Random Run Ins

also I got to interact and see Ray lewis everyday during summer camp during the 2000 season with the Ravens. It was right after his trial the year they won the Super Bowl. That was one intense dude in between the white lines. He had legit “switch” that he could turn on and off when he needed it when it came to violence and physicality.

I watched him destroy priest Holmes, Leroy hoard, and rookie Jamal Lewis three straight reps of LB/RB blitz pickup. He then turned to the RB coach and told him succinctly that there wasn’t anyone who was going to be able to block him this year....not on that team or in the NFL itself. Was pretty amazing watching that from 20 feet away “inside the ropes”. You know Ray was right too
Should have hit Leroy Hoard harder.

Advertisement
I live and work in LA, and The Rock was on the lot a few weeks ago for some Ballers shoots. However, just walking up was discouraged.

In a non-Miami moment, a year ago Mike Tyson was on the lot talking to some execs about a boxing documentary. Got to meet the champ. Nice, quiet, guy, made time for those wanting a handshake and a picture. Looked in great shape, and like one punch could kill.

Last edited:
I know yall won't believe me but I met Chad Oco Cinco Johnson at my weed mans house, dude is funny as ****.

Walked past Sapp at a Orlando Magic game with a Cane polo on, I said go Canes he replied The U.

No I would never ask another grown man for an autograph.

Duke Johnson earlier this summer in Charlotte, after he requested a trade, I thought he wanted to be a panther lol

Advertisement
Rusty Medearis at Casola’s when he had a cast on his leg.

@dsddcane at Hong Kong in Tijuana. (Not really but it would make for a cool story).

Casola's! One of my favorite food joints when I was at UM. And Rusty was awesome.

Gino Toretta bartending at the Tavern in the Grove 1991 after a Miami win, forgot which team they beat.

I grabbed Gino Torreta's *** when he walked by in a crowded Rathskeller back in the fall of 1992. I think it was promo night (Thursday) before the FSU game (Wide Right II). I did it for no other reason than to be able to tell people for the rest of my life that I grabbed a Heisman trophy winner's ***. And I was drunk as ****.

At least.

She attended The U, right? She doesn't say much about the Canes. Although she's doing NFL, not CFB.

Hey, man, you got to keep it classy at first. If the line works, though, **** I'd tell the wife "I'll be back in a couple hours, ....maybe, don't wait up."

Yeah, she did go to Miami, I wasn't aware of that, had to look it up. Can't really blame her, it's been pretty rough to rep the U for a little bit.

Should have hit Leroy Hoard harder.
I honestly don’t think he could have to be honest. Leroy was a 245 lb ball of mass and Ray blew him up like he wasn’t there. Then he called out “the rookie” (Jamal Lewis) and proceeded to run right through him too. Trust me this wasn’t attacking a guys shoulder, ray attacked the whole dude and destroyed them all.

Best part was after the first rep with priest, Jamie sharper went up to take the next rep and ray told him to go back he was doing it again. Jamie looked at ray, threw his hands up like do you mane.

Amari Carter at Twin Peaks in West Palm.

Bartended for awhile and served Will Muschamp and his wife after 4-8.

Advertisement
OJ Simpson back in 2000 at the Mayfair in Coconut Grove. Darryl Strawberry sat next to my dad and I back in like '98 at an IHOP in Ft. Lauderdale. His table was practically on top of ours and my dad kept saying very loudly "I think that's Darryl Strawberry" and I turned and looked at Darryl and Darryl looked at me and we both were just kind of shaking our heads at how embarrassing my dad was making the situation. Good times.

Literally just ran into Playmaker 30 minutes ago at Walgreens in ft laudy he was super cool there’s not a lot of people i get starstruck by and have to shake they’re hand but Mike is one. GOAT UM guy

Advertisement
So there I was photographing the UCF vs. FAU football game last week, and I turn to my left and see none other than Ray MF'n Lewis on the sideline. Went over, shook his hand, and told him Go Canes. This got me thinking:

Who have you RANDOMLY run into (current players/ coaches or alumni) while out and about? Obviously I don't mean at events or pre/post game but just randomly.
Ran into Jeremy Shockey in Epcot. Thats one big dude

Advertisement
A random one. My dad keeps kosher. We went to some Kosher Cajun restaurant in the French Quarter during the 2000 Sugar Bowl trip. Sat next to Sherko Haji-Rasouli. He could not have been nicer. That trip we also walked by the team hotel to see if people were left after the game and wound up watching FSU lose to Oklahoma with the offensive line and their families.
I guess Sherko observed Halal. There's an area near here in Rockville MD where there are some Kosher markets and restaurants near a ****** High School. There was, and still might be, a kabob place run by an Algerian family. They told me a lot of people from the ****** HS like to eat there because I guess Halal is consistent with observing Kosher rules.

I love Kabob. Wish we had more in my area.

Should have told him that you were going leave him floating in the middle of nowhere unless he signed on our staff ...
Actually, not funny. We almost lost a couple of players on our first NC team due to a boating accident. I think it was Jack Fernandez and maybe another defensive player whose boat overturned in the Atlantic. I think they managed to stay afloat hanging on a cooler or something 'til rescued. This happened before the game, perhaps the previous summer. Don't remember all the details, maybe somebody else does. I think Fernandez came off the bench and won the MVP award for us.

Haven't met any current players, but ran into Antrel Rolle at a Flanigans in Kendall, and about a year ago saw Frank Gore at Copper 29 in the gables with 2 baddies.

Yesterday i ran into the guy that replaced the ac in my house last week. Mind blower.

Advertisement
Back