Radakovich

Advertisement
Is that your guitar as your avatar? You play? What brand of guitar is it? That's a Gretsch isn't it?
Is that your guitar as your avatar? You play? What brand of guitar is it? That's a Gretsch isn't it?
I am curious if it’s a Gretsch as well. Have my eyes on a semi hollow at some point. Taylor, Gibson, Strat are in my stable.

A Tele and a semi hollow would sort of round it out for me.

I wish I could play. Love music, hate music theory. It is Trey Anastasio from Phish’s Languedoc. The luthier who made it was their original sound guy and now just makes guitars, including all of his that he plays. They are gorgeous. Here is a rundown of the different ones he has played over the years:
I thought it looked sort of custom. Makes sense.
Nice looking axe.

You don't need to know music theory nor do you need to read music in order to play. That's a huge misconception among those who have never played. Pick up an inexpensive Squire Stratocaster and a small amp and you are on your way!
I got my daughter a Squire Tele and now she plays that and a Yuke.

I have a Mexi strat, put a bridge humbucker in and the things sounds amazing. The Gibson and the Taylor are fantastic and spent a bit of loot on them.

I know a bit of music theory, not a ton but play everyday and love it. Never thought I would fingerpick or solo. Now I can do both. Labor of love and very relaxing.

Advertisement
True but money changes everything.
Money changes your perspective on Miami too. Just like LA. Some places are vastly better places to live than Bumblefuk, SC or Norman, OK if you're rich.

It's why I always laugh when someone living a very nice "middleclass" life in a $175k 4 bedroom house in an Ohio or Alabama suburb says they'd NEVER want to live in Miami. No ****, Chief. You're not ABLE to live here. Well not unless you're kewl living just west of I-95 and having bars on your windows.

As far as Rad, who knows? He's from a gritty part of Pennsylvania and has actually spent time in Miami. He has no real loyalties to "Southern" living.

Money changes your perspective on Miami too. Just like LA. Some places are vastly better places to live than Bumblefuk, SC or Norman, OK if you're rich.

It's why I always laugh when someone living a very nice "middleclass" life in a $175k 4 bedroom house in an Ohio or Alabama suburb says they'd NEVER want to live in Miami. No ****, Chief. You're not ABLE to live here. Well not unless you're kewl living just west of I-95 and having bars on your windows.

As far as Rad, who knows? He's from a gritty part of Pennsylvania and has actually spent time in Miami. He has no real loyalties to "Southern" living.

FWIW, he didn't just "spend time" in Miami, he got his MBA AND he worked there for about 7 years.

Advertisement
Wife graduated from IUP, his alma mater, and I taught there part-time when I was in graduate school (We were already married not a coed).
Why would he leave Clemson?
I Usually Party lol ...good times...can't see him leaving clemson

You described me during a certain period of my life without even knowing it haha

He has two national championships at Clemson and rebuild the basketball arena and he’s worked here before and has a degree from here I see very few negatives
I think success in situations that are similar to our situation is a better comparison than just national championships. In an ideal world, we get an AD that has experience being successful in an Athletic Department of a university that resides in a large city. Not sure how much the experiences of an AD at a college in a town so small the town and university have the same name will help us. Clemson and Miami are in very different situations.

Advertisement
I think success in situations that are similar to our situation is a better comparison than just national championships. In an ideal world, we get an AD that has experience being successful in an Athletic Department of a university that resides in a large city. Not sure how much the experiences of an AD at a college in a town so small the town and university have the same name will help us. Clemson and Miami are in very different situations.
ummmm he was also AD at Georgia tech

Facts. Vacant lots in Opa Locka/Carol City/Hialeah /Miami Gardens are going for $200K+.

Advertisement
Radakovich is not coming to Miami. He makes too much. $2M/year. A guy who is on the BOT and is a friend of Dan, tried to get Dan hired for AD from GT when Kirby Hocutt left for TT, but it didn't get worked out. I’d love to get Rad here, just don’t think it’s possible now.

I think the new AD might be Tony Hernandez. Good, smart guy whose background makes a lot of sense for us.

Last edited:
Radakovich is not coming to Miami. He makes too much. $2M/year. A guy who is on the BOT and is a friend of Dan, tried to get Dan hired for AD from GT when Kirby Hocutt left for TT, but it didn't get worked out. I’d love to get Rad here, just don’t think it’s possible now.

I think the new AD might be Tony Hernandez. Good, smart guy whose background makes a lot of sense for us.
F**k that fat piece of sh*t.

Advertisement
Back