Radakovich

I have a friend who is a donor and an insider at Clemson and here's part of what he just txt'd me:
"If you get him, I think he'll do a good job steering everyone in the same direction"

He also said he was a good facilities guy. Said he was instrumental in the development of their facilities and would be good for us.

He also said he was glad they were getting a new AD because Rad basically did everything for them that he could, it's a win-win for Clemson and UM.

I'm no insider, but I do have a friend who's an insider there. Take it for what it's worth.
We rollin'

Advertisement
Is that your guitar as your avatar? You play? What brand of guitar is it? That's a Gretsch isn't it?

I am curious if it’s a Gretsch as well. Have my eyes on a semi hollow at some point. Taylor, Gibson, Strat are in my stable.

A Tele and a semi hollow would sort of round it out for me.
Awesome! That's a nice little collection. I'm basically starting over again at this point. I want to start playing again. I would love a Gibson Les Paul or an Explorer. A flying V is also on my list in addition to a Fender Strat and Tele. There's also an Adrian Smith Jackson I have my eye on. Then of course there are some great Ibanez guitars that are great to rip on if you like playing hard rock and Metal like I do.

daffy duck masturbation GIF

It's time !!!!!

Awesome! That's a nice little collection. I'm basically starting over again at this point. I want to start playing again. I would love a Gibson Les Paul or an Explorer. A flying V is also on my list in addition to a Fender Strat and Tele. There's also an Adrian Smith Jackson I have my eye on. Then of course there are some great Ibanez guitars that are great to rip on if you like playing hard rock and Metal like I do.
The Strat is very reliable. The Les Pauls are timeless and just sound amazing.

The fact you dropped Adrian Smith tells me you and I would get along. I actually play Wasted Years acoustic fingerpick.

My son’s first concert was Maiden when he was 11. Blew his mind opening with ‘Aces High’ and a plane on stage.

If you are just getting back into, get a Mexi strat, not expensive and are versatile. You can beat it up and if you decide after six months you really don’t want to play you didn’t spend 3-10G’s…..

Advertisement
Serious question. Why can't we get brand new reporters? Like pull all these people's credentials for being idiots and not knowing how to edify the program instead of dragging down with stupid questions.

Advertisement
Lake's question was the best and although Rad didn't go into super detail he clearly understands ROI and college athletics with a clear emphasis on football.

I think it was Dave Hyde talking about the business model but it's also refreshing to hear an AD not give lip service to the importance of Miami athletics in relation to the university hierarchy but to essentially deem it an equal partner to teaching/research and the health system.

Dan Radakovich has arrived.

Radakovich, who was hired last week to replace Blake James as the University of Miami's new Director of Athletics, had been tying up loose ends at Clemson and doing Zoom interviews from there.

But now he's at the University of Miami in the flesh. And today he held his first full press conference.

There's a lot on his plate, and the 63-year-old has hit the ground running.

Today he discussed some of his goals and visions at the program.

As it pertains to the football program and how he’ll work with Mario Cristobal?

“He knows how to do it and he’s seen it, understands what it takes,” Radakovich said. “There are things from his vantage point and me from my vantage point having been at some top caliber program, we can take our collective knowledge and pull that together here to move the University forward.”

Radakovich said facilities will be stressed and be “at the best that they can be” but that “it always has been and will be about people.”

He expounded on the facilities issues that “there are a lot of factors there that go into it. You have to see where your strengths are, where you need additional assistance right away. There will be a full review of everything from a facility perspective and how we can make that work best.”

As it pertains to return on investment issues given the money being put into football, Radakovich said at Clemson “football was the train that allowed us to do everything else - they made an incredible profit mainly off the 80,000 people that came to gamedays as well as our affiliation with the ACC.

“Football is the economic engine, that’s how it is at almost every Power Five institution. Sow we have to make sure that happens here.”

So how do you get more fans in the stands at UM? Well, winning of course is the key.

“You can’t market your way to a full stadium, but you have to make it something people want to be a part of,” Radakovich said. “The presentation, what we do in and around the stadium is really important.”

Radakovich also said “we need to be a shining example of integrity, innovation, commitment.”

“That’s important for us to play that role in our campus community,” he said.

He stressed that at Clemson there was alignment between the “board, President, Athletic Director and coaches in football.”

“We need to be sure we’re all rowing in the right direction,” he said.

In introducing Radakovich, UM President Julio Frenk said he has “a bold vision for the future of Hurricane athletics.”

“The future looks bright for our Miami Hurricanes,” Frenk said. “Dan Radakovich has the ingenuity, business acumen and reputation as a high performing leader that we need at this moment to navigate (UM’s path forward).”

The bottom line for Radakovich?

He said he’ll spend time in the coming months “engaging, listening and learning” and will be meeting with coaches in all sports through December and January.

“There’s a lot of work to be done,” he said.

* Radakovich, asked if UM might add softball, said “it’s something we’ll look at.”

Adding softball would free up more men’s sports scholarship spots in other sports as it pertains to Title IX.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back