Rankings

Advertisement
Today’s D1 baseball field of 64 has us #4 overall.

Notre Dame is #11….as I’ve been saying, a series win this weekend and the road to Omaha goes thru the Light.

1. Tenn.
2. Oregon St.
3. VT
4. Miami
5. Auburn
6. Stanford
7. Maryland
8. L'ville

****, that's some respect for the ACC. ND is 11 and FSU is 12 too.

Last edited:
Today’s D1 baseball field of 64 has us #4 overall.

Notre Dame is #11….as I’ve been saying, a series win this weekend and the road to Omaha goes thru the Light.

Still control our destiny. After that FGCU mess and before the FSU debacle, I was said ND being our last series might be our saving grace. That's for sure the case. Hopefully we come through.

Advertisement
2, 5, 6, 7, 10, all lost last night.

So that means 2 and 5 already lost their series this weekend, and 6, 7, 8 and 10 are in the same boat as we are (9), with a rubber game today.

Must win obvi.

Auburn really shot themselves in the foot this weekend. They’ll finish 5th place overall in the SEC. Even with a good RPI, that doesn’t scream Top 8. A&M is probably best positioned now if they can improve their RPI in Hoover.

Forget Florida hosting after they dropped their finale to South Carolina and dropped to 24th. 15-15 in the SEC.

Auburn really shot themselves in the foot this weekend. They’ll finish 5th place overall in the SEC. Even with a good RPI, that doesn’t scream Top 8. A&M is probably best positioned now if they can improve their RPI in Hoover.

Forget Florida hosting after they dropped their finale to South Carolina and dropped to 24th. 15-15 in the SEC.
That means we'll have to find some way to beat them then, because you know they'll be coming to the Light as a 2 seed. FSU isn't hosting after their week.

Advertisement
ACC RPIs
4 Virginia Tech
7 Miami
9 Louisville
11 Wake Forest
15 Virginia
16 North Carolina
17 Notre Dame
21 Georgia Tech
29 Clemson
30 Florida State
42 NC State
72 Pittsburgh
96 Duke
123 Boston College

Half the league is in the Top 17 in the RPI.

I think if the season ended today, this would be the top 8, based off current records, conference rpi rankings, and overall resume, with a little inspiration from D1 Baseball projections:

1. Tennessee
2. Oregon State
3. VT
4. Miami
5. Stanford
6. Maryland
7. Louisville
8. Texas A&M

I honestly believe that top 6 is locked down, and everyone is fighting to make a case for those last two spots. Could also see TCU backing into one of those spots as Big 12 champ, but gave the nod to A&M as the 2nd best team in the SEC which holds the top conference RPI.

Maryland might be higher with their RPI now at #3, but their metrics just don’t add up for me, the NC RPI is just boosting them up.

Advertisement

The D1Baseball team disagrees, they think Florida could still host if they make it to Saturday. Go… no, sorry still can’t do it.

Advertisement
The D1Baseball team disagrees, they think Florida could still host if they make it to Saturday. Go… no, sorry still can’t do it.
I think they could also, assuming a few of the other bubble teams falter this weekend. And I'm fine with that. Either way, I hope the Committee gets a little bolder and creative this year with the placement of the 2 seeds.

Florida vs A&M tonight is massive for both. Auburn and Louisville losing leaves the door open for A&M top 8 and UF can still get into top 16. If UVA goes 0-2 they might lose their host spot.

Advertisement
Back