Random Run Ins

Gino played at my golf course a few years ago. I started talking to him and his buddies started giving him a hard time about just throwing the ball up and letting his receivers run under it. I said, Gino tell them about that 4th and 8 pass you threw to Copeland against FSU in 91 in the final drive. Gino looked at me like he had no clue what I was talking about?? cool dude

Advertisement
Went out to bar near UCLA on 1/1/02 with Grassy, Bakas, Bomb and few other Canes fans. A little after we got there Shockey came in with couple friends from Oklahoma and sat at the bar. After a little while there, they all came over to our table and Shockey sat across from me and we had a great convo. He said Coker and coaches were afraid of Nebraska, but players know they are going to win. Also asked him about throwing up the ‘X’ when he scored and he turned to his buddies to show them and he mentioned it was for his boys back home in Oklahoma.

Great night although I started drinking heavily while chatting with him without realizing it and I passed out shortly after they left. Supposedly we hit up some more bars and ran into some other people... but I don’t remember ****!

GO CANES!
Josh

Advertisement
Back