Ranking Miami QB's over the last Decade

Advertisement
Well, you're terrible at evaluating quarterbacks.

Sure am. That’s why he’s playing Canadian football and even had a season where he threw more interceptions than touchdowns.

But I love how you pull out one statement because I used the numbers to prove your argument for Jacory “being more important to his team” than Rosier wrong

Jacory’s one of the worst QB’s I’ve seen. The reason that team won 9 games is because Oklahoma lost their QB, FSU was down, and our toughest win was GT. (A decent Miami defense will not lose to GT) That was a good team stacked with talent. Running backs alone was Javaris James, Greg Cooper, Lamar Miller, and Mike James.

Jacory was the reason even though he had less overall yards, less touchdowns, and more interceptions lolololol

Jacory Harris had two seasons with a better QB rating than Rosier's 2017 season.

And he was leaned on WAY more than Rosier was leaned on last year. Jacory was asked to go win games. Rosier was asked to please not lose them.

Harris (2009)
242 of 406 (59.6%), 3,352 yards, 24 TDs, 17 INTs, 140.1 rating

Rosier (2017)
224 for 415 (54.0%), 3,120 yards, 26 TDs, 14 INTs, 131.1 rating

The entire argument against Jacory is that he threw a lot of picks but in reality he only threw 3 more than Rosier.

Jacory Harris had two seasons with a better QB rating than Rosier's 2017 season.

And he was leaned on WAY more than Rosier was leaned on last year. Jacory was asked to go win games. Rosier was asked to please not lose them.

Harris (2009)
242 of 406 (59.6%), 3,352 yards, 24 TDs, 17 INTs, 140.1 rating

Rosier (2017)
224 for 415 (54.0%), 3,120 yards, 26 TDs, 14 INTs, 131.1 rating

The entire argument against Jacory is that he threw a lot of picks but in reality he only threw 3 more than Rosier.

It’s weird how Rosier had more attempted passes if Jacory was the one that “had to go win it”. You also didn’t include rushing stats or rushing touchdowns. Even without it Rosier had more passing touchdowns and less interceptions.

Jacory threw more interceptions through 2009-2010 than any quarterback in the NCAA. Meanwhile Rosier scored more touchdowns overall than any Miami QB last year.

Sounds like Jacorys team won in spite of him and Rosier helped his team more.

Jacory Harris sucked although I met him and I thought he was a great kid. Kaaya was an average college QB.

How is that you're wrong about both QBs.

These are Kaaya's national ranks in adjusted yards per attempt.

2014: 20th
2015: 22nd
2016: 19th

In the top 25 every year of his career.

Advertisement
In 2009 Jacory had -219 rushing yards while Rosier had 428 last year. So I wouldn’t brag about Pickory having a few more passing yards

It’s weird how Rosier had more attempted passes if Jacory was the one that “had to go win it”.

Teams throw the ball about 1.1 times more per game in 2017 than they did in 2009. So not out of the ordinary.

And that's also not accounting for simple things like Rosier threw 4 more passes against FCS Bethune-Cookman (28) than Harris did against FCs Florida A&M (24).

Stuff like that is meaningless and adds nothing to this argument.

Next.

Advertisement
In 2009 Jacory had -219 rushing yards while Rosier had 428 last year. So I wouldn’t brag about Pickory having a few more passing yards

I'm saying that Jacory had far more yards per attempt and adjusted yards per attempt.

You know what adjusted yards per attempt measures?

Of course not.

It takes yards per attempt and adjusts for TDs and INTs.

Adjusted Yards per Attempt
Harris (2009): 7.6
Rosier: (2017): 7.3

You guys are just grasping at straws with this nonsense.

Rosier is so bad at throwing the football that you have to fish for things to make it closer.

So Jacory finishing -219 rushing yards and Rosier finishing with 428 is grasping at straws? That’s 600 extra yards for their team.
Fine. I’ll go back to Rosier had more passing touchdowns, rushing touchdowns, less interceptions and fumbles. Go ahead and pick a sentence out because you can’t deny that

Advertisement
So Jacory finishing -219 rushing yards and Rosier finishing with 428 is grasping at straws?

Yes.

He's a quarterback. He's throwing the ball about 80% of the time he's directly involved in a play.

You're suggesting that it's fine if he sucked 80% of the time because he adds a nice bump the other 20% of the time.

Fine. I’ll go back to Rosier had more passing touchdowns, rushing touchdowns, less interceptions and fumbles. Go ahead and pick a sentence out because you can’t deny that

Jacory gets the nickname "pickory" despite having a season with way less picks than Rosier (9 in 2011) and only having 3 more than him in 2009.

What you can't deny is that Jacory had two seasons better (efficiency) than Rosier's 2017 season.

Advertisement
Yes.

He's a quarterback. He's throwing the ball about 80% of the time he's directly involved in a play.

You're suggesting that it's fine if he sucked 80% of the time because he adds a nice bump the other 20% of the time.

If you don’t think rushing (or not being in negative yards from sacks) is apart of a QB’s game then your stuck in the 90’s. Rosier beats Jacory on less interceptions (which causes losses) and more passing touchdowns alone. However, if they’re close a 600 yard gap in rushing yards clearly breaks it open

Jacory gets the nickname "pickory" despite having a season with way less picks than Rosier (9 in 2011) and only having 3 more than him in 2009.

What you can't deny is that Jacory had two seasons better (efficiency) than Rosier's 2017 season.

Yes as a fourth year QB he did throw less than Rosier did in his first season playing. Huge deal. However Jacory also had two seasons where he threw more interceptions than ANY other QB in the nation and his junior year he threw more interceptions than touchdowns.

Adjusted Yards per Attempt
Kaaya 2016: 8.9
Kaaya 2015: 8.6
Morris 2013: 8.5
Kaaya 2014: 8.4
Harris 2011: 8.3
Morris 2012: 8.2
Harris 2009: 7.6
Rosier 2017: 7.3
Harris: 2010: 5.2
Marve 2008: 4.2

Advertisement