from the little green men and we win the ACC and secure a top seed?
Depends on if VT sweeps Duke or not, if we lose another game, they will need to lose 1 too.

If they sweep and we lose 1, we finish #3 for the tourney seeding, despite the 2nd best record.

I think we'd both be national seeds in that scenario though.

Depends on if VT sweeps Duke or not, if we lose another game, they will need to lose 1 too.

If they sweep and we lose 1, we finish #3 for the tourney seeding, despite the 2nd best record.

I think we'd both be national seeds in that scenario though.
Agree. It's the Top 8 national that matters. 3-1 this week and a respectable showing at the ACC tourney and we're good.

Advertisement
Back