Ranking Miami QB's over the last Decade

Advertisement
Dude. We went into the 4th up 30 to 10. Kaaya completely disappeared in the 4th, and didn’t even attempt a pass in overtime. We handed the ball to Joe Yearby 3 times and kicked a FG.

You're going to blame Kaaya for a 30-10 game becoming 33-33 at the end of regulation?

You are utterly delusional.

Your entire presence in this thread so far has been to ignore that defense actually exists.

Last edited:
Kaaya was 25 of 42 for 379 yards against Nebraska which basically would have been a career day for Malik Rosier.

His defense gives up 23 points in 11 minutes and Loose Cannon blames Kaaya.

You can't make this stuff up.

Kaaya was 25 of 42 for 379 yards against Nebraska which basically would have been a career day for Malik Rosier.

His defense gives up 23 points in 11 minutes and Loose Cannon blames Kaaya.

You can't make this stuff up.
I didn’t blame anyone. I simply asked you how many games Kaaya won where we were tied or trailing going into the 4th quarter.

You said Nebraska.

You were wrong. We led 30-10 to begin the 4th.

But, since you brought it up, the fact that the offense only managed three punts, an interception, and a field goal in the 4th quarter would have certainly been laid at the feet of the QB had that game been last season.

That is exactly how this board has treated Rosier.

376 yards and 3 TDs in a 24-19 game, and it was close not because the defense gave up 19 points to a depleted, 1-8 UNC team, Rosier didn’t score enough points.

It wasn’t close because all Travis Homer could manage was 20 yards and a 4th quarter fumble that pulled UNC to within one score...Rosier couldn’t sustain drives.

Advertisement
Harris - Trash. IDK where to put the other 3 but Harris is last in my book. Dude had 1 or 2 good game here and people act like he was good or something. I don't care what anyone says, Harris had the best chance to actually win. National championship? probably not but his teams had solid parts. He had a pretty decent run game with James, Cooper, and Berry. The defense wasn't as bad as the Golden year.. they were good enough to at least win 10 games or make the ACC championship or win a bowl game for that matter. We also had a good kick/punter in Bosher. But there he was, throwing as much interceptions to the other team as possible. I think we can all agree other then Roster, Harris had the best situation to actually win but flopped.

Jacory goes 9-4 but he "flopped" yet Malik goes 10-3 and he's Gandhi?

I didn’t blame anyone.

You fooled all of us rational people.

Dude. We went into the 4th up 30 to 10. Kaaya completely disappeared in the 4th, and didn’t even attempt a pass in overtime. We handed the ball to Joe Yearby 3 times and kicked a FG.

He had his team up 33-10 with 11 minutes left in the 4th quarter but one of your first statements is that the QB disappeared in the 4th quarter.

But, since you brought it up, the fact that the offense only managed three punts, an interception, and a field goal in the 4th quarter would have certainly been laid at the feet of the QB had that game been last season.

That is exactly how this board has treated Rosier.

What?

If Rosier had delivered a 33-10 lead with 11 minutes left and the game went to OT, that would have been laid at the feet of the defense.

The issue is that Rosier rarely does that. He relies on people like you to praise him for crappy performances that have one scoring drive at the end,

Advertisement
376 yards and 3 TDs in a 24-19 game, and it was close not because the defense gave up 19 points to a depleted, 1-8 UNC team, Rosier didn’t score enough points.

Yeah, because that's a fact.

If he had scored 33 points then it wouldn't have been close.

Rosier was 16 of 38 against UNC.

The game was only close because he sucked.

5 replies to say “You were right. I was wrong.”

And still not a clue why you got band last time.

Hello Malik! Thank you for posting on the forum. Did your accuracy improve during the past 8-months?

One thing. Improve your play in 2018 and you may have a point. As it now stands, you are - statistically - the worst performing QB since Queerby Freeman. Improve your play and you will leave a better legacy.

(And, sadly,.... The answer is a definitive "yes", your arm IS a 'loose cannon'. See if you can tighten it up this year!)

Advertisement
Jacory went 9-4 once in four years and threw interceptions nonstop. Malik went 10-3 in his first year as starter.

Another moronic post where somebody tries to compare one team to another (and incorrectly).

Jacory was a huge reason why that team even won 9 games.

Malik was a much less important factor in last year's team winning 10 games.

f7455dbedf7d51ac3011509460fd7f55--nclex-different-types-of.jpg

Advertisement
Another moronic post where somebody tries to compare one team to another (and incorrectly).

Jacory was a huge reason why that team even won 9 games.

Malik was a much less important factor in last year's team winning 10 games.

Lol what a joke. Jacory’s one of the worst QB’s I’ve seen. The reason that team won 9 games is because Oklahoma lost their QB, FSU was down, and our toughest win was GT. (A decent Miami defense will not lose to GT) That was a good team stacked with talent. Running backs alone was Javaris James, Greg Cooper, Lamar Miller, and Mike James.

Jacory was the reason even though he had less overall yards, less touchdowns, and more interceptions lolololol

Last edited:
Jacory Harris sucked although I met him and I thought he was a great kid. Kaaya was an average college QB. Brad’s big problem was he had zero athleticism parking meters could move around in the pocket better than he did.

My favorite of all time was Steve Walsh, followed by Dorsey, Jim Kelly, Bernie and Vinny.

I said no such thing.

You've been losing the entire time because facts are stubborn.
You brought up the 2015 Nebraska game to try to show that Kaaya had actually come from behind to win a game, which is incorrect, but I'm glad you brought it up. Because it perfectly highlights why almost everyone except you knows that Malik Rosier was an upgrade at the position. He may not be a better passer, but he does the little things better. And most importantly, he doesn't completely vanish in the second half or when the game is on the line.

You blame blowing a 33-10 lead on the defense, but completely gloss over the fact that Kaaya had 6 possessions in the 4th quarter, one that began at the Nebraska 23, yet all we could manage was 3 points. We couldn't move the ball, convert 1st downs or even kill time.

Our offensive series were:
3 plays for 2 yards (Kaaya 0-2 passing)
4 plays for 15 yards (Kaaya 1-3 INT in the endzone)
6 plays for 50 yards (Kaaya 3-5 but took a check down on 3rd and 10 to settle for a FG)
6 plays -1 yards (Kaaya 1-3)
3 plays 9 yards (Kaaya 0-0)
2 plays -2 yards (kneel downs to go to OT)

In the 4th quarter and OT, Kaaya was 5-12 with an interception.

You blame the defense for blowing the lead, but the offense gave the ball back to Nebraska 5 times in the 4th quarter.

And speaking of defense, yeah...the defense won the game with an interception in OT.

Brad Kaaya ALWAYS shrank away from the moment. He never once led this team to a victory. We either won easy games against cupcake teams, or we got our asses kicked. I give Golden and Onofrio plenty of blame, but there were many of those games we lost simply because Kaaya couldn't make a play when it counted most.

I never argued that Rosier was a better passer, so making your argument based solely on passing stats and calling it facts...that is your mistake. Kaaya was 20 of 30 passing for three quarters, but when he needed to convert third downs and kill clock to keep Nebraska off the field, he was 5-12.

Rosier is not a better passer, but he is a better QB because of what he does when the game is on the line. You can blame him for close games if it suits your narrative all you want, but the fact is that teams often find themselves in close games--for whatever reason--that come down to the final series. Compare Rosier and Kaaya's records in those situations--those where a QB truly has a direct impact on whether we win or lose, and Rosier is the better QB hands down.

Advertisement
Back