Ranked by D1Baseball

Happy for the boys but until I see improvement in the field, I will not be convinced. The same mental errors are there. The batting is much improved which is great to see. I am cautiously optimistic, but need to see the mental errors erased.

Semper Canes!!!

Advertisement
Happy for the boys but until I see improvement in the field, I will not be convinced. The same mental errors are there. The batting is much improved which is great to see. I am cautiously optimistic, but need to see the mental errors erased.

Semper Canes!!!

They showed a lot of improvement in the field just by adding Jenkins to the lineup. He's absolutely an elite CF and must have taken away 4 hits just last weekend.

Going to a late game lineup of Gil at 1B and Escala at 3B also leads to a much improve defense. We probably dont win on Sunday without Gil playing 1st in the 9th.

This is never going to be a good fielding team, but at least DiMare has been making it a priority to get better defenders out there when possible

Ranked #24 this week by D1 Baseball.

RPI is 14

A ton of improvement this year!

We should be back to elite next year. Pitching is worrisome next year. We may get lucky and see McKendry return. They did recruit a large amount of pitchers this year.

We are seeing marked improvement vis-a-vis last year. Great year thus far.

Advertisement
Ranked #24 this week by D1 Baseball.

RPI is 14

If we can win the rest of our ACC series and get to 40 wins the weekend of the selection committee, there's still an outside chance of hosting. But I continue to believe the teams currently in front of us will have to stumble (NC in particular, as I doubt the ACC will get more than 4 hosts).

But if McKendry and McMahon aren't healthy, it's probably a moot point and we'll be a 2 seed at some SEC team's park.

A ton of improvement this year!

We should be back to elite next year. Pitching is worrisome next year. We may get lucky and see McKendry return. They did recruit a large amount of pitchers this year.

We are seeing marked improvement vis-a-vis last year. Great year thus far.

Might have to find another JC transfer a la Jeb, Brian, etc. Gino and JD have done a good job in that category in recent years and it may have to continue.

If we can win the rest of our ACC series and get to 40 wins the weekend of the selection committee, there's still an outside chance of hosting. But I continue to believe the teams currently in front of us will have to stumble (NC in particular, as I doubt the ACC will get more than 4 hosts).

But if McKendry and McMahon aren't healthy, it's probably a moot point and we'll be a 2 seed at some SEC team's park.

Really hope at least McMahon is back this week. We likely can handle losing 1 of them if Keysor can keep pitching well. But not having both would be devastating.

Advertisement
Rankings so far this week:
D1 Baseball: 21
Baseball America: 23
Perfect Game: 23

As the latest proof of their disturbing love affair with Mike Martin, D1 has FSU ranked 23rd

As the latest proof of their disturbing love affair with Mike Martin, D1 has FSU ranked 23rd

I just want FSU to miss the tournament. That would make my year.

But unfortunately, that doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Advertisement
Doesn't FSU need to raise their RPI to make the tourney? Does it help them being overranked in the other polls?

Polls ultimately mean nothing, just like in basketball there's a selection committee of college ADs that determines the tournament. The two most important factors the committee tends to look at are RPI and conference record

The writers at D1 Baseball admitted FSU is ranked in part due to their "pre-season top 10 pedigree" lol. However, even they admit an ACC team isnt getting an at-large bid with a RPI in the 50s. So FSU still has work to do, regardless of where they're at in the polls

FSU is a lock to make the tourney now. After the Saturday game of the Miami series they looked to be dead.

Advertisement
FSU making the tournament as of right now is insanity. No team from the east coast gets in with an RPI in the upper 50s. Spots like that are saved for places in the country that aren’t heavily represented already. See UCLA getting in over us to break our streak

FSU making the tournament as of right now is insanity. No team from the east coast gets in with an RPI in the upper 50s. Spots like that are saved for places in the country that aren’t heavily represented already. See UCLA getting in over us to break our streak

Anyone recall our RPI at the end of '17 season?

I don't get it either. Maybe he's a great man, but he comes across to me as this Andy Griffith, aw shucks type. And a lot of it seems like an act. I thought he should have been fired after the Regional debacle last year.

Advertisement
Back